My date just disappeared--but with a twist

julym

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, we went out on a date for the first time about 10 days ago. We "met" on myspace.com After our date I never heard from her again. I actually had a good feeling about the date because she talked a lot and the conversation flowed smoothly and for quite a while. There were eye contacts and all that. Now, that she doesn't write back to me by itself may not be strange--she might dislike me or just wasn't interested.

However, when I go on myspace, I noticed that she hasn't logged on for over a week now (whereas before the date she logged on once every day or two). She has lots of friends there and I suppose she wouldn't want to disappear just to avoid me. But even if that is the case, there hasn't been a single friend's note left on her site one day after our date (whereas before our date her friends left messages on her site everyday). She might not want to write to me (likely) or even log onto myspace (unlikely but possible), but no note has been left on her site for so long even though so many were left on her site before? What is going on here?

Maybe she really is busy or going away for a little while? Should I attempt to contact her at all given this strange situation?

arglebargle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet you have the fantasy that she was in a car wreck or some accident, then you'll rush to the hospital to see her. When she sees you she'll break down crying, hug and kiss you, and tell you she loves you. Right?

Forget about her, she'll contact you if she's interested.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love how people on here say everything was going smooth because conversation was flowing. Was there any sexual tension or sexual connection? I'm assuming you didn't even try to kiss her...

julym

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you kiss the girl on the first *lunch* date? Not all girls work the same, alright? Sometimes being too forward backfires (maybe some really "suave" people don't care if it backfires--they just shrug it off and move to the next girl that they see, but it just shows that they don't care much about the girl they tried to kiss in the first place--they just want to "get some" from "someone". It's rather shallow and dare I say, de-humanizing, IMHO).

Krang!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah man - if she really is busy or gone away she would have told you or dropped you a line or something. Seeing that she hasn't taken 5 minutes to invest in you after your date I say forget her. Get a new date pronto and stop twisting and turning this one in your head!

Also, my personal opinion and experience is don't go for lunch on first dates! It's much harder to establish any sexual tension and it's easy to be LJBF'ed.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The twist is that she blocked you on myspace.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
if u have her #, dont rely on her to log onto myspace....CALL HER (by the way, u ****ed up by not sexualizing the date at all)

MR.ALPHA

Reaction score
Girls you meet at MySpace are just as flakey as any girl you meet at a typical dating site. The chances of anything going beyond a ONS or a couple of casual dates are quite low. Most girls I have met there are not relationship material and go out because they are either bored and have nothing else to do or are looking for some instant sexual gratification.

I could be wrong, but my sense is that she just did not find you interesting/attractive enough to consider a second date. No offense, but it happens to the best of us. If she is interested, she will contact you sooner or later.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she blocked him on myspace, wouldn't it let him know? I don't really know, I'm just asking.

In any case, its not your concern whether she blocked you, got abducted by aliens, or fled to Israel to help them in their war, if she's interested she'll contact you, but its good to hear you had conversation flowing and you felt comfortable.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Post a link here to her page. I'll send her a friend request and if she replies I'll let you know the status.

Eccentric

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So that was thump the other night while driving.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember answering you're previous question about this girl. Did you ever try calling her?

But anyway, It don't looks as if she's interested, think about it. If the girl really liked you, you would have been on her mind too she probably would have tried to get in touch with you by now. I do notice girls tend to be AFC's too when they REALLY like a guy, they call wondering where you're at if you didn't call yet, they get nervous too. So I'd say take this as a learning experience and get out there and look for more women.