More LTR Q's

DJZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, this LTR stuff can be really awesome, and really stressful at the same time. I've been in a serious relationship with this chick for almost 2 months now. It has been really great, and I enjoy every second we get to spend together. This is my 2nd LTR, btw.

One thing that I think that is important in an LTR is control. I don't mean controlling the other persons actions, I mean who is the one in control of the relationship. I think that is is good to share control, but I think the man needs to have more control, although the p-tang usually has it's own way of controlling things.

Sometimes, in fact, a good portion of the time, I don't feel like I have any control over whats going on in the relationship. I am a very go-with-the-flow type person. I usually just have fun with my friends, and I don't make demands about where we have to go or what we have to do, as long as everyone in the group is having fun. Now, with that being said, my g/f is the opposite. She likes to be the center of attention, and she is the one in her group of friends who plans everything, and sorta leads them.

So anyway, she cooked me dinner last night complete with candles and music. She told me that I'm the first guy she has ever cooked for. She said in her past relationships, she told the guy he could make it himself. She always makes me sandwhichs and stuff like that. I thought that was nice of her, and I think it says a lot about our relationship. She tells me I can go hang out with my friends whenever I want, and even said she wouldn't get mad if I went to a strip club, haha. The funny thing is, everytime we are apart, all I can think about is her. Somehow I feel like I need to mask these feelings, b/c I don't want her to know, for fear that she will lose interest with me not being a challenge anymore. I know I was a challege at first, b/c I didn't call her often, and sometimes she would txt msg me and I wouldn't reply.

I guess I am just asking for any type of LTR advice you guys can give me. I've found a really good girl that I'm extremely physically and mentally attracted to, and I don't want to lose her. My attraction towards her makes me want to do everything for her, ya know. I mean, like...I just want to do anything I can for her, but I know that would not work out, b/c smothering someone is not good. I guess I just want to find that middle ground where I can do the nice things I want to for her, and at the same time, keep her IL up.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got serious one-itis for this chick of yours. Now don't get me wrong. Having feelings for a girl is NOT a bad thing. In fact, without them, the relationships would get real boring real fast. But mind the fact that you must not let these feelings control your decisions or actions. When a person is in love, he may consciously defy normal logic, and instead do something that is completely irrational. What you need is something that would get your mind off of her. Hobbies/Passions can do the trick. Find new (fresh) people to interact with. Remember, there will be women after this one is gone.

Funny, listening to Marilyn Manson alleviates whatever one-itis feelings I sometimes get.

DJZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
well tonight she hung out with her friend, but was not supposed to go out. She asked me to call her later, but I didn't. She called me around 10:30 to let me know she went to a bar with her friend, and said she was letting me know, b/c she told me (origionally) she wasn't going out, and didn't want me to get mad . She asked me to call her later, but I didn't. She called me again around 12:30 to let me know that she was about to go home. The conversation ended with me telling her to have a good time and she said the same, and for me to call her tomorrow. That was that. I am now drunk and have had to backspace about 100 times while trying to write this post. :)

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its obious the girl is crazy about you, i think your overeacting about lots of things. like ohh what is she going to think if i do this or that, or if i call her too much or give her attention. nobody can give you answer on that question, just do it i dont think she will like you less, if you give her attention and show her that you care about the girl. just be yourself and follow your heart.

Peace !!