My situation, please read!

alexafcw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just started dating this girl. In fact it was her who asked me out! Anyway I have been applying all these techniques I have learned from this site and others to ensure my success. Things have been working pretty well, however, according to her m8s boyfriend I am "not romantic enough". The reason he's said this is because he takes his girl out all the time, buys her gifts, compliments her, spends most of his time with her where as I do not with my girl. I bust on my girlfriend, tease her and have passionate sex with her and do not see her all the time, only at my convenience. However, this brings me to my question regarding romance (as Valentines day is fast approaching) do you think I should compete with this guy and suddenly take my girlfirend out far more and spend loadz on gifts or should I continue but with a reputation of not being romantic enough? The thing is I am very romantic in the bedroom department and thought that was fine enough. I guess valentines day presents an opportunity to do more, however, do you lot have any ideas for a great date? Typically it would be flowers, maybe another expensive gift, and going to a restaurant which I shall imagine everyone is doing.

Toushi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it seems your friend is kinda "buying" his girlfriend. Yeah, they may have a good relationship, but who's in the true command of that relationship? Seems it's her.

I'm not telling you to not be romantic... This guy you talked about is always trying to please is girlfriend, so she takes that as something sure, and predictable, and consequently, it'll become part of her normal and boring life.

Be romantic in a sporadic way. That way, you'll show your romantic side without being to repetitive or boring.

As to Valentine's day, you can go for the restaurant or so, but maybe it's better to have some original ideas (don't ask me which)...

I'm not that expert, so maybe it would be better for you to hear from a true DJ.
:crackup:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean.. she is your GF.. reading this forum, you would think that actually spending some quality romantic time with the girl you are with is like sucide..

however, having a GF is like having a car.. it has to be taken care of properly.

Hell, you should like doing stuff with your GF.
Take her out now and then... do romantic stuff with her... if you see something you want her to have, buy it

however, if you are doing these things to "win her over" you are ****ing up.

also, while being romantic, you also have to still be you.

It's an art that has to be mastered in reality.. my old EX I used to make sure I did something with her once a week.. and not necessalry spending money something, just make sure she had one day of the week, or at least one night, when I was all hers.. hell one night we stayed up and played Monopoly

You have to make sure you do the same things, have the same life that you did before you got in the relationship, and not think or act like this one girl is what was missing in your life, like i see so many losers do on a day to day basis

alexafcw

Don Juan
Reaction score
cheers

Hey,

Cheers very much for the advise guys. It's just that this courting stuff is all very new to me, and I dont wanna come across like a wussy but at the same time want to show her a good time. Went to town to sort our night out, this is how its gonna go:

1) Drinks at a trendy bar by the canal
2) Then to a Italine Cuisne by the canal also
3) Then on to a walk by the canal
4) To the big wheel (like in paris or london eye)
5) Then back to mine for you know what

And they said I wasn't romantic lol now i just gotta sort out a present :(

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: cheers

Originally posted by alexafcw
Hey,

Cheers very much for the advise guys. It's just that this courting stuff is all very new to me, and I dont wanna come across like a wussy but at the same time want to show her a good time. Went to town to sort our night out, this is how its gonna go:

1) Drinks at a trendy bar by the canal
2) Then to a Italine Cuisne by the canal also
3) Then on to a walk by the canal
4) To the big wheel (like in paris or london eye)
5) Then back to mine for you know what

And they said I wasn't romantic lol now i just gotta sort out a present :(
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

skip the present.. presents are to be earned for good behiavor over enlogned periods of time, not given at free will