milk...

jlr12584

Don Juan
Reaction score
if im trying to put on mass, should i drink regular milk or skim milk? im confused on whether the fat in the milk is good for u or not...

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on you, your bf %, metabolism, current weight, lactose (in)tolerance - I'd say take in skim milk for the protein, that way you have the option of adding more kcals if necessary.

Animal fat is no great evil but combined with high GI milk sugars etc it can lay down the blubber pretty quickly.

heater528

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with warboss it depends on how easily you store fat. For me the only way i can pack muscle on is to add peanut butter and Milk to my bulking diet. Even then i only drink 2 percent fat milk. The fat in milk is not good for you, however animal fat and cholesterol are extremely anabolic. You will gain muscle "and some fat" easily by eatting a diet high in saturated fat.

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Milk is sooo harmful to your body, I could pull up dozens of stuff as medial proof. Stick to meat and fish for protein, milk is a bad source of protein anyways.

Calcium comes from vegetables and even meats, so don't worry about lacking calcium.

DOWN WITH MILK

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewDude001
Milk is sooo harmful to your body, I could pull up dozens of stuff as medial proof. Stick to meat and fish for protein, milk is a bad source of protein anyways.
I think it could be. But how about yogurt? Especially plain, non-fat yogurt? The only problem I see is that it has very little protein (10g per 227g of yogurt).

iLoveCookies

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jlr12584
if im trying to put on mass, should i drink regular milk or skim milk? im confused on whether the fat in the milk is good for u or not...
Well congrats on starting to put on mass, get ready to eat until you are about to puke and eat more and lifting and resting.

As far as what kind of milk you are drinking. It really depends on what kind of mass you really want to put on. You can bulk the easy way and eat ALOT and gain mass with some muscle and some fat or put on lean mass which is alot harder.

I really dont know what your goals are but it is important to take in a certain amount of fat whether it is from peanutbutter or steak or salmon so I guess just sit down and figure out what your goals are and then everyone here can help you some more

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KillaPetehog
Man, you are trippin

You're entitled to your own opinion...There's some talk about hormones in milk and BHT...... but
I have yet to see someone die from milk.
...and no one died from junk food. You can eat any number of hamburgers you want, but will not die from hamburgers. It affects the body in a lot of way, and the effect are accumulationg over time.

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewDude001

Calcium comes from vegetables and even meats, so don't worry about lacking calcium.

DOWN WITH MILK
Do you think you could post some of those articles? I started drinking milk as part of my bulking diet (I drink like a half gallon in 2 days), so I'd like to see if Im messing up my body. Thanks.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yogurt is one of the healthiest things you can eat, and the live cultures in it makes it digestable even to people who're lactose intolerant - get the nonfat stuff and you're good to go.

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Yogurt is one of the healthiest things you can eat, and the live cultures in it makes it digestable even to people who're lactose intolerant - get the nonfat stuff and you're good to go.
I ususally go for normal...not the nonfat because im really skinny and need as many calories as possible...you think thats ok? I really dont have any problem keeping off the fat, I just have problems gaining weight.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never had any problem with dairy - I used to drink over 2 litres of the stuff a day. Milkshakes, chocolate milk, cheese, yoghurt, ice cream - you name, I'd shovel it down. I loved it.

About 2 years ago I was persuaded to try going dairy free for 3 months, and the difference in my health and energy levels was amazing.

My digestion improved. My entire life improved.

Since then I've never been able to go back on it. It's like I needed to detox from it before my body could start sending the intolerance signals to my brain.

I've been dairy free ever since, except the occasional piece of cheese or bowl of ice cream. I doubt I'll ever get back on dairy - it makes me feel sick and my health suffers overall.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by manuva
I never had any problem with dairy - I used to drink over 2 litres of the stuff a day. Milkshakes, chocolate milk, cheese, yoghurt, ice cream - you name, I'd shovel it down. I loved it.

About 2 years ago I was persuaded to try going dairy free for 3 months, and the difference in my health and energy levels was amazing.

My digestion improved. My entire life improved.
It could be just a personal intolerance.
But how are you doing now without whey protein? I guess whey is derivative of dairy.

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Every singe human being is lactose intolerent, just to what degree. Humans DON'T have the enzymes needed to break down milk properly, it basically sits in your intestinal tract causing gas.

I wouldn't even recommend driking RAW non-pasturaized cow's milk, much less USA's (RBGH rich) cow's milk pumped full of hormones and toxins.

Every single other country has BANNED the use of our milk, expect us simply because it's a huge profit for the US and we refuse to believe Europe that our milk sucks.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
...and no one died from junk food. You can eat any number of hamburgers you want, but will not die from hamburgers.
I died from a McGriddle and was then rencarnated as the new Ronald McDonald

biketrials

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually milk is very good for you. I have an intestinal disease where I have an imbalance in my intestinal flora. Or in other words I have a disease called Crohn's Disease. Milk is only bad for you if you buy the milk that most people buy at stores. That milk has been pasturized thereby killing any good bacteria in the milk but the milk still has trace particles of antibiotics that cows take because they get milked too much. The best milk is either farm frech cows milk that is un pasteurized or goats milk also unpasturized. I drink goats milk every day and it helps me gain weight. I started drinking it three weeks ago and I have gained 2 and a half pounds. I have lost weight for the past two years. So, if you excercise every day and drink goats milk you will definately gain weight in a healthy way as this is what a nutritionist has prescribed me. Just stay away from protein powders since they are harmfull to the stomache and the intestines.

I hope this helps

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
It could be just a personal intolerance.
But how are you doing now without whey protein? I guess whey is derivative of dairy.

It seems that everyone is lactose intolerant to some degree, they just aren't aware of it.

People who say they have no problem with milk have usually been consuming it regularly for years, and have never tried detoxing from it as I did. Everybody I know who has 'detoxed' from dairy products have reported increased health and terrible stomach and digestive pains when they attempt to consume dairy again.

I challenge any of the guys here who 'have no problem' with dairy to go without it for 10 weeks or so, and THEN tell me they have no problem when they begin consuming it again.

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have milk everyday, those 99% fat free ones though, I never drink Milk Milk, just non-fat milk I have in my protein shake in the morning (I use water for the other shakes I take, though I don't like it that much) and I use milk in my ceral as well.

I train for function, but I also want to cut as well...

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blowfish
I have milk everyday, those 99% fat free ones though, I never drink Milk Milk, just non-fat milk
They all have the same lactose content.