MLK Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morgan Freedman said it best which can also be applied to MLK day.

In the December 18, 2005 episode of 60 Minutes, Morgan Freeman criticized Black History Month. "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history." Freeman believes that racism will persist as long as individuals continue to identify themselves by their race.
I suggest those who live in America to view MLK as an American Holiday and not a Black holiday. Blacks who think this is their holiday are just as ignorants and contribute to the problem as Whites who think this is not their holiday. Its about trying to achieve peace and unity among all people even if it is not possible in this day and age.

K B

Don Juan
Reaction score
If Martin Luther King Jr. was so "great," why are his FBI records sealed until 2027? If he's such a hero..unlock the records and tell the American people what his complete record says. Why does the media usually avoid talking about his documented plagirism? Former director assistant of the FBI, William C. Sullivan called him "a tom cat with obessive degenarate sexual urges" and "he was enganging in sex with married women and prostitutes."

K_B your ignorance is horrible, and you obviously have no idea about how socilzation functions in the slightest. First of all if you think that in my lifetime that I haven't felt the sting of racisim you've got to be on dope.
PRMoon, if you think I haven't felt the sting of racism in MY lifetime YOU"VE got to be on dope. What, you think because I am WHITE that I don't receive racism from blacks? If you think that, you are only kidding YOURSELF. I posted this link because every time this "holiday" comes up, blacks "reflect" back on a different time when blacks weren't treated as equals and it gets them mad at whitey for what a FEW of them did YEARS ago. Since I am white, WHO do you think they get mad at?

Secondly if you think that after 40 years of things being "equal" that over 200 years of inequality can be fixed by "motivation" and there won't be any lingering effects from that time then you've got to be on dope.
Lingering effects? Sure there will be. But what do these "lingering effects" have to do with white people TODAY? How much longer do we have to hold your hand?

Thirdly though I have never had to worry about not being able to go where I want (with the exception of certian places in the south) My parents certainly did and they're very much alive.
Try being in a white man's skin and walking through "da hood" or Harlem, Compton, or whatever you want to call it and see what happens.

Forth if it were the case that people viewed one another as equal then insulting programs like affirmative action wouldn't exist.
I agree. Can you tell me WHY this "insulting" program still exists? Affirmative action discriminates against WHITE people, plain and simple. I have been the VICTIM of this "insulting" program myself. Why? Because of RACISM. Racism against WHITES.

Fifth Hurricane Katrina has nothing to do with people not being able to help themselves. It was one of the worst natural disasters in american history. If there were catostrophic earthquake in South Carolina and your house was swallowed up and you had no family to help you'd be asking for aid too so claiming that as a good example is simply laughable.
I don't hold asking for aid against them. Yes, I would ask for aid PRMoon, but I sure wouldn't SHOOT at people coming hundreds of miles away to HELP ME!

Blacks LOVE to put down whitey...until they NEED whitey. Then they cry that they only reason they suffered was because they were black. Yes, it WAS one of the worst natural diasters in history. It happened to both the black and the white community. The difference is how these two distinct groups responded to this crisis. After only TWO days, it was the BLACK community that looted, raped, MURDERED, that shot at the help that came in (mostly whites, of course), all the while blaming the WHITE MAN because they couldn't keep their own sh!t together themselves. I haven't heard a peep out of the predominately white community of Biloxi, that was hit by the same storm and suffered the same damage. And, because they kept their cool and acted like civilized human beings, they get ignored by the media. That is what this "holiday" is all about. Giving blacks undeserved attention while IGNORING the white community and their needs.

Also utilizing the words of a few does not make your narrowminded opinion true for the whole. Un real blacks make up less then 20% of the population to the cacasian 60% and you're pissed about one city?
I don't understand this part. You have horrible English skills.

I'm going to conclude this post, which I honestly know is a waste of my time becuase you're probably too narrow minded make sense of this anyway, with this. I'm half african american and every honestly If Dr. King would be ashamed to see what has happened to our people in these forty years. Not because of "the white man holding them down" but because young black people in america have forgotten the struggle that their parents went through to give them a better life. Rims, Escalades, BET, Professinal sports, drugs, there are too many communities that idolize these things which really insult and hold back the black community in america.
We finally agree on something, PRMoon.

