My first semi cold approach

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason I say semi is because I mentioned this girl to my friend and it turns out he knows her from a college class they had together.

He told her before I asked her out, that I had been talking about her. She asked him if she knew me and he said "no, but he's been in your shop a couple times" (she works at an ice cream parlor). He ran into her again at a bus stop and she told him that she thinks his "friend" (me) came in to the shop again and asked what her name was. I hadn't gone back yet so he said "no I don't think that was him." He said she sounded as if she wanted someone to ask her out and/or she was hoping it was somebody she'd seen before.

Basically I said "**** it," I'll just go in there and ask her out. I waited in my car pondering this **** for like ten minutes. I finally got the nerve and entered the store. Another person came to help me and I asked for the girl I was going to ask out. She came out and I (nervous, but not too bad) asked her if her name was so and so. She said yes and our mutual friend had mentioned me to her. I started with a dumb joke about how my friend said if I mentioned his name I could get free ice cream. She smiled and laughed a bit and I said I was kidding and that my real reason for being there was to ask her if she'd like to go out some time.

She said "ummm.....I'd rather not, I'm always here and I'm going to school bla bla bla (I got the picture). Even still, I said "hey I'm going to school too" and she asked what school and major, etc. I answered and explained again that I wasn't there for ice cream (she asked if I wanted some) and since she turned me down I was trying to get the **** out of there. She even said something like "better luck next time" (something to that effect) and asked me like 4x if I wanted some ice cream. All this while I'm still in the process of trying to leave.

What I don't get is I've only been there twice. The first time was probably a month before the second time, the second time was probably 2 1/2 to 3 weeks ago and during our conversation she said she remembered me coming in there and she even remembered that I ordered a milkshake both times. Would you remember stuff like this about a random person you've seen only twice in such a large span of time, if you weren't interested?

I feel better that I actually did it, even though it wasn't anywhere near what an experienced guy would have done. Maybe she was trying to let me down easy by asking me a million times if I wanted ice cream when my body language was saying "I'm trying to get out of here"........Oh well.

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, good job on the ball-grabbing and just doing it, but:

You need to establish more rapport before even thinking about trying to set a date up with a girl. Also, it's better to #close a hb before you set up a date, so that you don't seem desperate or needy.

If you get her number and tell her you'll call her later because you have to go, you show her you have a life. When you call, you call to set up the date, and get off the phone (because you have other things to do) which shows that you don't necessarily need her, but would like to spend time with her to see if she is worth your time.

You'll probably get better replies than this one, because I am not that experienced, but I do have a couple of approaches in, but no closes yet, but they will come.

suikeisuru

Don Juan
Reaction score
At least you made the attempt. Even though she rejected you, I bet you felt better knowing this than sitting in your car contemplating whether or not you should go in and eventually giving up and driving away not knowing.

Mr. Cardio

Banned
Reaction score
you have been here since september of 2004, and yet you still think and act like an AFC? I dont get it.

An AFC is a guy who knows nothing about what women are attracted to, nor does he know HOW to attract them. You have to read this site and find some tactics on here and fit them to yoru personality, and make a gameplan on how you are going to go about doing your attraction game. You have no gameplan buddy. And I am in sales, they tell us, its all a numbers game, make 100 calls, you get 10 appointments, you get 1 sale, fvck that! There is no such thing as that. To make it in sales, you must know your clients world inside and out and relate your product or service to a situation or problem in his business....

Just as that, women are not a numbers game. Its not just about, getting out there and approaching, but its about doing what you supposed to do to get results. There are lots of ways to get women attracted to you, they are all on this site, read my friend read, read my friend, read.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to establish more rapport before even thinking about trying to set a date up with a girl. Also, it's better to #close a hb before you set up a date, so that you don't seem desperate or needy.
I hear you with the rapport, but I'm not good at socializing (entertaining women) so I thought if I could atleast get a date I could practice. I asked her if she'd like to go out some time thinking I could lead that into getting her # and setting something up later, but since she said she'd rather not I didn't want to push it. Honestly, I was so nervous there was probably no way I'd have been comfortable enough to chat her up and create rapport. As soon as she said no I wanted to bolt.

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what you do to get over the nervousness:

make conversation with strangers, any strangers, even guys, at first. With time, it becomes easier. I had an interview the other day, and another guy came in who I had never seen before and decided to practice and we had about a 15 minute conversation. It really helps you out. You'll still be a little nervous at first when talking to girls, but you'll get over that with time, too, as long as you keep approaching and NEVER QUIT.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Cardio, I'm a 26 y/o virgin who is shy and introverted. How am I supposed to get over my intense anxiety in dealing with women if I don't go out there and make a fool of myself? Believe me, it took every bit of courage I had in me to do that and I felt like an idiot because I was so nervous. The general idea I get from this site is that you have to "grab your balls and get out there." That's what I tried to do and because of my lack of experience I crashed and burned.

My friend told me this girl is from some middle eastern country and won a lottery that enabled her and her family to come to the US and that she was taking college classes at the same school he was in. I figured she had a decent head on her shoulders and maybe she wanted some guy (any guy) to take her out and show her a good time. I really don't even know what I'm doing but how am I going to get the experience if I don't start asking random girls out? I'm trying to get some practice in so I can catch up with "normal" guys my age.

Mr. Cardio

Banned
Reaction score
if time was the answer, we dont need wisdom. If everything will get better in "time," why study now? Wisdom is time right now, waiting on "time" is time tomorrow, seek wisdom and you will find your answers now. And nervousness may exist, but if you did your homework its not the nervousness of fear that says, I am not sure I can do this, but its the nervousness of that adrenlin flowing that says, I am ready to do this.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what you do to get over the nervousness:

make conversation with strangers, any strangers, even guys, at first. With time, it becomes easier. I had an interview the other day, and another guy came in who I had never seen before and decided to practice and we had about a 15 minute conversation. It really helps you out. You'll still be a little nervous at first when talking to girls, but you'll get over that with time, too, as long as you keep approaching and NEVER QUIT.
I've actually done this, and when I don't have an agenda I'm not nervous at all. I got really nervous about talking to this chick because my intention was to ask her out. You're probably right though, I just need to keep doing it with any stranger. Time just isn't on my side.

btw, I appreciate all the replies.

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have an agenda I'm not nervous at all
Never, ever have an agenda. The bottom line is you are "The Man" and you know it. You're talking to them, measuring them up to see if they are worth you asking for their number.

If you have an agenda, you will be nervous every single time, that's human nature. If you don't have an agenday, then you don't care one way or the other.

Now, I've been getting a little nervous lately as I'm about to attempt a close, but it's getting easier.

Cardio, in time means in time with practice. Any person would have actually understood that. But thanks for your input in my replies to this guy actually trying to help him out, admitting that I'm not that experienced, but getting better.

So you should get a life instead of being negative with everything you have to say.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice "The Nice Guy is Gone".

Damn though, this almost makes me want to give in and **** this fat chick who's been after me. God I hope it doesn't come to that........

manila_boy

Reaction score
heyya guys,

im a rAFC, i can get #close or email add in any places like bus, train, bus stop and etc. the problem is im running out of material while in phone talking to hb. I've been like since I broke up w/ my ex. im not really looking for a gf, just need to get back my player persona. any help