Movies got canceled via text..

Van_The_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, as the title suggests I just got a text saying the following:

Hey i know this is last minute but i have 2 cover someones shift so i am not going to go. I will so make it up to you k just name it k sorry

That's exactly how she typed it out, not too good on the english if you couldn't tell. But yeah, we made plans yesterday for today and I got this, 2 hours before I was going to pick her up. So how should I proceed? How would you guys proceed? I have not texted her back yet.

brekke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd ignore it, and not reply to her. Then go to the movies with a friend or another girl.

Van_The_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Reply: "You can make it up by having sex with me."

I appreciate the response...though I'm sure that kind of a text would scare her away from me, lol.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all give a simple reply back so she knows you're not bothered either way. Let her indirectly know you have a life besides her.

She might have been telling the truth. Its up to her now to prove herself to you. It's no big deal just go with the flow. Give her the benefit of the doubt but its her last chance. Don't let her mess you around.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have come to know that most times when girls are dishonest about cancelling plans with you. They text you instead of calling you to tell you so. If you were important to her she wouldn't have picked up those hours when she already made plans with you.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
First of all give a simple reply back so she knows you're not bothered either way. Let her indirectly know you have a life besides her.

She might have been telling the truth. Its up to her now to prove herself to you. It's no big deal just go with the flow. Give her the benefit of the doubt but its her last chance. Don't let her mess you around.
I agree, you must show you're unaffected by it. Text her back something like "thats ok, I have some things to take care of anyways so its cool" and dont mention anything about a next meeting. then try again in a few days.

DonJuan_DeRosco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reply: Oh that's a shame. Give me a call when your busier.

Then ignore and spin more plates.

;)

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jafyk said:
I have come to know that most times when girls are dishonest about cancelling plans with you. They text you instead of calling you to tell you so. If you were important to her she wouldn't have picked up those hours when she already made plans with you.
stop assumings things, just becuase she texted him & didn't call doesn't mean a thing. Some people (esp young people) actually prefer texting to calling.

To the OP, just say something like 'ok cool, you can make it up to me some other time' but whatever you do just play it cool. Don't show any frustration or anything like that.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When women cancel like that, they are either genuinely double booked, or they are taking the first backstep in disconnecting from you.
The Two Strikes Rule allows her two cancellations, so if I were you I would just reply," No worries." and then wait for her to contact you again with a decent counter offer.
If she does not make a convincing attempt to make it up OR she cancels a second time, then you know what you have to do .

Van_The_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for all the helpful insight, I've played it cool and told her to call me tonight, she was making suggestions to go another day so that looks like a good sign. Overall this is a girl I've actually known for going on 2 years now, though just recently got back to talking with her.