my 1st succesful cold approach

dice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tonight i went to blockbuster and rented a movie, i asked the HB 7 that worked there when do u close she said 11 and then smiled and said good night in a flirtish kinda way after i left i decided what the hell im gonna go back. I walked back in and said "hey i was just in here and i think ur really pretty could i get ur phone #". She smiled and said "if u insist" and wrote down her name and #. I said ill call u sometime and left. Not the greatest cold approach ever but im proud of myself for suckin it up and going back for the # even after i had left. Think i have a chance?

Jon341427

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dice
tonight i went to blockbuster and rented a movie, i asked the HB 7 that worked there when do u close she said 11 and then smiled and said good night in a flirtish kinda way after i left i decided what the hell im gonna go back. I walked back in and said "hey i was just in here and i think ur really pretty could i get ur phone #". She smiled and said "if u insist" and wrote down her name and #. I said ill call u sometime and left. Not the greatest cold approach ever but im proud of myself for suckin it up and going back for the # even after i had left. Think i have a chance?
good ****, and of course you have a chance. you ALWAYS have a chance, it just depends on how well you play your cards.

doesnt it feel good to just grab your balls and do what you wanted to??

ps. on another note tomorrow at 9pm on spike tv = UFC, i cant wait!

dice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its tru what they say, regret is truely worse then rejection

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grats! You've joined the 1% of the people on this site who've even so much as attempted a cold approach.

Awesome!

Spirit Fingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man,

Congrats on the approach. As another poster in this thread said, just by doing an approach you're ahead of most of the people on this site. Here's some feedback to fine-tune your approach, for even more success:

1. It's fine to open with telling a girl that she is pretty, but you shouldn't compliment on looks when you close a girl. By that time you should have gotten to know her, so you can qualify her on something deeper.

2. If you want to #close, do it RIGHT THEN. This shows high value because you're not hesitating. If you leave and come back, it shows that you had to think about it and work the courage up. In this case it didn't matter because you were probably doing other intangible things right (body language, voice tone, etc), but it's good to keep in mind for the future.

3. Try to establish some kind of connection before you close her. This doesn't have to be very long -- can even be as short as a minute -- but it will dramatically increase the chances of her picking up her phone.

4. You definitely have a chance with this girl. Call her, and if she doesn't pick up, call her once a day for the next three days or so. If it turns out to be a flake, don't worry about it. Either way, you did a good job with the approach and you're improving your game.

-Dan

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling once for the next three days

Spirit Fingers said call once for the next 3 days. Should you leave a message each time you call? Just wondering.
Thanks.

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no. never leave messages. only talk to her when she picks up the phone.

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Calling once for the next three days

Originally posted by crossboss
Spirit Fingers said call once for the next 3 days. Should you leave a message each time you call? Just wondering.
Thanks.
depends on how confident you are on what will work

for me I just call and if they dont answer on 1st call then I wait a few days then call back. If they don't answer that one then I leave a message. On the message I try ot make it seem like I am very busy and having a lot of fun and that she should call me back.