Mixed Signals--- How can I decipher this...

TheCarGuyA4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I got a bit of a pickle going on. To tell this long story in a few sentences would be impossible, but fortunatly I am lazy so I can put my skills to good use. See I have known this girl for a while, she really flirts with me and I am sure she really likes me. She has a boyfriend. Apparently she likes me but she goes way back with this dude and it seems she just doesn't want to break this guy's heart by leaving him but I think the moment is nigh. Anyway, on to the mixed signals. So pretty much the other day she IM's me (out of the blue) and flat out asks me to dinner when she comes into town (away at college, far, but not out of state.) But after that she doesn't IM me anymore, then I IMed her once and she was busy so I don't really know what to think of this and I was hoping for some advice. Thanks

SevenOne9

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't think too much of it if I were you.

She asked you out to dinner? Hey, only if she pays... after all, she asked you.

All in all, you shouldn't get your hopes up. Because mixed signals generally end up being a low sign of interest.

There are benefits to reading the DJ Bible -- you should read it it sometime.

justsomeguy1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah dude, don't think too much about this one. i learned a long, long time ago to NEVER EVER try and analyze anything a woman says or does. she asked you out to dinner. that's fine. wait for HER to contact YOU with the details. if she doesn't......oh well!!! it would be her loss and you should just move on and forget about her!

t00dumb

Don Juan
Reaction score
mix signals sucks man. i'm about to blow!! we like to think its high interest but there are always a lot of factors that leads to mix signals. i would say yea she likes you but maybe she's trying to keep her distance in being close because she already has a boyfriend and don't want you to influence on her judgement. but overall i think she wants you but don't want to step over that line because she know she can't go back after that. good luck bro!

t00dumb

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would probably in your position just really try to not think about it so much. women are crazy sometimes they're receptive today and the next day or so they're like cold turkey and just don't want to be bothered. if you still want this girl, i'd just take it slow and she probably have you on her check list if anything goes wrong with her current boyfriend. just play it cool and try try real hard to not overanalyze the situation. it sucks but hey, its how bad you want it i guess.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheCarGuyA4
See I have known this girl for a while, she really flirts with me and I am sure she really likes me. She has a boyfriend.
Does she like you? Not more than her BF dude!

The other day she IM's me (out of the blue) and flat out asks me to dinner when she comes into town, But after that she doesn't IM me anymore, then I IMed her once and she was busy so I don't really know what to think of this and I was hoping for some advice.
Mixed Signals = Low intrerest level or game playing.

She´s playing "push/pull" with you. Tell me, If Tom Cruise was calling her do you think she´d be busy?

Oh yeah I remembered, she has a BF! Maybe she was busy with him.

Can you see past the smoke now?

TheCarGuyA4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I haven't seen it like that... yeah man I am cutting bait. Thanks for the advice, I knew it would be good to join this board.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I haven't seen it like that... yeah man I am cutting bait. Thanks for the advice, I knew it would be good to join this board.
Being a DJ is not just being able to seduce women, but also cutting women´s mind games!

t00dumb

Don Juan
Reaction score
cutting into their mind games? sorry i don't understand what that means, someone please clarify.