Need advice

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hi all,

Need some help.

Was set up with a girl and we've been on three dates so far. The background I was given on the girl is that she is extremly busy with work and starting a business that she doesn't have much of a social life. My friend gave me her cell #.

The first date was a coffee date which ended with a hug. Then she called me several days later saying she wanted to go out again.

The second date was dinner, where she immediately proposed a toast. I gave her a very small box of 2 chocs, and at the end of that date, she gave me a big hard hug and grabbed my hands and squeezed them. She gave me her home # and her email add.

The third date was set up entirely by email, ate out for dinner again; she offered to meet me at a restarant closer to my apt. She paid for the dinner because my b-day was in a couple of days. Again, she immediately proposed a toast. She again, did most of the talking but she seemed a little less energetic (this was in the middle of the week). She seemed more fidgety too, playing with her hair and fiddling with her bra, but no smile that I remember while she was fidgeting. She did complement the way I dress.

Anyways, we hugged again, and she did tell me that she wants to take it slow cuz her last bf was nutty. (She walked back to her car backwards facing me, kind of slowly w/smile...like a nervous little girl)

Two days later (Saturday) she called on my b-day and said she was really enjoying getting to know me, and we made tentative plans for date #4, though set no date, she said she would call me again later in the week. So Thursday night arrived and I decided to call to keep the trail warm, kept the convo short, she said she would definitely give me a ring. But the next 4 days went by (her dad flew in to stay with her for a few days) w/o a call and she left for her trip.

Now my question to you all DJ's is this....

1. Should I call her on New Year's just to wish her happy yadda yadda?
2. Should I wait to call her a few days after she arrives?
3. Should I just wait for her to call me?

I don't want to pressure her, but I dont want to seem to passive either.

thanks

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do a thing. It may seem to go against every instinct but don't call, she said she wanted a 4rth date so its on her to set it up. If she just drops you and never calls back then she being a flake. If she continues to act nervous around you and continues do stuff like you mentioned preempt ther by saying "Let's just be friends." Second your not her BF so feel free to see other women, its not right if you have give up other good leads since your friend decided to set up with some who has no social life and needs you for a good time.

-Grey Fox

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I would agree w/ Grey Fox, don't do a thing, let her follow up. After all, her dad was in town and she was busy w/ him, not many girls I know will go out on a date when there father comes to town to visit them. Secondly, she is out of town now, she's not gonna call you to start making arrangements for a date unless she's head over heels for you.

Have patience and she will call shortly. Keep cool bro.

slipstreamer83

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also agree completely with Grey Fox. You can´t concentrate on one girl. She shows you good signs, but maybe she is not in the right moment for a new BF, as you said that her ex was "nutty". So you have to open up your possibilities. If it ends up like you want then fine, but you can´t expect that in any situation.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice,

I think I will wait in the weeds for her to call me. She will return the weekend after New Years and she'll probably call during the weekdays after. I think calling her to leave a happy holidays message after being the last to call is a tad AFC and not being a challenge. I would much rather still play the "mystery" card at this point, give her something to pursue. Would u agree?

In the meantime, I'll try my best to date other girls to hedge myself and not catch One-itis.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should have kissed her though on 2nd or 3d date... She gave imo major signals for that...