Men should stop chasing.

truegame

Don Juan
Reaction score
Men are 10 hornier than women.

Women have thousands of options at their fingertips now due to online dating.

Women have clearly became the choosers.

It’s just logical at that point to let women do the approaching/ showing interest

It’s a waste of time to put in effort only to be discarded bc she has 50 other options to choose from.

It’s just a waste of time.

Men should : learn to enjoy their life single, improve on every aspect, MARKET themselves and let women show their interest.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s just logical at that point to let women do the approaching/ showing interest
There is an idea out there that men should approach but only approach when they receive an indicator of interest (IOI) from a woman.

For most men, this will result in a lot fewer approaches. The fewer approaches are likely to be more successful approaches (setting up a date, same night sex from a bar, etc).

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

It’s a waste of time to put in effort only to be discarded bc she has 50 other options to choose from.

Men should : learn to enjoy their life single, improve on every aspect, MARKET themselves and let women show their interest.
Women have always been the choosers since the dawn of time. What planet have you been on?

truegame

Don Juan
Reaction score
In theory, yes. In practice, most men will struggle to get enough quantity of qualified leads.
I agree, this is why i think men should learn to truly enjoy their life single and see women as a bonus.

Or maybe...

Maybe, i am way too ambitious, maybe it's better for the average men to fight, chase to get a relationship with an average woman who is lukewarm about him.

But personally, as an experienced man, i don't see any point of dealing with women who are not highly interested by me.

truegame

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women have always been the choosers since the dawn of time. What planet have you been on?
Before dating app and internet, they did not have this much power as a chooser.

They had to dress up, go out and wish to get approach by charming men.
Now they can get 100 man without leaving their home. This is NOT THE SAME.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Sure they did.

80% of the guys on apps are guys they have no interest in and are some combo of boring/weirdo/loser.

So because guys that would never dare to approach those women IRL now can send a message instead and be "bold" online, the women somehow gets more choice?

She wasn't choosing that dude anyway no matter how he presented himself.

truegame

Don Juan
Reaction score
So because guys that would never dare to approach those women IRL now can send a message instead and be "bold" online, the women somehow gets more choice?
I mean, if you truly believe dating apps and social media don't give women more options, i don't know what to tell you.
At this point, it's like denying that 2+2=4.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

It's not about women doing the approaching. This will most likely never happen to the extend that men are doing it.

It's about Men being able to filter which women are interested and which not. Once you get that, you will waste less time and you will be more succesfull in the dating game.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I mean, if you truly believe dating apps and social media don't give women more options, i don't know what to tell you.
At this point, it's like denying that 2+2=4.
More options does not mean more quality options.

Or options they are interested in.

holidayad_

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When women have a high interest in you, they will make it so obvious (and easy) for you that it will not look like you are chasing or approaching.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To the OP:

I've proposed a similar idea on SoSuave. If all available straight men stopped pursuing broads cold turkey, we'd notice a drastic difference within less than a year. Under my proposed strategy, no single straight woman would get a date or sex ever again unless they started making moves on us.

My idea was laughed off, I was told my idea goes against human nature, I was told every species in the animal kingdom has the males chase the females, etc.

A male coworker also mocked my idea. He said "So you expect men to stop making moves on women? Sounds gay."

Here's the difference between us and animals: Deer, tigers, lions, birds, etc don't have hookup apps. They can afford to live like it's 1980. We, on the other hand, need to come to terms with the fact it's 2024.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'd say apps led to this problem moreso than the internet by itself.

The internet has been around since the 90s. Dating/hookup apps have only been a thing for the past decade or so.

When I started college 15 years ago, we obviously had the internet. Dating/hookup apps were nonexistent, however. You had to physically be at a computer (and use the website version of dating/hookup sites).

Today, on the other hand, a woman has a handheld device with her at all times where she'll have access to men galore on dating/hookup apps.

I had some degree of success getting laid through hookup websites during college. If I was starting college now, on the other hand, I wouldn't be shocked if I ended up remaining a virgin through college.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More options does not mean more quality options.

Or options they are interested in.
Here's an analogy: In New York City, you might not like all the individual cuisines available. But you at least have a lot more options than you would in Boise. Statistically, you're more likely to find a place to eat that tickles your fancy in New York City than Boise (because of the sheer amount of options in New York City).

The pre-app era was like Boise (as far as the amount of men a woman had to choose from). Today, the dating/sex market is like New York City.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You bring up good points, but it is still the man's job to recognize when he has been chosen and to initiate contact. Most women will not approach you, ask for your phone number or ask you out on a date--that is our job!

This still holds true whether the female is showing you strong IOI's or not.

Last edited:

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You bring up good points, but it is still the man's job to recognize when he has been chosen and to initiate contact. Most women will not approach you, ask for your phone number or ask you out on a date--that is our job!
It’s so easy she makes herself available and throws chosing signals. You act upon it that’s it