My girlfriend loves me..less?

Berrius

Reaction score
Hey dudes,

Big fan of sosuave. I used to read a lot of your words here when I was in high school and then college.

Anyway, I was going to make this a long post but I'll cut it short. I really love my girlfriend. I'm not infatuated by the fact that I'm dating someone and thus I must love her. I've dated many girls since my high school days and most of them were airheads, but this one's got potential. She's smart (aiming for medicine), funny and we enjoy the same quirky/dorklike catch phrases and habits most geeks inherit.

We started flirting with each other before Halloween and by November we were going out.

Anyway, my problem is that we used to exchange I love you's and be all into it, not a care in the world until our three month anniversary earlier in January, which also coincided with her birthday. Since then, it feels like I'm still consistently being a good boyfriend, loving her right and always making our days together interesting and most importantly, hysterical.

Now, whenever she speaks to me, she seems less into it on the phone, or less in the mood to hang out. She even goes to the point of sounding very mad on the phone, but she says that she just has an attitude that's percieved as moody to a lot of people (like her parents, friends, etc) which is true, though its in much more effect now.

Did I do something wrong? Hardly. She even went to the point of giving the archtypical "You took care of me and I always laugh when you're near me and I still love you, but..." speech. Our sexual life never crossed my mind because we're both intensely attracted to each other physically

So basically, it feels as if she's telling me that she loves me less and isn't sure if we should really be dating. To her, its not official that were dating, but she doesn't want us to be split either. Though, I don't suspect her to be the kind of girl to be soulsearching behind someone, I think its unfortunate that she feels that way, though I'm glad she was honest.

----

I don't seek importance in the number of girls you date, but I have gone out with a good few, though this one seemed to be a very good one. Perhaps I went too fast?

I apologize in advance if there was already a thread regarding this, though I tried searching as anyone should before posting.

Thanks!

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be a number of reasons....your worst case scenario is that she's attracted to another guy. Do you know if there is a possibility there might be another man in the picture?

Usually, girls go through phases. First they are in a relationship with a guy and things go well. Then they meet another guy. They start to become attracted to that guy. However, nothing materializes YET, so they stay attached to their current bf, but are not as enthusiastic since their mind is elsewhere.

However, things may progress between her and the other man. They might progress so much, that she knows they could become an item. And then, by pure coincidence, at that same point in time she suddenly feels that she "need space" or that she "loves you, but is not IN love with you". :rolleyes: In reality, she is just rationalizing her temptation to cheat as something else to alleviate guilt. Next thing you know, it is over and she is dating someone else the next week.

That is just ONE possiblity though, but definetely one that happens often enough to watch out for.

Berrius

Reaction score
Yeah, I just really like her a lot and always have. And she felt the exact same way since we met and etc etc.

But now, she acts very hesitant and even said that she loves me less now, but nothing changed in the way I act towards her or how we are when intimate, so it makes no sense.

Surely, she could probably be unsure of whether or not its worth it to be with me, though she always says how much she enjoys me there with her, taking care of her.

Last edited: