Myspace / Facebook

CORVETTE06

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey whats up? Last night (Friday) i met a lot of girls at the club. They told me to find them on facebook , or i said that i will find them on facebook. (Facebook is just like Myspace, but for colleges). If i send them friend requests today, does that look desperate? How long should I wait before sending a friend request?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fwiw, everyone has their own style and circumstances, but I refuse to use the Internet in regard to women. If a girl asks about myspace or facebook, I accuse her of being "one of those Internet people." Although ms & fb are very popular, I still think the Internet just isn't sexy. If I see a girl using those sites, a decent neg-hit is to tell her that those social networking sites are addictive, and "you may have a problem."

I take ms/fb as an opportunity to differentiate myself from other guys. If she says to look her up on facebook, I tell her to give me her number instead, so that we can talk on the phone like normal people.

Grimple

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why facebook?

Is it really that hard to ask for a number?

Silky

Reaction score
fb is an easy way to social proof yourself if you have a lot of friends and activtiy, or an easy way to give yourself negative social proof.

it would indeed seem desperate if you sent them requests today. wait a few days.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CORVETTE06 said:
How long should I wait before sending a friend request?
Oh, plz, just send her a friend request before she forgets you. You really think she's gonna say,

"Omg he didn't wait 3 days to send me a friend request, he's sOoO needy"?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chances are if you sent it the night after you meet her, she will be a little creeped out by it.

I've met girls at school or wherever and had them add me on myspace less than a few hours later. It's awkward, and I know exactly whats going through their mind. If you're on, do it, no biggie, if you want to wait a day or so, go for it. It's the internet, not like you're going to die.

Ace_McGregor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just ask for the #. Skip the whole facebook thing. Think about it - when you talk to her on facebook you'll eventually ask for her number, right? Why not just skip this step and get the number to begin with?