Mic. Fiend's 50 Approaches Journal - Feeback Wanted

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Mic Fiend,

It is great you are approaching, but seriously those are some really AFC sounding conversations you are having. The best line you came up with was the "I have 3 girlfriends you need to catch up" line, which is golden and one I intend to use as well. But otherwise I really was disappointed.

You recognize that you are going autopilot which results in sh!tty convos, but your autopilot should really be more playful and C&F. I'm no expert but I've basically been adopting a full-on C&F, dry humor type mindset ALL THE TIME. It helps that I work with a bunch of wise-asses and also my family can be the same way, so I'm pretty well trained. But it isn't that hard, and since you've been around for a while I would think you would have developed that too.

Of course everyone is different and maybe you need to develop your own style, but what you have now is definitely not working.

Like look at how you handled the girl needing the light. She basically opened you and in 5 seconds you proved you were a jackass. I don't like smokers either but frankly you can be that picky only when you actually have some other options. At worst she should have been practice and if she was opening you there was probably some interest. I've had chics ask me for lights too and in hindsight I realized they are definitely open to at least a convo and maybe more. I'd recommend hitting up the mall and getting a nice Zippo lighter. They are handy for the grill anyhow and it doesn't hurt to have one if a chic asks.

Also regarding your mindset, every day you go out to approach you need to just hit up one set and almost purposely blow it out and not give a sh!t. Once that happens you have only one place to go: up. In my recent field report in the Mature Man forum I asked one HB for her digits and was denied. I did not let it phase me though and even kept talking to her some. I then asked her 2nd friend if she was single and got a no. Did I give up? Nope. I finally asked the 3rd HB if she was single and got a yes and some obvious interest. Half an hour later after a lot of flirting and kino I ended up walking out with an email and a kiss. And these were promoter chics working at the bar, not chics there to meet people. Never give up.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^real talk man. I agree with you whole heartedly. Trust me, I KNOW Im a funny guy its just...i dunno I need to get back in the rhthmn. For some reason I seem to be in a different mindset than I used to be before but i feel it coming back. The lighter thing has happened before. The funniest one i did was told the girl "hold up yea...i think I got one..." and then i go digging in my pocket and whip out a condom with a ****y smile on my face

Maybe I am afraid of being blown out, Im not sure. but yea, these approaches arent special. They're interesting to be in but boring to type so they must be boring to read also.

Aite fcvk it, this is gonna be a journal where I have fun. No more pvssyfooting around and being boring, because coincidently that doesnt get you pvssy anyways. Thanks for driving the issue home. I was feeling it a bit yesterday but you really brought it to light

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gald to see you apporaching again. But this is sorta my fault, because you don't seem to ask for phone numbers. So Mic remember to ask for numbers man. Don't be like me mess up your journal. Good luck :cool:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out tonight to a techno club. Decent night too. I felt the confidence coming back. No doubt. My first approach was wat broke the ice. My wing for the night went in on her friend and I told him i would wing so i went in. I was reluctant at first but once he went in i stopped thinking and just jumped in and talked to her friend. cant remember most of what we talked about, it was vibing she was saying whatever and I would take what she was saying and branch to whatever topic i wanted. I was conversing like I knew her for years it felt like. I would look up and my wing was stalling and we were having fun and chatting. A lil kino here and there with signs of her diggin me like pickin up convo, leaning in, smiling a lot, etc. She was from NY and here til tuesday. She was stayin in the hotel the party was at. Now that I think about it I should have seguewayed to her showing me her room and closin the deal...dammit. Anyways my wing is just kinda there but not really chattin to his target so i say my goodbyes and roll out of there.

