MOre attractive you are..less gilrs approach?

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We often assume that hot girls get hit on all the time. And, most likely they do.
However, there are some girls that are hot that no one really talks to.

Does this happen with guys?

If a girl were to approach, and they often do, but in subtler ways then men, do you think she will approach a guy she things is really hot?

I've noticed at bars/parties/etc., that often the guys most would assume would have girls talkin to them dont. And we have all seen the guy with the girl and we are like, how the hell does that happen?

Do you think, like guys assume girls are always getting hit on, that a good looking guy is always being hit on?

I guess the question is, girls may be really attracted to you but either really shy to talk, or really nervous....However, youd also think that if a girl really dug you, she'd find a way to talk to you, or put you in a position to make a move. What do you all think?

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read the same thing about women, that the attractive girls get hit on less than the not so attractive ones. Maybe it's because we/they don't think they're "good enough"? Dunno. :confused:

Master Homer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that a pile of bullsh!t? From my experience, it's always the hot girls that get hit on. Even a AFC with half a ball hits on them.

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that a pile of bullsh!t? From my experience, it's always the hot girls that get hit on. Even a AFC with half a ball hits on them.
It could be, but I've read about this stuff before. I've even heard some real life girls I know complain about this. *shrug*

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it really matter? It's the mans job to approach. Girls don't really approach, but they do on rare occasions.

masteralios

Don Juan
Reaction score
reason is

the reason is

the attractive men don't really approach often and lack confidence
but the not so attractive man is really confident and will approach HB after HB.

the girls will really like the confidence and go for him

its all happened to us. ur walking with a friend who is uglier than u, and u come across a girl, u start talking to her and she starts to flirt with him more than u even ur better looking than him.

its cause ur lack confidence and ur 2 shy

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF, hot chicks get hit on ALL the time!!!!!!! Dont give me that crap. As for guys, if the girl likes him, she will make eye contact. If the guy doesnt approach, sometimes she will send a friend over to tell you she likes you. It happens to me ALL the time (too bad most of the time the chick aint that good :(.)

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DEFINATELY!

Im good looking and never been approached ONCE in my life, and i go out alot and associate with alot of different age groups, girls are more confident when talking to ugly guys...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vigilante7
DEFINATELY!

Im good looking and never been approached ONCE in my life, and i go out alot and associate with alot of different age groups, girls are more confident when talking to ugly guys...
same with me

vice versa - guys are more confident talking to ugly girls than hot ones, cause they are less intimidated.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe you guys arent as good looking as you think. Because I am not ugly, and I get approached quiet often.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally don't go out to clubs and bars much to pick up women because I'm not looking for the type of girl that frequents those places at the moment. However, my experience is that it takes quite an outgoing girl to approach you, and in bars, it is more likely to happen than anywhere else since there is alcohol involved and we all know it's liquid courage for most (for me, it sort of kills my game, so I stay off it when I'm trying for women; I'm much better without it than with it).

Anyways, my friends recently posted a picture of me on some websites (like Friendster and stuff like that), and I've been getting girls contacting me that are pretty hot. I have talked to some of them on the internet over a webcam, so I know it's them and not some 50 year old man or some crap like that. I've also had some ask me for my number and they'd call me (no more than 10 minute convos though, since I hate chatting on the phone). The internet is actually a pretty revolutionary tool for dating/meeting new people, and it's sort of the modern method in some aspects. I didn't want to accept that before, and I'm the most skeptical person out there (I even refused to carry a cell phone until recently because I didn't like being put on a leash, but people started to get irritated at me) but now I'm becoming a little less of a skeptic for the above reasons.

Might want to give it a shot for those guys out there who have trouble approaching who think they're good looking. Believe me, if you're good looking, chances are you'll get hit up, since most of these sites based on what I've seen are mostly pictures and a few blurbs about you, and that's it. This is coming from a guy who thought internet dating, etc. was b.s.

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
regional differences

I'm wondering if the main factor is not so much how good you look, but what part of the country you live in (although looks obviously make a big difference). When I lived in New York City (Manhattan), I found women to be quite bold in approaching me (and in making obvious eye contact) just about anywhere: subway, bars, on the street, of course at private parties, even on elevators. They sometimes had no inhibitions about approaching, or making direct eye contact, even on their way to see 'their man.' I found it to be quite refreshing. I don't even have to mention how direct the men were with the women, so I'm not even sure the DJ/AFC distinction even applied there, since people are so much more direct.

In Los Angeles, flirtatious eye contact is much less obvious, shorter, and happens less frequently, at least in my experience. I often have to 'catch' women trying to check me out on the sly, making my job of noting 'approach invitations' that much more difficult. Also, LA women seem to want/need to meet you in a 'safe' place: their work place, school, or something like that, rather than in public (on the street).

Any fellow travellers note regional differences as well?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point.

