NEED ADVICE!! Guys hitting on your girlfriend..

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, there's one thing that has always puzzled me in the past year, and that is a guy flirting/hitting on your girlfriend right when you're there!

It's happened to me many times before, just not sure how to respond to the situation or how to act and what to say when a guy does that. My girl by no means flirts back at all, but she doesn't pull back either.

I tend to have an "I don't care" attitude, because I feel that if I show I care too much, she'll become the prize in the relationship. However, I've had doubts about my attitude in that, if I show I don't care, she may have the frame of mind that "The guy I am with doesn't even care about me."

Any advice is appreciated.

justiceseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a tricky situation. On one hand, you don't want to let your girl see you act jealous, because like you said, that makes her the prize. Besides, she's a grown up and she can tell them to get lost.

On the other hand, it kind of makes you look like a ***** if you don't do anything. I guess it's better to just ignore it. But, if she keeps letting them do it, then I'd basically walk out and leave her there.

The only time I'd suggest stepping in, is when your girl is clearly telling him to **** off, and he keeps persisting. At that point it's not her fault anymore, and you should jaw jack the fvcker.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Axcell said:
Hey guys, there's one thing that has always puzzled me in the past year, and that is a guy flirting/hitting on your girlfriend right when you're there!

It's happened to me many times before, just not sure how to respond to the situation or how to act and what to say when a guy does that. My girl by no means flirts back at all, but she doesn't pull back either.

I tend to have an "I don't care" attitude, because I feel that if I show I care too much, she'll become the prize in the relationship. However, I've had doubts about my attitude in that, if I show I don't care, she may have the frame of mind that "The guy I am with doesn't even care about me."

Any advice is appreciated.
Your attitude is the correct one. When I'm with a girl and another dude starts showing interest, I take that s--- as a compliment.

If he puts his hands on her, however, or starts making indecent proposals, that is when you let your alpha male show and put a stop to that s--- immediately.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Act as if this guy is hitting on an girl you have no interest in.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore it is the best thing to do.

I'll give you an example with my ex. We will be at a party with our friends. Me and her will be talking and some guys will come up and start flirting with her infront of me. So, I walk off to talk to other people I know. Right after I walk off and let the guys flirt with her. Next thing I know she is right by my side again. That is one good sign.

If she is flirting back and it looks like something you don't like. Pull her aside and let her know.

But, in the end the best thing is to ignore it and go about your business.

blackhatter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignoring is a good tactic if it's light flirting. However, if the guy is being a total douche by the time he sees that you're with her, it's time to step up and say something.

This is an obvious I hope. If you ignore a dude outright making a move on your girl when he knows that she's with you, then you just look like a fool.

I'm usually nice but firm about it at first. A good technique that works most the time is introducing your self to the guy if he starts hitting on her. Most guys will get the point from there, but if they take it to the next level then it's time to look him straight in the eyes and say, "look bud, I don't ask much but you need to watch what you say around my girl especially when I'm standing right next to you."

Again, I would never get this confrontational unless he was really dropping some crumby lines like "you're cute" or "you should come back to my place".. along those lines.

On the other hand, it looks extremely AFC to intrude when you KNOW that the guy is a chump and just a friend. Let them gossip about whatever he wants to talk about. He's got no chance.

chinwaggler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
walk away. if she follows you, all good, if she stays there and is neutral, wait until she leaves him which she will if she's not interested (and shouldn't be if she's with you). if she stays there and flirts back, let her do it and tell her you didn't approve later, or ask the guy to leave.