Now Im feeling the vibe and need to pump some approaches in before I lose the feeling. I am talking to friends and I see a gurl that I was eyeing up since she got in the club with a lil EC so I cut to her and say

Approach #12
Mic: (smiling)Hey...I saw a fellow black person in the techno club and I thought I'd say hello.
Her: *smiling*
Her: Hi Im HB 7.5 nice to meet you. My name is Hb7.5 whats yours?
Mic: What's your name again?
Her: HB 7.5
Mic: HB 7.5?
Her: Yea
Her:...whats your name
Mic: Mic Fiend....So...what is it girls night out tonite?
Her: I got friend throwing a birfday party next week so were gonna have lots of girls next week here. (making plans to see me again already? lol I shouldda said that when she said that)

We fluff a bit more and then a friend wants me so I eject

Next I see another chick and I roll up with the line again

Approach 13
Mic: (smiling)Hey...I saw a fellow black person in the techno club and I had to say hello.
HBBarbados: (starts laughing)
Mic: *talks about the difference between clubs here and there, and the scene*
Her: *acting receptive*

She told me she was here with friends and her father I think. I expected her to talk to other people and stuff, but some guy starts talking to her and then another and I decide to roll after the 2nd guy. When I scan the area they dancin in the corner. Im like watever.

Today was hella good. i felt like the money and i knew my personality cud bag b!tches. I should went for # closes though. I thought about that in the car on the way to the next club but when we got there it was traaaaaaaaaaaaashhhhhhhhh.

I cant wait to get back in the field and make some girls laugh lust and love....or just fvck if they cant ;)

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Opened a couple girls last night...Nothing developed past 30 seconds so i aint counting any of em. Once I had that really good night, I see just how short I was setting my goals

Mic: Yo how you doin?
Her: Im fine
Mic: Oh...how come you all here by yaself
Her: Im just waiting for my boyfriend and here comes now
Mic: Oh...aite then, bye

Leavin the club I walk by a woman...stop turn around and open:
Approach (VOID)
Mic: Yo...why you here by yourself?
Her: Im....waiting for my friends
Mic:....Oh
Mic:...Well...(throws up fist) Stay strong my independent black woman

I was in an "approach girls" mindset when I've done best in a "Fvck around and have fun with the laydees" mindset...I'll remember that for next time

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
sup Mic...i like how the approaches are coming along.

I really liked Approach#12 and #13...because you didn't open with a question. I made this mistake a lot in the beginning too, and still do on occasion. But, when you open with a question, you often make the mistake of asking too many questions, and the convo is choppy.

Like the "what are you doing here all by yourself" ...I said that thurs. night to a girl, and she was also waiting for her boyfriend.

But these two (12 and 13) were good and you established some similarity right off the bat. cool.

I don't know if you've read Juggler's stuff...but he's got something called the 90/10 rule. Be prep'd to carry 90% of the convo. Make more statements, and talk to get the girl comfortable with making statements also. She'll feel more comfortable offering more info about herself when are doing it. Don't expect it to be 50/50 right off the bat.

btw, yeah, my mindset is that females exist for the purpose of our amusement.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good idea omyomar... I havent been sticking in for the long haul. Im gonna focus on that and # closes now.

Approach #14
This one was nasssty. I was walking to the bus stop and i swore to myself i would approach the girl in the distance. I get there and she had armpit hair and dirrttyyy teeth, like she just finished chewing paper bags or something. Anyways i talk to her about her job and that its my day off. She was just...man she was not my type at all...lets put it that way, lol. Another one under my belt though. Going to the gym now and hopefully some hotties there. Whats happenning with everyone else's journals? I know blackdragon is takin a break but come on everyone else. Im working 6-7 days a week, but Im trying to get approaches in every chance I got. Today was my day off but I went looking in the field. Lets get more approaches peoples.

ActionJackson

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know blackdragon is takin a break but come on everyone else. Im working 6-7 days a week, but Im trying to get approaches in every chance I got. Today was my day off but I went looking in the field. Lets get more approaches peoples.
Whats up man a AFC readin your approaches I like seeing the progression of you starting to have some fun. I plan on starting a journal of my own.A few questions for you: Did you complete the DJ bootcamp? Do you find it hard to pick up girls or approach girls in a bar/club enviornment? And any usefull links or whatever would help.

keep postin & I will keep readin. :box:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh snap...my nickame was actionjackson for a while, lol.

Anyways, nice to see someone reading the stuff man. As for the questions... I tried the botocamp about 4 times...Made it halfway through week 3 once and the other times I always bombed after week 1 or 2. It did help me a good bit though, saying Hi to people after Eye contact is natural to me and I can hold a conversation much better than when I first started.

