Need a critique on friends text idea

Bossman90

Don Juan
Reaction score
So basically my friend told me to text a girl this:

Hi ____. This is bossman from the other day at ____. Been really busy, hope all is well. I would like to take you to dinner if you are free. Does Thursday or Friday work for you?

I think it was unassertive, but when I got the number I told her that I was busy most of the week to give her a time constraint and build up anticipation to my text.

Sneevox

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a few errors:

-Giving two days and allowing HER the option to choose which day, if any, works.

-"hope all is well"
Why do you care so much if you just met her?

-"I would like to take you to dinner if you are free."
Dinner is boring, and you're implying that she might not be free rather than imply that you know any girl would drop everything just for you... and if they don't... they're not worth your valuable time.

Namaste.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bossman90,

It's lame to "text" a girl out----especially some woman that you just met. You haven't established ANY kind of "MAN points" with her yet. Leave hiding behind text messages for the women----MAN UP! I recommend you be bolder, pick up the damn smartphone and ask her out---like a man who's sure of his self and has no shame or fear.

And when you ask her out, give her a definite day, time, and place. Say something to her like:

Hey, this is Bossman. We met the other day. I've decided that I want to go out "this day" and go to "this event" @ 7pm---would you like to come?

Then, just pause and let her answer (DO NOT fill up any dead air by YOU talking----just let HER talk, because this is her moment of truth. This is her moment to put up or shut up). Then listen closely to see if she hems and haws, hesitates, stutters, or comes up with some dumb, wack-assed excuse------then you'll have your answer.

Oh, and one other thing:

If she rejects your date idea WITHOUT recommending an alternative date for the two of you, then kick her to curb and go find yourself a chick who actually WANTS to go out with you.

Keep us posted, dude.

V.U.

Financed

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. Definitely make the call for setting up a date. I've had girls even confirm this. You're taking initiative and everyone knows its not easy to make that call.

TylerDurden92

Reaction score
Firstly you should ask her out on a high note after a bit of conversation (when she's laughing, telling something fun, or flirting, or whatever) it should be something casual like "we should grab a bite this week, how's your schedule like?"
Asking her the time is the best (low pressure), after that, you decide everything

Bossman90

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sneevox said:
I see a few errors:

-Giving two days and allowing HER the option to choose which day, if any, works.

-"hope all is well"
Why do you care so much if you just met her?

-"I would like to take you to dinner if you are free."
Dinner is boring, and you're implying that she might not be free rather than imply that you know any girl would drop everything just for you... and if they don't... they're not worth your valuable time.

Namaste.
Agreed it was a ****ty text idea on his part and I should have done it on my own.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You obviously went to your friend for help because you didnt know what to do. Where was your idea in all of this? I mean you plan to ask her out through text.....

Bossman90

Don Juan
Reaction score
omega05 said:
You obviously went to your friend for help because you didnt know what to do. Where was your idea in all of this? I mean you plan to ask her out through text.....
I thought it was a bad idea, asking a girl out on the first text. Makes you look insecure.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, if you felt it was a good moment to ask her out, so be it, go for it. You CAN call, but texting nowadays is more common. The chance of her not picking up is greater than her not looking at your text. She'll get back to you when she has time. Do NOT sit around waiting for her reply.

Start off with a hello, a few ping-pong texts, then just flat out directly invite her to a meeting. No need to drag it out.

And just see what happens, there's no magic formula. Assess her interest level from here.

Date-wise, start off light, do coffee, see if she's cool, then build up to dinner.

Good luck.