Men are more romantic than women?

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In light of the upcoming "holiday" I wanted to get your opinion on the matter. I've heard this several times in the MRA/PUA word and based on past experience I think it's a far statement for the 80% of men that are stuck in betaland. Most things men do to be romantic is actually way too much and over the top for most women to actually handle. In fact plenty of women get put off by how overly romantic guys can be. Every women I've ever know at one point or another actually complained about their guy being too romantic. The problem is I can't think of any examples of how guys are more romantic. This is where you guys come into play. Post any ideas you have on the subject.

The only reason I can really articulate why men are more romantic is because they're generally more inventive and abstract thinking. Women may be more sensitive, but these articles challenge that notion:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200702/ai_n17220307/
http://www.sandstorming.com/2006/02/men-are-more-romantic-than-women/

BobMo'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are more pragmatic and practical-minded when it comes to relationships. They have evolved this way.

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a good example is how men let wistfulness, nostalgia and regret cripple them in breakups. Meanwhile, most women forget almost instantly and move on.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
In light of the upcoming "holiday" I wanted to get your opinion on the matter. I've heard this several times in the MRA/PUA word and based on past experience I think it's a far statement for the 80% of men that are stuck in betaland. Most things men do to be romantic is actually way too much and over the top for most women to actually handle. In fact plenty of women get put off by how overly romantic guys can be. Every women I've ever know at one point or another actually complained about their guy being too romantic. The problem is I can't think of any examples of how guys are more romantic. This is where you guys come into play. Post any ideas you have on the subject.

The only reason I can really articulate why men are more romantic is because they're generally more inventive and abstract thinking. Women may be more sensitive, but these articles challenge that notion:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200702/ai_n17220307/
http://www.sandstorming.com/2006/02/men-are-more-romantic-than-women/
The deeper fundamental reason is that men are gifted with imagination.

When a man's imagination is used correctly - it brings about inventions and innovations in every field.

When a man's imagination is used incorrectly - as in, it is used too heavily on girls, it deifies girls and causes men to engage in ridiculous romantic overtures.

jonnnb

Don Juan
Reaction score
to romance a woman, is to show a man's inventiveness in creating mood, creating the drama of the unexpected - the surprise. in short, creating excitement, keeping the woman entertained *throws up*.
as we all know women are excessively drawn to excitement, drama, and being entertained by men (why dont they create their own excitement).

theres nothing virtually all women hate more than boring, tedious, dull, unimaginative men. NOTHING.
we men seem to have a higher boredom threshold in a partner, as we dont generally expect or look for a high level of humour, imagination or excitement from women.

so, yes we men are generally more romantic than women.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crow said:
I think a good example is how men let wistfulness, nostalgia and regret cripple them in breakups. Meanwhile, most women forget almost instantly and move on.
SO, so true.

Men fall slower, but fall much harder. Women will open up their hearts quicker and let their feelings run wild, but man when it's over they will forget about you before the door is even closed.

As much as women pine endlessly for romance, they do little to create it. In fact, women do little to create anything they pine for, other than drama.

To some extent I think it's the man's role to lead and be romantic; but it is reciprocal and the woman has to fill the role of inspiring or seducing the man (in a good way).

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
As much as women pine endlessly for romance, they do little to create it. In fact, women do little to create anything they pine for, other than drama.

To some extent I think it's the man's role to lead and be romantic; but it is reciprocal and the woman has to fill the role of inspiring or seducing the man (in a good way).
Very true - girls tend to create nothing, except drama.

Yes a girl must inspire the man to be romantic. She must know her role, and compliment him well. Then, he will lead and be romantic.

But alas, Valentines Day calls for men to be romantic. Too bad most men are being romantic not because they are inspired but because they are just scared, scared of her.

Luminescence

Don Juan
Reaction score
This has already been well established here. We males (as individuals) will never be as important to females as they are to us. The human ovum is in limited supply, and they own it. We are cheap and in bulk.

Women often find interest in us for the lifestyle we have to offer them ... and if you fVck up, and provide an inferior quality of life, you can be sure, that you will be replaced and forgotten.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has already been well established here. We males (as individuals) will never be as important to females as they are to us.
I must have missed these conversations, but I've heard this before. It may well be true. Or is it possible that the reason that men are more likely to hang onto a mate after he tires of her is that men have a stronger sense of honor and loyalty?