This is really a by produced of that 250 years of persecution and slavery and it's sad to realize that this is this is how history has shaped us all.
You are making EXCUSES for your own BAD behavior, PRMoon. You need to take some RESPONSIBILTY and stop blaming another race for YOUR stupidity. Tell me, PRMoon...it's been 250 years, and blacks STILL can't get it together? I guess blacks will NEVER be equal to the white man.

My other half is native american, and that's really the half that I get pissed about. Some of my relatives get given lads of money from the government and it's really just a pay off for having our race wiped out. Any one who *****es or complains that that money could be better used somewhere else needs to STFU. Like money can replace eliminating hundreds of generations of humans then sticking them on a designated plot of land where they can have their own rules.
I agree with you. In my opinion, I don't feel that whites owe blacks ANYTHING. Whites freed blacks and allowed them to live among us. We treated the Native Americand horribly. If the white people owe anybody, we owe the Native Americans! Where is the Native American National Holiday? We need to REMOVE the MLK Day and replace it with a holiday to honor the Native Americans.

How bout you spend a few nights in Marcy Projects and see what black people have to contend with to better their lives before you open your mouth about black progression.
Do you think that only black people are poor and live in the projects? What, a white man can't be poor and struggle? It's funny how EVERY OTHER RACE in the U.S. can succeed in this country, but all you hear whining about racism are the BLACKS. A few nights in Marcy Projects? I think I, and just about every other white person already KNOWS what will happen. Because of our skin color, we would not walk out alive, and you just ACKNOWLEDGED to everyone reading this how blacks REALLY feel about white people.

This was too easy.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by K B
Try being in a white man's skin and walking through "da hood" or Harlem, Compton, or whatever you want to call it and see what happens.
Actually, lots of white people walk through Harlem and Compton each day and nothing happens.

I agree. Can you tell me WHY this "insulting" program still exists? Affirmative action discriminates against WHITE people, plain and simple. I have been the VICTIM of this "insulting" program myself. Why? Because of RACISM. Racism against WHITES.
In Washington State, whites made up over 75% of those eligible for affirmative action programs. That's part of the reason we dropped it here. My source is Lewis Kamb in the 1995 state-commissioned study "Who Benefits Most (From Affirmative Action", pages 307 and 308. Can you cite a source, or is your "first-hand account" conjecture going to be enough?

I don't hold asking for aid against them. Yes, I would ask for aid PRMoon, but I sure wouldn't SHOOT at people coming hundreds of miles away to HELP ME!

Blacks LOVE to put down whitey...until they NEED whitey. Then they cry that they only reason they suffered was because they were black. Yes, it WAS one of the worst natural diasters in history. It happened to both the black and the white community. The difference is how these two distinct groups responded to this crisis. After only TWO days, it was the BLACK community that looted, raped, MURDERED, that shot at the help that came in (mostly whites, of course), all the while blaming the WHITE MAN because they couldn't keep their own sh!t together themselves. I haven't heard a peep out of the predominately white community of Biloxi, that was hit by the same storm and suffered the same damage. And, because they kept their cool and acted like civilized human beings, they get ignored by the media. That is what this "holiday" is all about. Giving blacks undeserved attention while IGNORING the white community and their needs.
Those reports of shooting at helicopters are grossly exaggerated. There's also no evidence that it was black people doing the shooting.
http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/12801034.htm

You are making EXCUSES for your own BAD behavior, PRMoon. You need to take some RESPONSIBILTY and stop blaming another race for YOUR stupidity. Tell me, PRMoon...it's been 250 years, and blacks STILL can't get it together? I guess blacks will NEVER be equal to the white man.
You're completely correct... if you believe blacks and whites have the same opportunity structure in America. Self-delusion is not reason, however. I'd recommend Albert Black's The Other Holocaust. Al Black is a sociology and race relations professor at the University of Washington. He's a black conservative and mostly agrees with the internalist perspective on class and race mobility - that is, that internal characteristics determine what someone can do moreso than external. He agrees with you on that point, but cites much evidence to show there is a very skewed opportunity structure that aims to keep white males in positions of hegemony. He agrees with Orlando Patterson's view that change must come from within the black community BECAUSE the white community will never help blacks achieve equality.

