My workout

Evolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iv started doing this three times a week.

All sets are heavy and I try to fail by atleast 10 reps. Everything is done using free weights apart from pull ups. I train hard with strict form.

4 Sets of squats
4 Sets of bench press
5 Sets of wide grip pull ups (to failer each time)
5 Sets of deadlift

Just checking can any one see any flaws in my simple workout. I want to pack on some size and get some serious core strength.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're on the right lines, but the volume and intensity are out of whack.

Use this:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125444

Option A is along the same kind of lines to what you are doing now, but has a better structure.

The reason for only one set on deadlifts is because anymore may impact on the central nervous system too much and lead to overtraining. I am not saying never do more than one set on deadlifts, but with the amount of squatting in this program, that is why there is only one set.

Good luck, and start a log!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
The reason for only one set on deadlifts is because anymore may impact on the central nervous system too much and lead to overtraining. I am not saying never do more than one set on deadlifts, but with the amount of squatting in this program, that is why there is only one set.
Well, dat's the rumour anyhow. :D :p

Evolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love to deadlift, so thats bad news :(.

Im not one to jump routines. So im going to give this one a go for 2 months. Go light for a few weeks. If I have not made any gains with my original routine i'll switch to option A like you suggested, it looks right up my street.