My urges make me do things I regret.

Ragin_Asian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok this is pretty silly...Sometimes I have this really deep urge to do something (etc doing sexual things with other girls mainly) then later regretting it ever happened. I know I can't help it and I even know for a fact that it wont be beneficial to me yet I still fall prey to my urges. For example I was seeing this girl who has waaaay more experience than me and things she has done has totally freaked me out and even made me lose respect for her. Yet even after I broke it off I still rang her for a booty call. As you expected I felt kinda disgusted and regretted it and felt that I've let myself down bigtime... if Instincts serve to your advantage then why do I regret things like these.

Also things like saying stuff to other people like ex's and colleagues. I have a very deep urge to do it and I have no escape cause it basically bothers me all week and I lose sleep until I finally do it. Then when I do it, I regret it big time.

MrHarris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was a child I played as a child and did childish things and had childish ways, but when I became a man I put away my childish ways and walked as a man.

A man is in control of himself. A child isn't.

DrSoSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
MrHarris, Ragin_Asian if he is 20 years old.. He is not yet a man. No offense to those under 25, but people under that age hardly ever amount to a mature male who can control his "urges."

Ragin_Asian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea but we can be doing stupid stuff but not immature things. After all we are young with nothing holding us back.

Anyways all I am asking is why people have overpowering urges that serve no purpose other than to take a step back. Being a believer of "all things happen for a reason", is it a test for to see if our self-control can handle these situations dished out on us? Like, if we can overpower these silly urges do they have a deeper result other than simply avoiding the mess it gets you?

No I am not 20......I am 21 now:D ...I aint a child but not yet a wise man but I am learning as I go.

ryanvalmont

Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny i see this thread as i've done alot of things i've regretted with girls aswell.

the reason?,mainly alcohol for me....

But do i learn and drink less?,no way,and i'm still making the same mistakes today ;(

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Eh...if you hadn't done it, you wouldn't realize how much you regret it, so you always would've been kicking yourself over whether you SHOULD have booty-called her.

Now you know better. That's called LIFE...learning from experience. Don't kick yourself over it. :p

Ragin_Asian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I guess I'll just have to f*ck up as much as I can in order to get experience...

I'm also young and still got a whole life ahead to experiment.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ragin Asian... Raging Hormones

Ragin_Asian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha yea true...

But yea once I managed to fully complete 40days and 40nights.

Maybe I should do this again and I could probably gain more control over my urges.