My love handles

rawr229

Banned
Reaction score
You guys have probably seen many of these topics, but I cant find a fat burning workout for my obliques. I have big love handles that stick out a lot, my body would be in proportion if i got rid of them, you can see them through my clothes and everything, and I'm getting frustrated. I know I need to do cardiovascular exercises but everything I tried has failed, sprints, times laps, abdominal exercises, all of it. Can someone please give me some advice or a fat burning workout for my obliques, and some diet tips?

Blackmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Abs are built in the kitchen, not just the Gym. I would definitely stick with the cardio and ab work, but make sure you are burning more calories than you consume.

rawr229

Banned
Reaction score
Well I'm not trying to get ripped abs, I am just looking for a way to loose the fat around my core, because I know you can't spot reduce.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rawr229 said:
Well I'm not trying to get ripped abs, I am just looking for a way to loose the fat around my core, because I know you can't spot reduce.
if you know you can't spot reduce, then why are you looking for a way to loose fat around your core?!!!

you just said 'I know you can't spot reduce, but how do i spot reduce?"

:crackup:

the only solution is to just keep getting your bf % down. eventually the love handles will disappear.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oblique muscles can make your love handles stick out more. I used to do alot of lateral ab exercises, twists weighted balls, and also from wrestling but I have a lot thicker midsection than I used to. I'm 5'11 and wear size 32 or 33, but I have pretty low BF and 6 visible abs. But what I'm getting at is don't do any specific work on oblique muscles because that can cause your midsection to look bigger. They are good for stability in sports though so I don't care what it looks like or that I dont have a 28" waist.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
if you know you can't spot reduce, then why are you looking for a way to loose fat around your core?!!!

you just said 'I know you can't spot reduce, but how do i spot reduce?"

:crackup:

the only solution is to just keep getting your bf % down. eventually the love handles will disappear.
i think he means his stomach area.

Last edited: