My G/F and I got SCAMMED BIG TIME......Please don't make the same mistake.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you surprised that this guy wasn't honest with you and fucked you over considering the deal he came to you with? I feel bad for you but I have to say it was karma - you were trying to steal 5000 bucks (10000, really) from a bank and the same thing ended up happening to you.

UrbanPlayboy

Reaction score
Wow, you're a doormat.

I'd drive someone home out of my way if he pays the gas. I'd buy lunch, ONCE, and not again until the guy buys me lunch.

The level of trust and kindness you showed to this guy would be equivalent to a best friend you've known for years. :down:

Last edited:

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so Iv'e been told. It looked like easy money. My girl said it wasn't worth it right before we took out the money. (us only getting 1500 out of it) but I talked her into it. But everyone makes mistakes, this is a REALLY big mistake though. I got fukked over. If anything I've really learned not to trust anyone.

sk24iam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is my advice. Get a taperecroder. Arrange to talk to your teammate in person. With the taperecorder hidde, lead him into a conversation where you talk as though you and your irlfriend had no idea the practice was illegal and your teammate scammed them. Get him to say enough information to hold him liable. Then towards then end of the convo, ask him fofr the money you owe, telling him with all the rides you've iven him and the hookups that he owes it to you. If he doesn't leave and go on your way. Later on give him call telling him you've recorded the convo and are going to the authoirties unless he pays it off. It's a touch situation but that's the only thing I could think of. Good Luck.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by belividere
Gio,
where you at on this one?
I could be wrong, but I would say that a scammer got scammed.

Tell me Willie... how/where did you get all this "free" merchandise (flat panel tvs, computers, etc)? What was your "hook up" there?

Then, a guy tells you that all you have to do is be part of a bank fraud conspiracy and you'll get some free easy money. I have a hard time feeling sorry for you.

But I'm glad that you serve as a warning for others.

If something seems too good to be true... well, y'all know the rest.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WillieSacks

SO basically me and my girl are in a 10000 (5000 a piece) hole.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT! Talk to the lawyer or even better yet an accountant or even an accounting major.

why do people only ask for advice once they have lost?

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Willie, I strongly recommend that you delete this post and try to wipe your ip-adress log. Most likely our new Power-Trippin 'Morally Right' Vigilante Gio will turn you in to the Feds.

Also, do not answer his question. He only wants you to confess.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Birds of a feather flock together. I'm not sure what kind of "fell off the truck" hook up you have forgetting the merchandise you were for free but I'm positive it's not a good operation, so really you were just dealing with another section of the underworld which you already seem to readily accept.

Take it from a former citizen of the dark, being involved in crime of ANY magnitude will only align you with the wrong people and makes you subject to their defacto rules.

I'm glad you were good enough to post this becasue I'm sure there are some people reading this post right now who are thinking about doing the wrong thing and maybe your experience will make them think twice.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
Power-Trippin 'Morally Right' Vigilante Gio
I like that. It sounds like a cool action figure.

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova

Tell me Willie... how/where did you get all this "free" merchandise (flat panel tvs, computers, etc)? What was your "hook up" there?

Then, a guy tells you that all you have to do is be part of a bank fraud conspiracy and you'll get some free easy money. I have a hard time feeling sorry for you.

But I'm glad that you serve as a warning for others.

If something seems too good to be true... well, y'all know the rest.
It's all good, I don't need anyone to feel sorry for me. I don't need anyone's sympathy.

I talked to my roommate of mine who is friends with an attorney and he said that I can get out of it by telling the FBI on the person that scammed me.

We talked and he said that I can plea bargain my way out of it. Approach the FBI saying I made a mistake and got scammed and rat the scammer out (he's scammed others before me). The FBI is after him, he said, and they would let me go if I helped pinch the guy.

HE said he would talk to his lawyer friend and that I shoud call him in a week but that's what I should do to avoid paying that huge debt....What do you think Gio.

The free stuff by the way is all legit, I know people, no one is getting scammed.

Do you guys really think I shoud delete this post....by the way I don't post at home, I use public computers so it's ok.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WillieSacks
HE said he would talk to his lawyer friend and that I shoud call him in a week but that's what I should do to avoid paying that huge debt....What do you think Gio.
The real victim of the scam was the bank. They're going to get paid one way or another. If you can work out a deal where you can get someone to nail the other guy, take it. It's pretty much your only chance of not having to shoulder the whole burden on your own, but I'd make sure you had an attorney watching your back on it.