I agree with you. In my opinion, I don't feel that whites owe blacks ANYTHING. Whites freed blacks and allowed them to live among us.
Holy sh¡t. We also enslaved them. But because we righted our wrong and "allowed" them to share our society, we should be lauded? Come on.

We treated the Native Americand horribly. If the white people owe anybody, we owe the Native Americans! Where is the Native American National Holiday? We need to REMOVE the MLK Day and replace it with a holiday to honor the Native Americans.
I don't see how that would solve anything. If you accept MLK's message of equality, you can celebrate Native Americans too. I never saw MLK Day as one only celebrating black people - that's what Black History Month is for (something I am completely against).

This was too easy.
Glad you thought so. Now prove something next time.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
Morgan Freedman said it best which can also be applied to MLK day.

I suggest those who live in America to view MLK as an American Holiday and not a Black holiday. Blacks who think this is their holiday are just as ignorants and contribute to the problem as Whites who think this is not their holiday. Its about trying to achieve peace and unity among all people even if it is not possible in this day and age.
Nice quote.

MLK was an inspiring guy who spearheaded a just movement.

The bottom line is that you should judge people by their words and actions. If you're not aware of either, you should consider them equals until you know better.

Racists and supremicists of various stripes are angry, stupid people. I've yet to meet an intelligent, happy bigot.

K B

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you would read up on your HISTORY, what the newspapers DON'T tell us is that in his later years, after living among white people, Malcolm X felt guilty for preaching hate against white people, inparticular a white girl that asked him back in the 1960's, how she could help his cause. He responded bitterly by giving her a pathetic look and saying, "nothing." He re-thought his entire message, and lived with REGRET for his past actions against white people!

Um... wow. There *is* a White Power movement, they wear white sheets, march around with masks on and then go home and fúck their sisters. They're probably recruiting in your county, too.
Oh really? Is this group even accepted by our media or does our leaders even pay attention to what they say? You are insiuating that if a legitamate white power movement were to come out, they would breed hatred. That was a racist comment, seanchai, pure and simple.

In Washington State, whites made up over 75% of those eligible for affirmative action programs. That's part of the reason we dropped it here. My source is Lewis Kamb, the author of the 1995 state-commissioned study "Who Benefits Most (From Affirmative Action", pages 307 and 308.
Interesting fact, seanchai. Note how if a program helps or benefits WHITE PEOPLE, it gets dropped.

No, racism doesn't exist against white people, does it?

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, what I wrote wasn't entirely true. Affirmative action was dropped in Washington State by Initiative 200 in 1998 by a majority of white voters who, like you, felt discriminated against. This study was commissioned to determine who benefited from affirmative action three years before the initiative. I would've voted to abolish it too based on who it was actually helping.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by K B
If you would read up on your HISTORY, what the newspapers DON'T tell us is that in his later years, after living among white people, Malcolm X felt guilty for preaching hate against white people, inparticular a white girl that asked him back in the 1960's, how she could help his cause. He responded bitterly by giving her a pathetic look and saying, "nothing." He re-thought his entire message, and lived with REGRET for his past actions against white people!

And thats why the Nation of Islam killed him...That and the fact he wanted to leave because Muhammed wasnt following the rules of Islam...

K B

Don Juan
Reaction score
No it's f*cking not. Do you feel guilty? Do I feel guilty? Does ANY white person you know feel guilty about it? No? Didn't think so.
None of us do, MetalFortress, because we know better. You want to know who DOES feel guilty? The little white children who have to sit and listen to how "great" this man was. They have to sit and hear about how their ancestors treated the blacks so terribly, and how evil their race was, and continues to be today. Our schools are BAIN-WASHING our black children to hate or resent the white man, and our white children to feel ashamed of their race and heritage.

THAT is why I have a problem with making this a National holiday.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, one thing is for sure.....

WHITE GIRLS LOVE BLACK DiICK!!!!!!!

