Neck/back problems

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been having a lot of discomfort from my neck and my back, lately, with my neck in particular.
Whenever I sit somewhere, it just feels weak and it takes effort to keep my head in the upright position. This is constantly annoying my ass off and makes me feel like not doing too much, because it feels so darn heavy.

I think it may have something to do with the amount that I spend behind a computer or a screen each day - I think it amounts to about 85% of my time during the day, seeing as I do almost all my work as well as my hobbies behind my computer, and then watch TV during my breaks (that's kinda bad, isn't it? :p)

Lately, when I walk, it feels like my back is way out of alignment. I also noticed that my shoes are pretty old and the bottom is worn off in different amounts in every part of the shoe. I'm going to buy new shoes later on today, and see if that helps.

My question to you guys is; what can I do to fix the physical discomfort and for those who are recognizing these symptoms, what did you do to solve it?

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, make a conscious effort to sit up straight every time you are on the PC. Regardless of how your neck feels.

When walking, make a conscious effort all the fvcking time to make sure you are up-right, chest out, shoulders relaxed.

Eventually it'll come naturally. NOW, if you've been like this for a long time then I'd recommend seeing a doctor as he might recommend you to physical therapy which will get your stance back to par.

One more thing: Get the hell off the computer. :D

usedtolurk

Don Juan
Reaction score
First you gotta put yo' neck into it,
Don't stop it do it do it,

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yip

What Nex said;)

P.S.: Those massages really DO help, try it:D

Laterz...

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys :D
I think I know what the major problem is. I sit behind the computer too damn much. I don't really have a choice because if I don't, I quite simply don't make any money but I'm looking into ways to fix it.

What kind of therapy do you guys recommend? I've been to therapists before but I've never really gotten any improvement from it, strangely enough.