My club/bar game sucks ass, which is ironic cuz most girls I've met recently have been there. Its all about attitude in the clubs. The times in my life I can look back and say that was a fvcking amazing approach like 2-3 were when I was drunk and have funny at a club but the rest of the ones I have done (not many but still...) were all sober and just bumping into a girl during my daily life and running with it.

Some of the links I read from time to time are:

Every Girl Doesnt Have to Like You
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24645

Playing the Numbers game
http://www.sosuave.com/quick/tip386.htm

Creating a Habit
http://www.bristollair.com/innergame/identityandbeliefs/implementingahabit/

But seriously though nothing beats going out in the field. Sometimes stuff just falls in your lap. If I have nothing to do or noone to go out with I still go out because thats the kind of effort you put in to get good. Going out alone is nothing. There was times when I would be feeling lonely and there's that intial stage where you start to doubt yourself and think negatively. After that part it is full steam ahead. Good Luck ActionJackson and Imma keep an eye out for your journal, hopefully you start it or the bootcamp soon.

ActionJackson

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey thx bro, its funny because people give me the name action jackson because my name is jackson. Girls thought I was a player because of my name when I was really a AFC lol. Anyways man keep approaching and I will keep watching.
thx 4 those linx

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright had a day off so I went to the mall. I only managed to get one approach, but i got a couple Hi's and brief interactions with girls also so it wasnt a terrible day

Anyways I was on the bus and this girl kept glancing at me subtlely. She looked a little young but I was just going in for experience, so i figured what the hell. It was noone sitting around us so I cleared my throat and went:

Approach #15
Mic: Hey girl how many times are you gonna look at me out the corner of your eye before you say hello?
Girl: What (Right here is when i saw something glistening in her mouth...not a grill so it must be braces)
Mic: Wait...how old are you
Girl: 13
Mic: *Speechless*

I just ignored her for the last couple of minutes and went about my business. I coulda sworn she looked at leas 16-17, smh. Damn youngins should be in summer camp or something.

I felt a good deal more confident for some reason today. I would hold EC when 1-2 ladies walked by and they said Hi to me, and then dropped stuff as I walked by, wasnt quick enough but I should have seguewayed that into an opener. One girl let me on the bus before her and I smiled and said "Thanks, I feel like such a lady now" and she laughed. I just have to open more girls on my own...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its been up and down recently...Lately it seems my friends are lining things up without puttin work in and I cant even close a damn chick, smh. I figured out that I am gettin more confident IN APPROACHING CHICKS...but not necessarily in myself. That way if I approach a girl and it doesnt go well I blame it on myself. I read some self respect threads and I should be alright. really put things in perspective. No news to report as of yet but I should pick things up soon. Added "Closes" in my sig because I intend on going for the close more nowadays

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Decided to go out last night with the fellas. Caught the bus and a decent girl gets off with me at the stop. I chicken out of talking to her and then as I go to cross the street she is right next to me so fvck it

Approach #16
Mic Fiend: Hey...coming from church?
Her: No going there actually
Mic Fiend: On a Saturday?!?!?!
Her: *laughs* yea
Mic Fiend: Um... Why?
Her: All night choir practice

Here I was walking the opposite direction i was trying to get to (the liquor store) with a girl talking about church. She seemed receptive and this was the start of a decent cold approach (should have stayed in longer, I know) I excuse myself and get some red bull for the night.

Approach attempt
*Girl walks by and is looking all over the place*
Mic Fiend: Hello...Is it me you are looking for? (like that song, lol)
Girl:....
*Girl walks away*

Approach Attempt
Mic Fiend: I saw a fellow black person so I figured I say hello.
Girl:...*walks away*

Approach Attempt
*A girl is walking by and out of earshot for the club so I tap her on the side of the arm as she passes*
Girl: *stops dead in her tracks and stares at me like WTF*
Mic Fiend: Hi *Stares back* (Thinking back should have made a face or checked her out blatantly or something)
Girl: Normally when people want to speak they say Hi or wave
Mic Fiend: Um....yea, i did you musta missed my wave so i tapped ya
Girl: Okay
Mic Fiend: So whats happening?
Girl: Looking for my friends. there they are...*leaves*