Originally posted by allan976
I'm wondering if the main factor is not so much how good you look, but what part of the country you live in (although looks obviously make a big difference). When I lived in New York City (Manhattan), I found women to be quite bold in approaching me (and in making obvious eye contact) just about anywhere: subway, bars, on the street, of course at private parties, even on elevators. They sometimes had no inhibitions about approaching, or making direct eye contact, even on their way to see 'their man.' I found it to be quite refreshing. I don't even have to mention how direct the men were with the women, so I'm not even sure the DJ/AFC distinction even applied there, since people are so much more direct.

In Los Angeles, flirtatious eye contact is much less obvious, shorter, and happens less frequently, at least in my experience. I often have to 'catch' women trying to check me out on the sly, making my job of noting 'approach invitations' that much more difficult. Also, LA women seem to want/need to meet you in a 'safe' place: their work place, school, or something like that, rather than in public (on the street).

Any fellow travellers note regional differences as well?

Allan, I would like to have a detailed conversation with you on this matter, as I have spent time in both cities too (though I have more extensive experience with L.A.). Why don't you send me a PM, buddy? I'll offer my perspective on this. Cheers. ;)

j_kat_251

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Good point.

Originally posted by jakethasnake
Allan, I would like to have a detailed conversation with you on this matter, as I have spent time in both cities too (though I have more extensive experience with L.A.). Why don't you send me a PM, buddy? I'll offer my perspective on this. Cheers. ;)
Because we sure wouldn't want anyone else to learn from our experiences. That's what this board is all about! Hoarding the knowledge for the elite. Of course.

balengar

Don Juan
Reaction score
its ups and downs.

most chicks just stare and stare and STARE at me.

in bars, i am approached often, and stared at ALL THE TIME.

"My friend thinks you are hot" is very common since i am from the south (south and west coast chicks are more reserved.....east coast chix anything goes).

A couple ballsy chicks have walked straight up to me, grabbed my arm, and told me that I am one of the hottest guys she has ever seen. This is very infrequent though.

Most reserved chicks will just set up the opportunity for you to talk to them more and more.
Example: Gym yesterday....this HOT black chick (you have to realize i dont have jungle fever, so for me to say she was hot means like tyra banks hot). shes working out, notices me, doesnt stare. grabs some weights and uses the bench right in front of me. after a while, turns around and asks if she is in my way (of the mirror). I say no, you are ok (she CLEARLY was not in my way). I finish my workout, and she passes once or twice for random reasons. Then i hit the treadmill, she goes to the one at the far end. After a couple minutes of fooling with it, she walks ALL THE WAY over to the one next to mine (basically skips 10 treadmills in between to jump on the one next to mine). Starts fooling with her hair, and her TIGHT cutoff shorts. Then i start up the convo (basically I waited for her to show interest before opening).

It all depends.

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, i'm ****ing gorgeous, and no girls aproach me.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The question is, why are you waiting for the GIRLS to approach YOU?

I consider myself fairly good-looking, and I get approached by girls a LOT some nights, and not at ALL other nights.

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
share and share alike

Jake, I'm with j_kat on this one; let's keep the convo going within the forum. Let's face it, LA is a notoriously difficult battle ground, especially for aspiring DJ's, so the more information we share, the better off we all are. The HB's here in socal tend to have their game face on and/or their shields up at ALL TIMES when out and about in public, so let's help our brothers out.

How do you feel about starting a whole new thread just for, or at least primarily for LA DJ's? There are so many different neighborhoods, so many different cliques, nationalities, that a new thread might prove quite valuable for those of us who work and play in the southland.

Allan

LostbutFound

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been told by a lot of girls I end up talking to that girls are very intimidated to go up to good looking guys....Its strange, but when I dont go up to girls, but somehow end up talking to them, I always hear "why didnt you come and talk to me earlier??" and I laugh because I say, I didnt think you would...and I ask, if you wanted to talk to me so bad, why didnt you make a move?? and everytime, the response is.."I didnt think you would talk to me, I dont want to get shut down."

point to take home, girls are a lot more afraid of being rejected than guys are....as bad as guys are scared, girls are terrified...

Right now Im talking to 4 girls, one of them im gettin serious with, she said she was pissed I didnt say nothing to her at the club when my friend went up to her instead of me....the other 3, all the same excuse...I was scared you wouldnt talk to me...

dont be soo scared, chances are they think you werent gonna talk to them anyway

ali_g

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been told by a lot of girls I end up talking to that girls are very intimidated to go up to good looking guys....Its strange, but when I dont go up to girls, but somehow end up talking to them, I always hear "why didnt you come and talk to me earlier??" and I laugh because I say, I didnt think you would...and I ask, if you wanted to talk to me so bad, why didnt you make a move?? and everytime, the response is.."I didnt think you would talk to me, I dont want to get shut down."
Quite right. I wondered this for ages, and it makes a lot of sense to me now.