Master Disaster

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever thought of doing improv comedy or stand-up comedy for a living? I do this...for fun...

Maybe you could try this out. It is quite fun. I would also be willing to even give you some advice...

I am decent at stand-up....People have said.

The Master Disaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually thought about doing that for along time. I'm leaning towards writing or script writing. I'm good at both.

I could always use some advice on stand-up.

What prompted u to post this?

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking I might be able to use somebody's help for a script I am writing

I can give you my email, and then if you'd like you could submit some scripts, because I have connections to famous people. Also I need input on a script I am writing. Part of the story is about an AFC transforming into a Don Juan. I need humor in the script.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So sorry to be cutting in guys... I know this is like a private discussion, but it's posted in DJ discussion so I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon...

I've always been interested in writing as well. Thing is, I've never been able to make it interesting. My writing comes out worse than my own words. I am a great public speaker, I've had people ask me to write speeches for them, and they always turn out dull. It's as though my writing is based on how I feel. Most of the time I am confused, though when I speak, my words are confident...

Just asking for some general advice on how you guys would write a script is basically what I'm looking for. Just like crossboss as well, looking how to add humor to the mix...

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a problem....

First check this out: Warning: If your not funny don't try (post in high school forum) If you can't find it, do a search on this.

This is my explaination on how to be funny. And if you have more questions, ask.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ethnomethodologist question?

Do you have any advice for talking more clearly, like a professional tv reporter. I have problems sounding like a nerd when I talk. Thanks.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ethnomethodologist question?

Originally posted by crossboss
Do you have any advice for talking more clearly, like a professional tv reporter. I have problems sounding like a nerd when I talk. Thanks.
Not in writing:p I have to be able to physically touch you to teach you how to speak better...

Gotta know where on your body the words come from I guess. I sound nasally when I speak as well, like a nerd. Other times people get hooked by my voice once I get some passion into it...

Online and in writing, I have no passionate words... It's all cut and dried online, no screams, or laughter. No anger, or resentment. You can hear all of that stuff in people's voices when they speak. Online, it can only be inferred.

I type how I speak, so at times when I really get down to it. I sound better when I write in monotone, which is not me. Other times, the words and the writing are the same, and I feel great writing it, but the message that people take from my writing is that I have too many thoughts running through my head.

yanamean? It doesn't make sense to teach somebody how to speak, in writing...

Do a search on mumbl* I got a few good responses on that thread.