This kinda thing happened 3-4 times last night :rolleyes: , fvcking chicks arent giving a nigga a chance sometimes, lol. I admit though those are usually the times when my eye contact is faltering or I dont come off as confident as I would like. Good bit of eye contact with a lot of girls through the night. Didnt approach so it doesnt count for s h i t. Should go out tonight so I will get better results dammit

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aite went to the party and was in a good mood so things seemed so much smoother

Girl seems to be hovering around me but i aint sure, who cares tho right... She was about early to mid 30's bangin body, nice hair

Approach #17
(I cant remember the opener just the lines that were nice really)
-Alright before we go any further I just want to make sure you are legal....can I see some ID"
- That Wayans brother handshake, where you ruffle their hair and everything
- Yea this is your first time at this club too? We are like club virgins or something

This chick was just a hot commodity, we talked for about 5 minutes or so and at least 4 niggas was like 'yo wats up i aint seen you" or some stuff to start talkin to her again. i was like 'damn is there any niggas in here you dont know???" to her and then she ran with that. She was witty

Approach 18
Saw another girl. Her friend was having a good time talking to some guys and she wasnt involved. A decent looking chick too, about hb 8. Found out later that she was 35(!) Ran the same playful fun premise on her too. Only thing was she had an attitude problem. She never blew me out but she liked to try and reiterate the fact that I didnt know her and that she was in charge. Never gave that to her. I wouldnt call it confrontational but I wasnt letting her take reign. In the end she told her find she was ready to go, but we were talking for a good 10-15 minutes on and off so it was good practice. She was laughing at jokes and picking up dropped conversations from time to time.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks omyomar. Ima keep doin what I can. Its been work nonstop but hopefully beginnin of september I can get to university and then my PU skills will hit the stratosphere because of the amount of girls and extra time I have. Anyways. I went out tonight with the fellas and here's a quick breakdown at 3:45 cuz I wont be back on til at least 7pm tommorow thanks to work

Approach #19
I walk up to the girl, start conversation blah blah blah. Eventually I get tired of talking to her and just eject a good five minutes later

Approach #20
See this girl lookin at me on the dance floor out the corner of her eye. After one or two glances I say to myself "f u c k it" and I start grinding on her. Seriously this was a big step for me cuz I aint danced with a chick in at least a year... no lie. It was outside of my comfort zone so I never persued it. Anyone got any pointers tho, cuz i didnt give a f u c k about her and I was damn near tryina get a nut on the dancefloor :rockon: She like "I dont like it when ya **** is all up on me" or something like that. So we dance a lil seperate from each other which is gay as hell. I start talking to her but it isnt great convo and then I ditch her and go to another club. I come back later and Im gettin ready to leave. I aint got nothing to lose so I ask for the digits and she scoffs at me. Another brick in my foundation to p u s s y on the regular I guess :p Going for the close felt so good. Just knowing that you stand a better chance instead of leaving it up to the God's feels empowering regardless of if you got digits or not

Approach #21
I see a girl that has been dancin with other guys all night. She is one of the few black girls in there so I open with good ole faithful
Mic Fiend: I saw another black person here I figured I come and say helllo.
Her: *smiles* (this line is so money, its just Im not following up strong enough IMO)
Mic Fiend: *talking to her*
Her: You arent even old enough, blah blah blah, are you out of HS yet?
Mic Fiend: *resists her and tries to get kino that she subtely breaks off
Her: I saw you earlier but I knew you were too young, I was checkin you out though
Mic Fiend: *really tries to grab a b i t c h now* lol
Her: BRB. They messed up my drink so im just gettin it fixed...

Im pressed 4 time cuz my ride is leavin. I wait and I see her goin 2 the balcony with some other dude. I think to myself "f u c k her" and head home

My mindset is changin drastically to what I had about a year or so ago. I can credit that to reading MrSex4uNYC's archive over at fastseduction. the cat is so money its scary. He dont give a f u c k what the girls think and so on. Rereading it has really put stuff in perspective for me.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The worst has passed

Aite. So Im at the club with my boys. I see a girl dancin next to her girl friend and some dude starin at her ass on the couch behind her. the girl was fine looking. i aint gonna front. I have been the dude starin at the girl while another nigga swoops in and steals the chick so Im primed to go. After a couple minutes the friend moves away and the other chick starts dancin crazily so "Im like fvck it. whats the worst that can happen" and my feet start moving so my mind is playing catch up.
So i make my way across the floor to get to this chick. I get behind her and as soon as I start dancin she turns around, pushes me in the face and I fall on the couch to the right of her!

