Mixed signals?

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 26 and met a 23 year old girl 2 months ago at a networking event. I went to the bar to order a drink and she immediatly asked me what I wanted. She bought me a drink and we spoke for 45 min or so (my friends say she was flirty with me which I agree with). She gave me her business card almost immediately. When I left she gave me a flirty goodbye smile.

I was just getting out of a relationship at the time, so I gave it a month to call her and ask her to meet up

* 4 weeks ago - Met up for a drink, basic conversation
* 3 weeks ago - Met up for drinks. She kept buying me drinks, got me drunk and when I asked her what bar we were going to next she replied "Her place for a movie." I mentioned briefly that I liked road trips and right away she responded with "We will have to take some together." We went to rent a movie, but she bought me the one I said I'd like to see. That night she initiated cuddling/kiss on the cheek etc...(My stupid drunk self didn't push for anything. yea I'm dumb)
* 2 weeks ago - Met up at her place for a movie. Nothing but a hug (After the hug, I took a step back, she stayed close)
* 1 week ago - Met up at her place for a movie. I brought her food/wine etc... She seemed impressed. Said she liked me more and more everytime we hung out (could have just been a friend comment?) Nothing physical. Kept offering to share more of the blanket. I gave her a kiss on the forehead when I left.
* The next day I sent her a txt telling her I had a fun time with her and hoped we could do it again soon. She never responded back.

This week she's been REALLY busy with work/car troubles so I've txt'd her a few times (which she promptly responded to), but she was too busy to meet up (she worked a 16hr day) The last week or 2 she has been running around like crazy and has been very stressed.

I understand I need to make SOME move physically and I've made every mistake in that respect, which I plan to do next time I see her. However, my main problem is that I am ALWAYS the one to initiate contact/ask to hang out. She always promptly returns my txts/answers the phone when I call and is always willing to hang out (except when she has family/work issues which have only happened once)

Should I be overly concerned that she never initiates the contact and I feel like I am doing much of the chasing?

I've had 3 serious gfs and have even been engaged, but this dating thing is fairly new to me.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be several things.
1. Interest level dropping especially because you haven't made a move. You are no longer her priority.

2. She is really busy. (right).

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. I am totally kicking myself for making EVERY wrong move, and know how to handle it in the future.

Any advice on how to handle this current situation?

true romance

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm Afraid DonS has the answer.

You can try last attemp to invite her to your place to watch a "movie"
Once she is in the door, grab and make out.. Bang...Too much talk and dates. no actions from your part. Bring your BALLS

If she likes she let you do all that, if not she will call the cops.

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, I wish I had grown balls a few weeks ago. I think I will try the last ditch effort thing. Ill see about getting together this sat/sun and in the 1st 5-10 min Ill try to make my move and see where things go from there.

Atleast I can say I tried and not have to be worried about being "friendzoned" anymore.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. You should have gotten physical as soon as possible and I aint talking about hugging and kissing.

2. Alcohol works best when used at a minimum (Trust me on this one).

(My stupid drunk self didn't push for anything. yea I'm dumb)
Good job for not pushing it further right here, this is where most drunk guys can't seem to understand the meaning of "NO" then slapped with case.

Man just do YOU, don't worry about her.

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Throwing out the fact that I am totally moronic for not doing things earlier, can any DJ give me some advice on this aspect?

I spoke to her briefly on the phone sat. She said she was beat from work all week, but she'd call me back later about getting together that night. She didn't get back to me until sun night when she txt'd me saying "Sorry I never got back to you last night. Some friends from out of town dragged me out - Hope you had fun though"

This is a blowoff or she just busy? (I know shes been totally swamped with work and such later)

What would be the way a DJ would proceed?

dalton

Don Juan
Reaction score
call in a couple of days, and tell her to get that ass to your place, your going out..

Proceed, and handle your ****.

true romance

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay away for few days..so she miss you then proceed to seduction and ACTION..close the deal.

If you keep asking her out seem too needy..have a life...

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
true romance said:
Stay away for few days..so she miss you then proceed to seduction and ACTION..close the deal.

If you keep asking her out seem too needy..have a life...
Agreed, the LAST thing I want is to seem need I have been trying to avoid that.

One idea i was thinking.....

She should be off from work all week, and prob won't have a car for part of it.

Wed I was thinking of texting her and asking her to go out for drinks that evening, and then going for it from there. Or should I wait longer, like until next week (seeing the holidays this weekend and all)

true romance

Don Juan
Reaction score
Invite her to see a fireworks July 4 or some outing...BBQ piknik..etc

Bring her back to your place and proceed..Today is Monday ...call her on Tuesday night.
Stop texting ...talk on the phone. Always bring humor to conversation.

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
true romance said:
Invite her to see a fireworks July 4 or some outing...BBQ piknik..etc

Bring her back to your place and proceed..Today is Monday ...call her on Tuesday night.
Stop texting ...talk on the phone. Always bring humor to conversation.
Good advice. And this does not make me seem desperate at all calling so soon? Would it be better to wait until next week to let some of the dust settle from me asking her before?

What would be something numerous I could tell her?

Should I even txt her back from her message from last night?

true romance

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought since July 4 people usually have plan to spend time with friends and family. So if you want to plan something you should call her earlier to reserve the time.

you have a better feel than anyone else so if you feel it's better to wait until next week by all means.

Hey xxx, I got an invitation from a friend to celebrate July 4, I was thinking about you and I want to invite you to come along. After we can catch....oh by the way ..have you ever seen "fireworks" from my bedroom? :)

you know what to say...