NCAA Hoops!

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goldenrocker91 said:

Heres my bracket take a look tell me what you think

Not having UF winning the national title automatically screws you over. Its even worse when you don't have them even playing for it. Hello?! Has everybody in the basketball world turned in their brains for s.hit? Florida returns all 5 starters from last years dominating basketball championship...how could anybody bet against them? I don't get it. They have a weak ass bracket which automatically guarantees them a spot in the final four basically. Then they play Kansas (about the only team in the nation that worries me). However, if I'm not mistaken they lost by 2 (in OT?) with an unhealthy Cory Brewer back in the regular season. I'm giving the Gators double digits over Kansas in the Final Four. Then in the finals...who's gonna beat em? OSU? :crackup: 86-60 anybody?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way they're playing, I don't see OSU even getting to the final to play Florida... if Florida gets there.

Florida may have had difficulty with Purdue, but I'd attribute it more to Purdue playing well than Florida not being so good. Purdue's had some very good games this year, like blowing out Mich State and Illinois.

A lot of the #1/#8or9 games were very competitive. Who knows what might happen from here on in?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One more thing: mad props to UNLV for having a killer game plan and executing it well. However crappy Wisconsin may have played (which was not surpirse to me, given the big turds they dropped late in the season), UNLV deserves much credit. They and USC look like some hot dark horse possibilities among those remaining.

goldenrocker91

Don Juan
Reaction score
Florida is a good team i give them that and i have them in the final 4 but i tihnk UCLA can take them... its mostly because i love UCLA but i think georgetown AND ohio can both beat florida

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm hoping SIU gets to the final 4 at least.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, no upsets this round ... though Vandy got robbed without a doubt.

USC once again proved what I've thought all along: don't sit a player down too much for foul trouble. It's like cutting off your leg to get rid of an infection that you're concerned might cause you to lose your leg!

So USC went from 13 up to 5 down just like that. Bonehead coaching of the tournament award, hands down.

At this point I have to pick Florida & UNC in the final. They appear to be the teams that can just kick it into gear when they need to and make a close game a yawner at the end.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... and just after posting that Ohio State and UCLA played their best games of the tournament.

OSU's chances will largely depend upon whether or not Oden gets in foul trouble.

The Pac10 does appear to be underrated. Watch for Oregon.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How 'bout them Gators?! Yayerrrr!

UCLA- Got slaughtered by Florida last year and they lost their #1 player in Farmer. Its gonna get ugly.

Ohio State- Got slaughtered this year by Florida.

Georgetown- **** Georgetown.

UF has got this thing wrapped up.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, I cannot believe UNC lost!? I had them winning the whole thing. At this point I think UCLA is the strongest team. Ohio State made an unbelievalbe comeback, did you guys see that?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to bet on the next round.

Florida and UCLA looked really strong, and won easily. Ohio State looked just as great when Oden was playing, but not so good when he was out. He needs to stay out of foul trouble for OSU to have a chance against the remaining teams, especially Florida.

As for Georgetown -- they came back against a team I thought may be the best of all, and really whupped them in OT.

I'd give Florida and UCLA the best odds, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if any one of those teams takes it all.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Florida crushes UCLA again! One more win and Florida's ownage of NCAA sports will be complete! Ohio State...I know its cliche, but its the best I can do for you. There's always next year.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given that it seems like Florida has its own version of the "Jordan rules" going (does any team have less than twice as many fouls when playing them?), I expect Oden will play about 2 minutes and 55 seconds. I think Florida will be much more capable of taking advantage of the size difference playing an Oden-less OSU than G'town was.

The one thing in favor of OSU is that most people (myself included) think that all Florida has to do is get to the stadium and they may as well start the trophy presentation. Let us not forget that many people thought the very same thing when the football teams played for the national championship, except with OSU being the team that "just had to show up."

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats to Florida for another fine effort.

OSU's undoing was their stubborn insistence on trying to shoot 3-pointers. What were they, about 2 for 30 from 3-point range? They scored about twice as many points in the paint as Florida, and seemed to penetrate almost at will. Why didn't they ditch the 3s and stick with that?

What won it for Florida above all else was their depth. Noah sat out a large part of the game and it hardly mattered.