:crackup:

:woo:

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, what's the point of the post? Are you angry that MLK gets a holiday or that you feel you're being discriminated against? First off, all the man did was point out that America wasn't living up to its word that all men were equal whether poor, black, white, etc. Every man was supposed to be protected under the Constitution no matter what, and really, that's all he wanted. No one wanted a hand out, just a chance to enjoy life like anyone else.
Secondly, I'm going to take a guess and say you probaly didn't have to work that day. If you did, fine; it was just any other day. If you didn't, or you got a day off from school, be happy you got a vacation. Point is if you profited in anyway from the day, quit whining.
Third, its bad to be discriminated against no matter what color you are and I think it's wrong period. I'd like to see the day when it stops totally, but it's here right now which makes the things MLK said important. He wished there would be time when every race could walk together. So instead saying how much you don't like the holiday itself, why not get behind the message? If you don't want to, that's your thing. There are blacks who really don't want to either.

K B

Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to debate, SAYNO.

Again, I bet Martin Luther King Jr. would be PROUD.

I hope all the white people in here can SEE what we have to deal with on an everyday basis. On every racial debate I have done in here, SAYNO comes back with something like this. Comments like these are what our little children have to deal with everyday from blacks. He can get away with comments like these, bacause he is black. We live in a politically-correct world where blacks can say what they want and whites are supposed to sit here and take it without saying a word. Blacks do not suffer consequences for their actions...not here or anywhere else, and that is why they say things as inappropriate as this.

Had I said something like this, I would have been BANNED from this site. Just like in our world today. Blacks don't deserve a National Holiday when they USE this man as a way to try and make the white population feel guilt.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our modearators on this site for their OUTSTANDING job! They are certainly doing their part in making sure a black member can say whatever he wants against white members that has nothing to do with the debate at hand without fear of being banned. Polically-correct "diversity" at its FINEST!

Last edited:

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but nobody has ever been banned from a how-to-get-girls website for saying girls like d¡ck. I am well-known for being a white man, so I'm gonna test it out right now:

WHITE GIRLS LOVE BLACK D¡CK!!!!!!!!

Mods?

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soupar
the whole Rosa parks thing is bull****, she just sat on a bus and wouldnt leave and she's being celebrated decades later.
there are some ignorant ass people in this world............:rolleyes:

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, maybe the honorable racist from South Carolina disagrees with sociological data, but it's hard to argue with automatic preference data from psychology. Using an implicit attitude/association test, (https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/) psychologists have been able to demonstrate that a huge majority of people of every race show a strong automatic preference for white Americans. Anti-black pro-white racism is so much a part of our culture that it is engrained in our implicit cognitions.

Citations: Dasgupta, Nilanjana; McGhee, Debbie E; Greenwald, Anthony G; Banaji, Mahzarin R. Automatic preference for White Americans: Eliminating the familiarity explanation. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology. Vol 36(3) May 2000, 316-328.

Greenwald, Anthony G; McGhee, Debbie E; Schwartz, Jordan L. K. Measuring individual differences in implicit cognition: The implicit association test. [References]. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Vol 74(6) Jun 1998, 1464-1480.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, priming your subconscious with thoughts of admired black leaders like Martin Luther King, Jr has been shown by Dasgupta and Greenwald (2001) to reduce implicit prejudice against black Americans. So having a national holiday celebrating a man like Dr King makes sense for social, political, AND psychological reasons.

Dasgupta, Nilanjana; Greenwald, Anthony G. On the malleability of automatic attitudes: Combating automatic prejudice with images of admired and disliked individuals. [References]. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Vol 81(5) Nov 2001, 800-814.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alicorn
Did you click the link?
I think that's kinda funny. Like to see someone actually wearing that shirt though. That would be worth watching! :p

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GodsGiftToWomen
Mayor Nagin of New Orleans: Racist?

On MLK Day he said:

"It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans - the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans. This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way."

When confronted by skeptical news reports the Mayor said:

http://naginchocolatemilk.ytmnd.com/

............LMAO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JC
He just wants to create a mocha latte, caramel cream, YooHoo flavored, Ovaltine colored, Oreo twist world.....

Hey, it could happen.... :p

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by K B
PRMoon, if you think I haven't felt the sting of racism in MY lifetime YOU"VE got to be on dope. What, you think because I am WHITE that I don't receive racism from blacks? If you think that, you are only kidding YOURSELF. I posted this link because every time this "holiday" comes up, blacks "reflect" back on a different time when blacks weren't treated as equals and it gets them mad at whitey for what a FEW of them did YEARS ago. Since I am white, WHO do you think they get mad at?

