My New Frame Still Sucks

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading about NLP and re-framing for a few years now and I have been working on re-framing myself from a AFC to a PUA.

The PUA I try to be is laid back, at ease, funny and non needy etc. This new frame seems to attract more women than the AFC I used to be, but the problem is that my frame is of a AFC putting on an act of being a PUA.

As you can tell it's not a good frame to have. Has anyone else fallen into this trap and if so how did you work it out in your mind to finally kill the AFC frame?

I'm still AFC at my core wrapped in a PUA cover. Sort of like a Peanut M&M. I am afraid that if the women I'm with bites into me she will find the AFC peanut inside. Perhaps it's a bad metaphor but It's all I could come up with at this time.

Anyone know how to change this thinking?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't seem as if you have a thorough enough understanding of NLP. Go to a library or bookstore and first learn the basic concepts to build a understanding on framing properly.

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Doesn't seem as if you have a thorough enough understanding of NLP. Go to a library or bookstore and first learn the basic concepts to build a understanding on framing properly.
Wow, I think you hit the nail right on the head. I have been missing a crucial part of how to re-frame. I have been trying to add to myself and not change myself. The difference may seem subtle but it's an important distinction.

Thanks a lot for that.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canadian Catnip said:
The difference may seem subtle but it's an important distinction.
It's a HUGE distinction. Work on that distinction and then fold in presuppositions, associations and your submodalities.

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need to focus on reframing your not even there yet your just a poser. What you need to do is first find your confidence. Read the dj bible or some other useful post around here and then you'll get a better grasp. Basically your just a guy who is putting on a mask of confidence but underneath it all is still the same lack of self esteem AFC. Your talking about framing you but you need to focus on your Confidence WHICH IS THE BASIS OF BECOMING WHO YOU WANT TO BE. Once you become truly and genuinely confident in yourself you will notice the change as you have with you fake mask. Get your confidence first then worry about frame control. Got to learn to crawl before you can walk.

You should have no problem finding useful material around here but i point you in the direction of a good thread that i personally contributed myself and goes into more detail about what it really means to be a "natural". It's not all about frame control, techniques and all the shiit you think. It's a mindset plain and simple. Read the whole thread and maybe you'll learn something.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1179011&posted=1#post1179011

Myriad By Python

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alphamale is exactly right. You can't rely on ANY material to make you more alpha, before any of that you first need a strong inner core confidence.