Men are also more likely to be socially inept, so maybe they don't think they have good options to replace her? Look at all the AFC husband types you see on TV with the gorgeous wives. They almost personify this: "How did a mook like me get a great gal like you?"

The human ovum is in limited supply, and they own it. We are cheap and in bulk.
Not sure I agree with this bit. How are we any more cheap and in bulk than they are? Isn't that a scarcity mentality?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
When a man's imagination is used incorrectly - as in, it is used too heavily on girls, it deifies girls and causes men to engage in ridiculous romantic overtures.
There is the problem. Men who do this are acting out of a deeply held belief that they need to "win her over" with gushing displays of sweet " niceness" .

That is the "enticement" strategy. It places the woman on a pedestal as a prize to be "won".
IN spite of their repeated failures , most men continue with this practise and defend its use as a primary strategy.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Not sure I agree with this bit. How are we any more cheap and in bulk than they are? Isn't that a scarcity mentality?
I guess that he is referring to the female supply of ovum being limited in both quantity and time, while male sperm is plentiful and usually available until we die.

However Zekko, women that you and I date are not usually interested in our sperm they are more likely to be interested in our resources and our mature leadership .

And that is another reason why the much applauded "cougar" movement will fail. Where is a 25 year old guy gonna get the resources and the maturity to appeal to a 45 year old divorcee and compete with you are me. Not gonna happen.

The cougar movement is just a formalised version of "desperate housewive fvcks the pool guy."

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About the cougar thing, it'll fizzle out eventually when people realize you can't have kids with women who are past their expiration date. Feminists that promote it talk about benefiting the next generation of women. Um, hello! There is no next generation espousing your beliefs because you're not passing them on in a socio-biological perspective. Hell, that's why men find young fertile women attractive in the first place. The guys that did passed on their genes to their progeny and the men who went for the geriatrics and post menopausal women did not.

Mother nature is not a feminist.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men of course are more romantic. Every work of arts showcasing romance has been created by men. Women have created zip.

Women are emotional creatures but men go to the extremes when it comes to emotions (just like anything else). It's from the intensity of our emotions and imaginations that romance comes from.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However Zekko, women that you and I date are not usually interested in our sperm they are more likely to be interested in our resources and our mature leadership .
Resources, maturity, and leadership, yes.
But if they are not interested in our sperm does that mean we are not interested in their ovum? I know I sure don't want kids at this age. That's the one thing that could really screw up my life at this point.

Probably some of the younger guys want children, which is a real roll of the dice these days. I might like to have children if I lived to be 300 or so. As it is, life's too short.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luminescence said:
This has already been well established here. We males (as individuals) will never be as important to females as they are to us. The human ovum is in limited supply, and they own it. We are cheap and in bulk.

Women often find interest in us for the lifestyle we have to offer them ... and if you fVck up, and provide an inferior quality of life, you can be sure, that you will be replaced and forgotten.

Agree with the second point 100% but not the first.

Women need men just as much, albeit in different ways. Their needs cant be met without us.

Luminescence

Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
I agree for the most part ... but this was posted with womens innate genetic dispositions in mind. There is no need for ''conscious'' interest, it's already ingrained through evolution. Women are by default more selective and picky, because what they have is more limited than what we have. Owning a limited recourse gives you power and options.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Agree with the second point 100% but not the first.

Women need men just as much, albeit in different ways. Their needs cant be met without us.

Biologically he's 100% right on both accounts. Watch these:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAzkQWgIEbU

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpkXEfuuylY

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqybaseue5Q

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2KBhvdvhtg

Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwp6SKxthc

Basically men are much more likely to have peaks and valleys in terms of success and whatnot whereas women are much more likely to all be relatively close. There are still standouts in both genders, but due to evolution women are less risk takers, less explerary standouts in their fields, less prone to detrimental behavior, less prone to dying earlier as a result of their risk taking, etc. It all rolls together to result in what we have today, which is men making up the bulk of awesome successes and total failures with most women being somewhere in the middle. It's all explained much more eloquently in parts 4 & 5.