Need Help ASAP

CORVETTE06

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3 Weeks ago i met a girl online. I hung out wit her 3 times since then. she asked me to be her date to her brothers wedding. (2 weeks notice, its tomorrow)

Am i supposed to bring a gift?

im not cheap or anything, i just dont wanna look weird bringing a gift if im not supposed to.

Jay Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about a gift unless you are feeling really inspired.

Its cool. You're a guy.

JJ

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CORVETTE06 said:
3 Weeks ago i met a girl online. I hung out wit her 3 times since then. she asked me to be her date to her brothers wedding. (2 weeks notice, its tomorrow)

Am i supposed to bring a gift?

im not cheap or anything, i just dont wanna look weird bringing a gift if im not supposed to.
Why did you agree to go to a wedding as her date after only 3 dates?? what are you her boyfriend??!! I can tell you never been to a wedding before because you are suppose to bring a check as a gift (about $100).

At weddings you don't show up for free because every extra person costs money for catering not to mention it is expected that you bring money as a gift. I just hope that she doesn't think that you are going to pay for her as well (make that $200 check).

Reaction score
No kid - absolutely not!!!! No gift is expected or wanted!!!! Enjoy the free beer and food - this is a man's paradise (it would be better if a virgin was involved)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What needs to happen, is the both of you need to bring one gift together. Call her up, and ask what she's bringing. Receptions always have plenty of food, so you shouldn't have a problem chipping in $30 for something.

Yeah, showing up at a wedding without a gift is widely considered a rude thing to do. If you care about being rude, and it seems that you do, chip in on something.

Reaction score
it all depends if u have had sex with her yet or not.......my guess is u havent even kissed her, right?

if u are fvcking her, then u can bring a card or somethin, but otherwise, dont worry bout it

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
been to a wedding before because you are suppose to bring a check as a gift (about $100).
where the hell do you live when the people all bring a check as a gift? I got some money, but it was the EXCEPTION rather than the rule, and it was never more than $50.

Most people bring actual gifts. But most of the gifts are handled at the bridal shower. You only get gifts at your wedding from those who never made it to that.

Anyways, I would suggest backing out of going to a wedding as a date so early on in a relationship.

But if you don't, then give the couple a card. You don't need to put money in it, because you haven't known them that long, but a simple card is nice and thoughtful.

Jackman

Don Juan
Reaction score
The gift is her responsibility. It might be different if you've been together with her for a long time and her brother knows you well, but that's not the case. Just go and have a good time. Shake the the poor bast@rd's hand and wish him well, that's all.

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl is showing you off to her friends/family this is a good sign, however it doesn't mean you should show up with gifts. Just be respectful and be a man in front of everyone else. Don't worry about the kissing part, let it come when it comes.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
No, you don't need to bring a gift. You are her date and you have likely never met the people getting married. As her guest, her gift covers you both.

Modro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
get a card they probably wont even notice if you brough something or not its not like u have met them before.