mother in law issues

Don Juan
Reaction score
My mother in law doesn't talk to me except to say hi/bye. We have never had a decent conversation, yet she feels like she knows me like the back of her hand. When im not there she tells my girlfriend how im a bad guy and i only want to take advantage of her (even though we screwed months ago). She thinks i simply don't give a ****. She doesn't like me to say the least, even though she doesn't show it in person. Normally i wouldn't give a fvck, but this situation is a little different because my GF lives with her mother.

Im going to pay a visit this friday to see what's up. ANy thoughts?

TONYMONTANA523

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me dont get into it with her mother. Then that will give her an excuse for her to even talk more crap about you. Win her with kindness and manners.

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Touch her inappropriately.

Well, if only by accident, and only if she's worth touching.

No experience with marriage.... so I'd simply say to demonstrate that you care a lot about your wife? Around the Outlaws, be an AFC lol.

I don't know, I don't think I should have posted at all. I just like seeing... my... voice.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me guess you dress like a thug, and speak ebonics.

Listen, all you need to do is dress professionally, and speak with a decent vocab. Make her mother think you are a business man who will acheive many things.

which, you probably wont, but thats ok. Fake it if you dont make it!

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ you are an idiot. You are making WAY too many assumptions. You don't know how i dress or talk and that im a bussiness major. So i WILL acheive big things and i don't have to fake it.

Don Juan
Reaction score
no. But people i grew up with consider the G/Fs mother the MIL regardless of marrige plans.

DarkTrick

Don Juan
Reaction score
If her opinion is that important to you, then my suggestions follow:

Be a mature man around her, meaning be a gentleman in all respects.

Dress appropriately, even a bit over what's necessary.

Certainly dont curse at all, and dial back on the slang. Speak like your at a job interview - think about what you say before you say it. And speak quietly, never raise your voice for any reason.

Watch your behaviour, even the trifles, towards your GF (as this is what is probably generating the MIL's opinion). Respectful and reserved, all things (esp yourself) under control.

No inappropriate touching of the GF, or verbal cues. MIL's internally wince at this sht.

That said, dont overdue it. The MIL's built in bullsht detector that all women come with as standard equipment will red-line if it seems like this is all for show. Also, consider if the above is a huge departure from your normal behaviour, that in itself will generate suspicion.

Or, just be yourself and let the cards fall where they may. Guess it depends on your personal sense of self, how important the MIL's opinion really is to you, and how much static the GF takes for it (which she'll ultimately reflect in your direction) when you're not present.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
future dj said:
how is she your MIL? are you and her even engaged?
She is not his mother in law. He is dreaming in technicolor

He is putting this women that he just met on a pedastool and thinking already that she is going to be his MIL.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you realize if the mother sucks the daughter will most likely end up sucking too?

don't turn that into a joke.

Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
She is not his mother in law. He is dreaming in technicolor

He is putting this women that he just met on a pedastool and thinking already that she is going to be his MIL.
I guess you don't know how to read. MIL doesn't mean marriage, even my GF calls her my MIL and we are not engage. I guess it's a spanish thing.