Need advice from DJs to deal with neediness

LightOfVictory

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have been trying to get rid of neediness from myself by learning to love life.

Im organising more social outings
Going to the gym
Working on my core purpose
Focusing on my academics
Working on my inner self through spirituality
And.. NOT making women the centre of my life.

I would like to get advice from guys who have worked on this part of themselves and have come to the other side.

Thanks!

Last edited:

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take up a martial art like longfist Kungfu and dedicate yourself to it 100 percent...either that or a serious sport and give it your all...martial arts, though, are the best IMO for conquering such things...

LightOfVictory

Don Juan
Reaction score
zinc4 said:
take up a martial art like longfist Kungfu and dedicate yourself to it 100 percent...either that or a serious sport and give it your all...martial arts, though, are the best IMO for conquering such things...
Im interested to know. Why does the cmmunity advocte working out/taking up a sport/being active? U get increased testesterone. But how is that linked to desperation? I mean desperation is a bit more complex, normally arising from lack of childhood affection. Any comment on that?

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LightOfVictory said:
Im interested to know. Why does the cmmunity advocte working out/taking up a sport/being active? U get increased testesterone. But how is that linked to desperation? I mean desperation is a bit more complex, normally arising from lack of childhood affection. Any comment on that?
Youre asking "why workout?"

I'm asking YOU. "Why wouldnt you want to take care of the only body you will ever have. Why wouldnt you want to be in a healthy, physically fit shape? Why wouldnt you want to look your best?"

I dunno about childhood affection >>desperation, psychology and "issues" arent my field.

LightOfVictory

Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:
Youre asking "why workout?"

I'm asking YOU. "Why wouldnt you want to take care of the only body you will ever have. Why wouldnt you want to be in a healthy, physically fit shape? Why wouldnt you want to look your best?"

I dunno about childhood affection >>desperation, psychology and "issues" arent my field.
Not why workout. But HOW does workout get rid of an emotional issue?

Yes i do take care of my body and do want to look my best. Which is why I go to the gym. I have a workout plan, protein powder and i stick to it.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LightOfVictory said:

If you find a good teacher longfist will teach you to become a much stronger, more disciplined and well rounded person in general....also qigong, a huge part of longfist, would do loads of wonders for yourself....your chi field is stuck because of your childhood issues...qigong would get it flowing properly again and you would feel much better and much more at peace...however it is not an overnight or even semi quick process...takes a lot of practice and time and dedication...but after a year you will see a big difference if you have put in the proper time and work ethic......it would also help with your neediness because it would become your source of comfort and your primary ambition if you take it serious...this has nothing to do with testerone levels...runs much deeper than that.

LightOfVictory

Don Juan
Reaction score
zinc4 said:
If you find a good teacher longfist will teach you to become a much stronger, more disciplined and well rounded person in general....also qigong, a huge part of longfist, would do loads of wonders for yourself....your chi field is stuck because of your childhood issues...qigong would get it flowing properly again and you would feel much better and much more at peace...however it is not an overnight or even semi quick process...takes a lot of practice and time and dedication...but after a year you will see a big difference if you have put in the proper time and work ethic......it would also help with your neediness because it would become your source of comfort and your primary ambition if you take it serious...this has nothing to do with testerone levels...runs much deeper than that.

Yea man. Right now, Im dedicated to applying j.krishnamurthi teachings and doing what eckhart tolle is teaching me. Been at it consistently also. I may think of incorporating yoga, but I dont think ill do qigong.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your neediness is showing through your constant asking why how why do I need to do this????

Just do. Have some faith that you're on the right path.

As for your childhood issues, get a shrink.

LightOfVictory

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Your neediness is showing through your constant asking why how why do I need to do this????

Just do. Have some faith that you're on the right path.

As for your childhood issues, get a shrink.
Thanks!

faeyt

Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest I also suffer from neediness, to an extreme level. I'd love to get involved in these types of martial arts. My only question is that, I'm 21. I know people who've done martial arts since they were 10 to 13. Would I need to take another, more basic form of martial arts like karate or basic kung fu before I would be suited to take longarm kung fu?