The free stuff by the way is all legit, I know people, no one is getting scammed.
Nothing in life is free. I know people too, but they aren't loading flat panel TVs and computers in the back of my car.

Do you guys really think I shoud delete this post....by the way I don't post at home, I use public computers so it's ok.
Deciding you want to delete your post isn't going to change anything, since your post is past the editing time. Besides, if someone (the Feds especially) wanted to figure out who you are, they could do it even if you COULD delete your post, and even though you post from a public computer.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I talked to my roommate of mine who is friends with an attorney and he said that I can get out of it by telling the FBI on the person that scammed me.
Possibly, but not likely. It depends on what you consider "getting out of it". Regardless of any "getting out of it" that's done, you're going to have to pay the bank back in full for the amount you stole from them. That's what it is - theft.
We talked and he said that I can plea bargain my way out of it. Approach the FBI saying I made a mistake and got scammed and rat the scammer out (he's scammed others before me). The FBI is after him, he said, and they would let me go if I helped pinch the guy.
The thing is, you aren't the victim here. You and him were co-conspirators in an attempt to defraud a banking institution. There's no way you can claim otherwise. In addition to this, anything you say is going to be suspect due to the fact that if you hadn't been taken advantage of while you were in the process of taking advantage of someone else you never would have thought of going to the FBI. Plus, there's no guarantee that the bank won't press charges against you. Nor is there any guarantee that the FBI won't go after you instead of the "scammers" - after all, what proof do they have that you weren't the only one involved? You paid your friend in cash - no paper trail. If he's scammed others who were working with him to scam a bank or retarded childrens fund then it's likely the FBI will be more interested in him - however if you think they're going to go around giving blanket amnesty for all parties involved just because they want to confess, you're dead wrong.
HE said he would talk to his lawyer friend and that I shoud call him in a week but that's what I should do to avoid paying that huge debt....
From the sounds of it, either your friend is:
  • In the FBI
  • Omniscient
If he isn't either of the two, how could he possibly know whether the FBI is after your former "friend" or not?
If it's above-board and completely legal, you won't mind sharing just how you get people to give you $2,000 TV's and other pricey electronics for free, right? Sorry, but I have a difficult time believing that someone down the line isn't having to write it out of inventory as "stolen".

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny because one of my other roommates that just moved in happens to be a lawyer and he agreed with my other roommate. He said he would talk to his lawyer and he told me to respond to collections to give me another 30 days to talk to my attorney. I called collections to see if I could do that and they said that I could.

....but about getting out of it....I think it may be a possibility. I have a legit story that can get me out of it. Oh and my girl and I already have talked to a Lawyer about it. I wouldn't just go about talking to the FBI without a laywer present. I'm done talking about it. I don't want to incriminate myself any further... If I have any questions or if anyone wants to give me advice on it, just PM me. I prolly shouldn't have made this post public anyway but what's done is done. Like I said, I'll be more than happy to talk about it in private.

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo

If it's above-board and completely legal, you won't mind sharing just how you get people to give you $2,000 TV's and other pricey electronics for free, right? Sorry, but I have a difficult time believing that someone down the line isn't having to write it out of inventory as "stolen".
$2000, yeah right. I wish. That's a bit pricey.

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Possibly, but not likely. It depends on what you consider "getting out of it". Regardless of any "getting out of it" that's done, you're going to have to pay the bank back in full for the amount you stole from them. That's what it is - theft.

The thing is, you aren't the victim here. You and him were co-conspirators in an attempt to defraud a banking institution. There's no way you can claim otherwise. In addition to this, anything you say is going to be suspect due to the fact that if you hadn't been taken advantage of while you were in the process of taking advantage of someone else you never would have thought of going to the FBI. Plus, there's no guarantee that the bank won't press charges against you. Nor is there any guarantee that the FBI won't go after you instead of the "scammers" - after all, what proof do they have that you weren't the only one involved? You paid your friend in cash - no paper trail. If he's scammed others who were working with him to scam a bank or retarded childrens fund then it's likely the FBI will be more interested in him - however if you think they're going to go around giving blanket amnesty for all parties involved just because they want to confess, you're dead wrong.

There is a way out of it. We are the victim's.....I'll follow up on it later.