My GF is looking pale - how to tell her?

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Lately my girlfriend has been looking very pale. She is a beautiful girl but this is not doing her justice and she's looking unhealthy. Because its summer now I thought she would get some colour but she goes out wearing sun block and is scared of letting any sun rays touch her due to all the media warnings.

I've tried dropping so many hints, telling her why I like a suntan on myself, that she's too paranoid about the sun, about how moderate amount of sun is good for spots and skin vitality, I've even talked about other girls we know in a "she's looking good with a bit of a tan" kind of way.

To make it clear I am still very attracted to her and love her very much, but she could be stunning with a bit of colour to her skin.

So I'm looking for a TACTFUL way to tell her. I don't want her thinking I'm not attracted to her or I'm criticising her.

Oh and if you have no experience telling women things like this, please don't respond. I am capable of coming up with theories myself. Thanks!

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to let my girl friend know that i wasn't happy about her putting on weight, allot more of a tricky subject!

Start teasing her about it in a playful way, don't go too far though

e.g. when she walks in a room go "arrhhhh my eyes i think the sun reflected off your skin!"

or put your arm next to hers and just nod like your proud that your more tanned than her...

i could go on all day

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a good idea actually if done subtle enough!

I dont envy you telling your girl she's putting on weight bro! Out of curiosity how did you say that and how did she take it?

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is not the answer you're looking for, as it's not really "tactical", but I do have experience in telling women about certain features that I think could be improved... A tan is not a "serious" subject, in the sense that it's something that she can easily change, and if it's just a light tan it's also easily reversible...

What I do is just tell her how I feel - "Why don't you get a tan?" is all that I'd say. But if you want to be less direct, then you can say "Why don't you get a tan? I think it would look very sexy/attractive on you."

Remember, more important than what you say is how and when you say it. If she's you girlfriend, and she loves you, even if she is slightly offended (in this case I doubt she will), it's still better to say what you think than to say nothing, and you don't need little tricks.

Tom Juan

Banned
Reaction score
Just tell her upfront! She will admire and respect you more if you can just be straight-foward and truthful with her. I'm sick of seeing people side-stepping and trying to sneak in through the back door. Just be straight honest with the girl!

AngelusPUA

Banned
Reaction score
Melbourne (Aus) Little Bahma (Bahamas) Marbella (S
Tom Juan said:
Just tell her upfront! She will admire and respect you more if you can just be straight-foward and truthful with her. I'm sick of seeing people side-stepping and trying to sneak in through the back door. Just be straight honest with the girl!
I agree with Tom

Be upfront but if she is the type of girl that very sensitive and has a fragile ego you might want to just tell her she will look sexier if she had a tan.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Truth said:
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a good idea actually if done subtle enough!

I dont envy you telling your girl she's putting on weight bro! Out of curiosity how did you say that and how did she take it?
When I say weight, i mean only a very slight amount, going from hard bodied to a bit soft, but i'm very fussy!

Well i used to do stuff like the arm thing i suggested, but with my abs compared to her stomach, or call her cute but slightly annoying pet names like...little porker and such. All you've got to do is not go over board this.

She's not my girl any more, this was years ago, it wasn't for this reason though.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AngelusPUA said:
I agree with Tom

Be upfront but if she is the type of girl that very sensitive and has a fragile ego you might want to just tell her she will look sexier if she had a tan.
On the people saying to be upfront compared to being playfull. It all depends on the relationship you have with her and your personality. This is just what i would do.

So either way could be the right way to go, as long as its not a complete shock in your relationship, or completely out of character for your personality

AngelusPUA

Banned
Reaction score
Melbourne (Aus) Little Bahma (Bahamas) Marbella (S
Doggystyle said:
On the people saying to be upfront compared to being playfull. It all depends on the relationship you have with her and your personality. This is just what i would do.

So either way could be the right way to go, as long as its not a complete shock in your relationship, or completely out of character for your personality
That’s a great way to put it, I totally agree.

Natch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most Retarded Post Ever.

The Truth said:
Lately my girlfriend has been looking very pale. She is a beautiful girl but this is not doing her justice and she's looking unhealthy. Because its summer now I thought she would get some colour but she goes out wearing sun block and is scared of letting any sun rays touch her due to all the media warnings.

I've tried dropping so many hints, telling her why I like a suntan on myself, that she's too paranoid about the sun, about how moderate amount of sun is good for spots and skin vitality, I've even talked about other girls we know in a "she's looking good with a bit of a tan" kind of way.

To make it clear I am still very attracted to her and love her very much, but she could be stunning with a bit of colour to her skin.

So I'm looking for a TACTFUL way to tell her. I don't want her thinking I'm not attracted to her or I'm criticising her.

Oh and if you have no experience telling women things like this, please don't respond. I am capable of coming up with theories myself. Thanks!

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Natch said:
Most Retarded Post Ever.
At least its something new on this site for a change and its real, other than the same questions that keep getting asked over and over again, "what do I say?" "how to put on weight" "how to loose weight" "i can't get it up" ........answer: go to the search tool!!!!

or tips on how to get a fake phone number on myspace

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When she comes into the room, put on a Vlad Dracula voice and go "I vant to suck your blood!"

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm a bit worried about being direct as she gets upset very easily over any kind of criticism. But maybe if I word it like "you'd look attractive with a tan" it might sound better. I might try some light teasing and joking first though as I did this with a coat she used to wear that I hated and she stopped wearing it so much.

Reaction score
My ex gf had the same problem even that her skin was brown, and you know why she was pale?? cuz she was bulimic
so be careful man

also if she doesnt have her period monthly its a sign

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my girl's asian, so i guess it's natural for her to be fair. but i've teased her about it before.

"OHMYGAWD. i couldn't tell the difference between you and something out of the Addams' Family!" -gasps and covers mouth with hand, with mock look of horror.

she got a tan. i put it very jokingly. but hey, that's just my girl. depending on the type of relationship you have with her and your personality as what Doggystyle mentioned earlier. XD all the best.