Maxim Magazine advice on dating and age.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better to be CALLED a "dirty old man" because you date far younger aged women than to KNOW inside that you are a "warped, FRUSTRATED, old man" because you're stuck with the WRONG woman----of ANY age.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
JustDoItAlways said:
The age rule is usually take your age divide by 2 and add 7 (not 9).

This rule goes way back to before biblical times.
Yup. Add 7. You beat me to it.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say go by one rule; if she's 18 or older, she's game! (provide that is the age of consent in your state). If you're younger than 18, then why are you in the mature forum? ;-)

Hmm, this does make me wonder, is the age of consent 18 in all US states? Does anyone have a link to this broken down by states if its not 18 for all states?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shadowfox said:
Wow thats an interesting formula I take my age 17/2 =8.5 then add 9 and i need to be looking at girls 1/2 a year older than me, 17.5??? Ok sounds cool.
Something else that's interesting is if you take your age, and consider the rules for this forum, that = you shouldn't be posting here.

jimmyc

Reaction score
all of those magazine subscriptions like Maxim and Stuff are all written by virgins. Why do you think they give such s****y advice on girls??? What do they know about women? They don't know what it's like to make the sexy-time fun with a woman.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My personal rule of thumb was always that for anything serious the normalized age difference would be a woman 10 years younger. Basically I think guys should date women who are on average 10 years younger, but that's just a starting point, not a hard rule for me.

All I'm saying is that if you're dating someone your age, she's probably too old for you. Counter to the popular wisdom, but true I think.

This new "equation" actually works better as a baseline average target maybe, but using it (or any other rule) as a hard limit is just dumb. Using it as a softer sort of guideline might make more sense, for example a 40 year old guy should date women who are around 29, maybe say 24 - 34. When you use it that way it starts to almost work.

But trying to distill something as personal as human relationships into a simple formula is intrinsically bound to failure.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zhit, I'm gonna have to get rid of the 22 year old baby girl I am seeing.

MightyMate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just some maths.. You dont have to do that, but it might be helpful sometimes.. Not that You have to drop girls that You are attracted too, but You may know some are too young for relatio and good just for other stuff.. I think thats what was meant here.

Reaction score
It is plus 7 years- but it really doesn't matter!!! Get the youngest woman possible as allowed by law in your province/state!!!! The feminist hors hate this because they are out of the market and cannot compete with fresh meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only real PROBLEM I have found with dating far younger women, say---about 16 years younger, is that I have a hard time trying to find some common grounds of relate-ability with them OUTSIDE of the bedroom.

But then again, even with women closer to my age, it is STILL quite a task forming a more HOLISTIC type of relationship with them. Communication IS key, but if I have very little in common with them as people, then my battle is always an UPHILL one.

So, when it's all said and done, I STILL prefer younger women because the odds are still BARELY in my favor of finding one who is not TOTALLY poisoned by the hurts of all the stuff she's gone through with the past dudes she's dealt with.

Oh, and the younger women are USUALLY more physically attractive too-----probably because they have not GIVEN UP like far too many women in their mid-to-late thirties and early forties...

And I don't mean to be HARSH about that, but I SEE this phenomena happening all the time where I live.

Satan Psycho

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxim is only good for something to look at on the toilet. If that piece of crap mag would concentrate more on how to date girls who are half your age then it would be worth more. If you are middle aged and dating 19yo hotties then the only judgements you will have to face are from men who are jealous of you and women who are jealous of her. :p This is the drawback you must face and it is unavoidable and will never change. But only a lesser man would look to some meaningless algorithm to find out if it's "ok" to date a female.

Miss

Don Juan
Reaction score
DoubleA said:
most older women are threatened by younger ones for male companionship...:
- AA
I totally disagree. Most "older" women are more confident and less threatened. Wow, do you really think so?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the situation and the people that matter, not the numbers.