My new username and new me

Now I'm Enlightened

Reaction score
Hi folks. I have been on this forum a long time, in fact since 2002. I used to go by the username Guitar_Whizz, but lately I was thinking that I have not been getting what I want out of this DJing stuff.

I have made so many mistakes in my time here, going out into the field to find out what works and what does not.

I feel I am now more 'enlightened' about life and therefore have decided to start a new username, and carry on from here.

My biggest problem is now not fear or lack of trying. It seems that no matter what I do when I do cold approaches, I STILL don't seem to be getting results. Ok I have met girls at parties and social settings etc. And I have had lukewarm success at cold approaches, but I STILL don't seem to consistently get successes.

I'm from the UK, maybe cold approaches are harder here but I'm very frustrated.

Basically this a new me, and I'm prepared to analyse where I've been going wrong and hopefully start getting success with the help of you fellow DJs.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
I think changing your name is a great start since the old one still has all that old negative energy of the person you use to be still attached to it. I also commend you on the name. In a lot of cultures they believe that a person will inhibit the essense of whatever name they have.

The one piece of advice I would give you that you can use ASAP is to start following your gut/instinct more. Too many times we chase after a girl that we logically feel is pretty a hb8,9, or 10 even though we dont "feel" anything. Women have it right when they talk about "sparks". All this is, is finding someone whose your energy is compatible with. Stop chasing the ones who you logically know is pretty, find the ones whom you feel there is something there. she doesnt have to be the swim suit model, if you feel a connection and you have an attraction, that is somebody who is on the same 'wave' length with you.

As I read in one of pooks post the one that makes you go oo la la. Your first instincts/heart never stare you wrong, it's usually your two heads job to do that.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Royal Elite. Thanks for the reply. I do feel this is a new chapter for me.

I'd like to talk about some of the things I've learned about seduction since I originally found this site.

OPENERS

1. I've found that the opener 'are you single?' CAN work, but yields a LOT of rejections before you get a 'yes'.

2. Situation openers, eg asking directions, get a girl talking without her being too wary of you, but I've found it extremely difficult to carry on the conversation without it sounding contrived once she's given the directions.

3. Bold openers such as 'I think you're really hot etc', usually do NOT produce good results.

4. Non verbal openers yield consutent results, although a lot of girls won't give eye contact in the first place so you have to spend a lot of time before you get eye contact.

Another problem I've encountered is that even if I do manage to get into a decent conversation with the girl, when it comes to number close, I almost always get politely turned down. What's the point of doing a great opener and conversation if it gets you nowhere with the girl?

Ok, so I have actually had a few gfs since finding this site. I was even dating 2 girls earlier this year, but my problem is consistently getting success. I just can't seem to. Any thoughts as to where I'm going wrong?

All I want is to be able to cold approach a girl anytime anyplace (especially in the town/city centre during the daytime when there are LOADS of hot babes) and stand a good chance of getting numbers and dates.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
You are still relaying on your brain instead of your gut. When you need to approach a girl you know. A-unit posted a great post in the hb8 and by poll. He mentioned how thoughts lie becuase they create fantisies and pictures, but actions all ways tell the truth. Stop following your thoughts in a natural process like attraction. Attraction is a feeling so trying to follow thoughts is useless. Sure you can build an attraction in others, but if you don't have that type of spirit stop. Go with what you feel. Once you learn to trust your instincts you will always KNOW when a girl likes you, just as most of the time they know.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol...posting on the old one already? Didn't you have a great post on Cold Approaching a while back? Anyways good luck with the new name.

ulfur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey enlightened,

dont worry bout all that stuff matey. we're gonna sort all that out very soon!

watch out manchester! ;)

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. For some reason I can't get my new username to log in! Mods, can you sort this out please??

Royal Elite, when you say 'thoughts lie, but actions tell the truth', can you give me an example of what exactly you mean by that? In the context of approaching a girl, do you mean that if I think about it too much, my brain will 'lie' to me about what might happen, wheras if I approach I will find out the actual truth, ie what REALLy would happen?

Also, how do I know if I'm merely attracted to a girl by looks alone. You say to follow you instincts, but what if you 'feel' you are attracted to a certain girl before even talking to her....would that just be lust or would it be the certain feeling that she's someone special and worth pursueing?

Ulfur, we will indeed sort this out soon. I look forward to meeting you and learning from you. I'd so love to be able to pull some of those hot babes in manchester during the daytime on a consistent basis.