Need feedback on website i created....

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so ive created this website , but its kinda hard to get feedback from people , so i would be really greatfull for any feedback from you guys here , what you like about it what you dont like about it , etc etc......

http://www.fightplus.com

i know people arent website creators or stuff like that here , but i need feedbck from regular viewers not website geniuses , cuz its mosty regular people who visit the site....
And i dont want to be percieved as a spammer or advertisment or sumthing , i just need some feedback.... so thank you to anyone who replies.....

Ojete

Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, the colors are appropiate for the theme of the site. However, for slower connections the main page could take lots of time to load with the clip and the main image. But it looks nice man, congrats ;)

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From first impression, it has a very nice layout, very professional. One thing, however, is that the banner is looking a little bit too plain (I know that's what you were probably going for, but it doesn't fit with the rest of the website). I think it would probably look better with the "fight +" letters in the flash just a little bit bigger.

I like how you're making great use of flash! But one simple thing you need to do is make the background of the page black, because not everyone is viewing the page in the same resolution you are. I know you can't match all resolutions and browsers, but try to make it friendly.

This is how I view it:

On page "PROGRAMS" the borders overlap when viewed with Mozilla, but do not when viewed with Internet Explorer.

Pages seem to be loading slowly, bandwidth?

Very impressive photogalleries, you fit the photos in excellently.

The forum's perfect.

Although I haven't seen the channel (I live in Italy) the website itself looks very nice, and seems to have desired content. One thing, though, unless you're asking just for feedback like you're doing here, don't advertise the website until you're finished with it.

OVERALL: very professional, great use of flash, nicely fit in images but there's always room for improvement.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kk thanks for the feedback guys ,

i just made the banner plain because it would take me alot of tiem to make a really pro banner , so as a subsistute for that tiem i just made a simple banner....

i dont know about the whole background thing , i kinda like it being kinda boxed to the side , not like merged in with all the site , and i wanted to have that space open for possible advertisement banners and stuff ....

thanks for notifying me about the mozilla thing , ive only viewed it with opera and explorer i will try to fix it so it works good with mozilla aswell....

about the bandwith , hmmm it works pretty fast for me here , but it could just be the files stored on my laptop.... but i will also look into that.....

but anyways thanks for the feedback guys , and would be great if more people could give me some , would really help me find a way to make the site as good as i can make it....

edit : ps do the pictures in the photogallery take alot of time to load ? or do they apear within seconds ?

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, one more thing, I think you can also improve the ABOUT FIGHT+ page with more information, it seems a little vague. It seems that you want to attract people to your website and get them to subscribe (not only people who have already subscribed), so maybe you could give a little more specific details?

EDIT: I didn't see the PS. On my 128kb/s connection (in italy), the pictures appear within seconds. Basically it loads the link-bar, and then it takes a few seconds to load the "main" frame (with the pictures), but then it all loads instantly.

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One more thing, maybe I'm lookin too much into it, but on the photo that has "KOTC PHOTOS" written in it, under you wrote "cOMING SOON" with the lowercap "c" :)

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow reall sick job bro...good sh!t.

...you could work on the flash a lil more, i know flash is a pain in the a$s but its real sick and gets a lot of attention

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morphiex said:
i know people arent website creators or stuff like that here
how?

Also, nice site. I'm impressed, but i agree with the above poster, the background needs to be black regardless of resolution.

add bgColor='#000000' to the <body> tag and it should fix it, but you probably know that.

I also think the banner animation should be slightly bigger + the phpbb forum needs to match the colour scheme of the site.

:up:

edit: if you are using a phpbb board (which it looks like you are) then there is a bug in that linked user images/avatars aren't resized, and can screw around with the layout/won't be neat. If you aren't having avatars, it won't be a problem, however the fix is quite simple. Anyway, good work man.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like it takes a bit long to load, but other than that, it looks great. Good job!

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I like it, too. The bulk of the text being on a white background is a good idea; it's easy to read.

I don't understand the 'intended for viewing in norway, sweden, etc:

http://www.fightplus.com/images/INDEX_17.gif

Why does it matter?
it was just so that people would understand that the channel only is for peope from norway , denmark sweden & finland..... and not currently available in other countries.