BUT WAIT IT GETS WORSE
Next thing I hear is some dude cussing. The nigga sitting on the other couch watchin the girl dance is apparently her bf (or at least her saviour) so he jumps on a nigga and starts swinging while Im on the couch wondering what the f u c k just happened. I aint even get a swing in, just covered my face cuz he was on top of me like 1/2 a second after I hit the couch. This 200 lbs dude is all over my 130 lbs ass. My nigga runs in like "Hey thats my nigga!!!" and eventually bouncers break it up, but looking back we shudda stomped his ass out. As we leave...no get escorted out of the club by security, he says the usual s h i t like when i catch you outside here Imma f u c k you up, etc etc. F u c k e r had no right tryina beat my ass for trying to dance with a girl. I aint got hurt or anything. Maybe a little bump on my head when I woke up this morning. But in fact after we got everyone together we hit another club but it was closing down so we had to call it a night...

What the f u c k ever happenned to girls saying "NO thanks?" :confused: lol. The girl was fine but not worth that, and she lucky i was sober cuz once she put her hands on me, if i was drinking i might not have been so stunned. After this I think my game is going to skyrocket or plummet. Im not sure which. On the one hand I never want something like this to happen again because I dont like having to watch out for other niggas tryina jump me everytime I go out. But on the other hand, this is pretty much the worst thing that can happen. So with that behind me....

Anyways do you guys have any thoughts or ideas on the situation and also whats your technique when going to dance with a girl because Im thinking of refining mines to asking beforehand, :crackup:

DaviiB

Reaction score
Holy shyt dawg....thats messed up. I hav good news tho. According to what I've heard.... I'd figure thats the worst that will EVER happen to you. Mad props for just getting yurself out there tho.

I just moved up to Toronto a few weeks ago (from the Caribbean) and have started approaching girls (just barely) around here...tho i'd say its pretty hard since i'm still trying to adjust to this place (everything is too frickin big and the ppl are weird) and I dont kno anyone. I have a few under my belt....about 4 so far....thinkin about startin up a journal here as well cuz I need to get off the gorund before I hit college.

Anyway, keep it up..yur improving so it can only get better from here.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad your trying to approach but you approaches aren't that great at all. But as for that club sh!t thats typical, one thing to let you know in advance, don't do that swoop from behind dancing sh!t, that is some real AFC thing and you look needy. When I go to parties I see alot of guys doing that sh!t thinking they going to pull the girl.

Thankfully I've never got into any problems with any guys, but if you plan on getting good this is the type of sh!t that could happen.

Just make sure you don't do that swoop from behind sh!t, trying to grind all up on a girl, but you still got a funny story to tell all your friend's lol.

------

As I said before about your approaching its not great at all, also the number of sets that your approaching is rather low if your trying to practice. You went to the mall and only did one approach? I'm sure there was more than one decent set in that whole mall. I'm not really worried about your openers even though I think there rather bad, but anything can open a set. But your followup stuff just isn't there, your bailing out to quick and your not trying to #close. If you don't try and atleast get the number you will never get to learn Phone game, bypasing LMR, working on your sex techniques, etc. You need to get over that hump.

I'm glad your approaching though.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stop asking so many close ended questions that just generate the reponse "yeah" or "no", ask open questions

instead of asking stuff like "was that good?", ask "what do you think of it?", it will generate a better response to give you more bounce off

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aite good looking out fellas. Distant Light, that was some real talk man. I can feel my approaches gettin better over the last 2-3 weeks, but you're right. The numbers arent there. It just seems so hard to get IOI's in the mall when everyone is going about their business, walking by you, or talking to friends. Im going away in a couple of weeks and it'll be my first time with free time really since April so Im looking forward to really pumping out some numbers, no bullsh!t. When I say it though it feels like procrastination. I have been workin 5-7 days a week and going out nights, when i do go out it is usually my day off or something but still, my day game could use improvement.

I will try what you said Doggystyle, thanks