I'm not saying you haven't infct i'd be shocked if you didn't. But can you really blame the african american community for being angry? 40 years is not a long time ago and many of the people who lived in the "seperate but equal" days are still alive. Don't your parents talk about their child hood to you? Are there certain things your parents were brought up to be wary of? For hundreds of years my parents and grandparents grew up to be very wary of white people and its not something they can just get over because those same people now say it's okay. It's engrained in their minds as it was pass down for generations. I'm beyond that now because I've recived descrimination from EVERYONE as in blacks, whites, natives, ...I'm one of those people who doesn't exactly fit in anywhere because of my mixed herritage. Still I see and understand the point of view from everyone and really what it breaks down to is it's easier for us all to hate then it is to accept WE ALL COULD USE SOME HELP IN THAT DEPARTMENT.

Lingering effects? Sure there will be. But what do these "lingering effects" have to do with white people TODAY? How much longer do we have to hold your hand?

Well concidering african americans did not have access to finacial schooling or progresson for 200 years as american society developed, then just recently they're told "Okay now things are equal"...that's 200 years of schooling and knowledge that they didn't recieve. How d you make up for that? Beat me, but I also know that after slavery the black community, jewish, native americans, and several other races were made to live in "ghettos" (which by definition means area set aside for a select group of people) and were second class citizens. Many of the other races (jewish, muslim, hindu, asians) came from well developed societies before the were admonished here in america. Unlike these races african americans came from an underdeveloped society so the many of the more complex matters (Organizational theories, finaces, societal construct) could not be translated in american society because it was never known.

Try being ANYONE of any ethnicity walking through those areas. It's not a good idea but again those people were raised by mostly poor uneducated people who never had a shot at bettering their lives. Sure there were "opporunities" if that's what you want to call them but in places like that it's really majority rule. Gang bangers and drug dealers have created a horrible societal loop that's far more difficult to escape...other then in a box. Trailer parks are like this for whites but they lack the level of violence and sheer concentration of people.

Affirmative action was created becuase there was proven statistical evidence that people of color were intentially passed over for "equal employment" positions regularly. Why this was happening? God only knows. but the numbers don't lie.

I don't understand this part. You have horrible English skills.

I think I was commenting on the distribution of whites to blacks in america...i'm not even sure what my point was there...I was kind of angry.

I already commented on it being a 250 year head start. If you want to, take a look anyhere about the kinds of school systems that most urban african americans even have offered to them. That should clear up why exactly the obsticles for them to get around aren't exactly on par with those given to white communities.

Do you think that only black people are poor and live in the projects? What, a white man can't be poor and struggle? It's funny how EVERY OTHER RACE in the U.S. can succeed in this country, but all you hear whining about racism are the BLACKS. A few nights in Marcy Projects? I think I, and just about every other white person already KNOWS what will happen. Because of our skin color, we would not walk out alive, and you just ACKNOWLEDGED to everyone reading this how blacks REALLY feel about white people.

I already adressed all the points in this section.

This was too easy.

Yeah unfotunately this matter is far more complex then you're giving it credit for. Do I think black history month the way it's? No not really, infact if there should be more of EVERY race should be in our regular history books. I do think it'd be hard to portray the history of blacks in this country without some form of anger and resentment from those people. If you spent some time on my familys reservation land, and read their history books, you'd be pretty depressed but for some reason people seem to gloss over incidents like "the trail of tears" without giving it much thought. Fotunately many of my native relatives are able to get over it because at this point they have to worry about the survival of their race as opposed to who did what to who. Really I'd give it another few hundred years or so for the resentment to go away. We look back on incidents like the crusades and the 1400 americas these days and many of us feel nothing. Concidering we're only talking about 4 decades of equality at this point, 180-200 years and the tension should die down. History repeats itself and usually after a few generations or so people get over things

Think of it as a slow healing wound. Before things can mesh together and function correctly some time has to pass. Be patient it'll happen.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mods, come on, you don't allow politics, but you allow all this KKK SHlT to stay? Come on guys....

trans_am17

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few days befor MLK jr day I was at the bank and the teller told this one lady(happened to be black) that the bank would be closed on MLK jr day-the lady asked why- and the teller laughted at her and told her cuz of MLK jr day.

Status
Not open for further replies.