man without car...8th wonder of the world

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Horses for courses.

Do you live in a city with plenty of public transport?

I suspect that you are not meeting the correct type of women for your life style.

Transportation is, in many locations, a vital part of todays society - Society will thus judge you accordingly. Walking a different line requires strenght and persistance. You require different skills than other DJ's to play your game.

There is no one rule.....

Sir-M

Don Juan
Reaction score
The_last_Gunslinger said:
I do not want to own a car, they are money sinks and stress makers.

I will not own a car simply to please a woman, as I will find little use for a vehicle in my life.

I no longer approach women, not that I’m scared or intimidated, just because I know how the situation ends up once they find out I don’t drive.

I don’t want to be approached now as I see it wastes both the girl’s time and mine. Since the majority of them are shallow and vapid (at least in my area).
Stick to your guns mate, i like your principles.. i on the other hand have had access to a car since before my midteens.. thus in my many afc years i had a very respectable car.. actually.. two of them..and those cars pulled in a large amount of sluts, AW, golddiggers. you name it.. if things had been any different. i would have loved to be a DJ with a modest car, but nevertheless i soon grew up and my eyes opened, i did learn alot from having those cars and having my AFC heart broken several times.. i did not live near public transport thus a car was essential for me, although in my early twenties when i was becoming a dj i would take the car into town. leave it somewhere and then go after my female prospects. things worked out fine without a car as i got more modest and fun people.. long story short.. you do not need a car. but please do get a drivers licence ASAP.. it is quite essential

jophil28 said:
She (pretentious HB), " Hey. what do you drive?"
.... a lawnmower

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Last Gunslinger,
Suggest you read "The social ideology of the motor car"by Andre Gorz,who refers to another equally interesting essay on a similar topic by Ivan Illich...Hard to refute the points you make,but equally hard not to agree with the other correspondents on this thread,it is very difficult to conduct a relationship without one...

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cars are nothing but money sinks. Think of the return you could get if you threw 20-30 k into a high yield account of any type, and you'll be that much closer to your first million than any schlub who leases a new car every year. I wouldn't care too much about societies view on this one since you'll be laughing your way to the bank while everyone else is bagging groceries at age 70.

If I had a choice, I would not have a car. Life was much better when everything was in walking distance. No gas, insurance, commutes, payments or any of that gab. Trust me dude, you are in better shape than the rest of us!

Darles Chickens

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don´t get one if you don´t need one. Simple as that.

When i started to learn how to drive i found out that many of the other drivers out there are total losers who can´t actually drive anyway so what´s the point. I don´t want to die getting hit by a total jerk who´s going to fast (yeah i know i can get hit by a bus at anytime thanks).

I live in a city with good public transport but that is also green and fresh. I get to walk around the streets, make eye contact with chicks, say hi, meet and greet. It great.

Some girl i was seeing for a bit was always going on ¨why don´t you drive?¨ ¨where´s your car?¨ blah, blah and i got sick of all the qualifying and that crap.Last time we were going to go for a drink we had arranged she starts again:

Car Fetish Chick: ¨so i guess you´re driving then?¨ (she still hasn´t twigged i don´t have a car)
me: ¨no! you?¨
CFC: ¨it´s about time you drive me!!¨ (what a moron)
me: ¨ok so i´ll go steal a car and be round yours in a bit¨
CFC: ¨ok i´ll drive¨

What´s the point in having to go through all that. In the end i said i would just walk and meet her there, she then got all apologetic which was ok as the apology involved a BJ. :cheer:

Do your OWN thing man.

supyos

Reaction score
I am in the same situation as this post!! I moved out to a big city 3 years ago from a smaller city where I had to have a car all my life. I have ALWAYS hated driving and love the fact that I don't need to have a car.

Dating and no car is an Issue and always will be in America. I always feel ackward telling a gal I don't have a car...as they always respond with something like wow I can't imagine not having one, what are you crazy!, or something along those lines. The other issue is woman might not always want to hang out where you can get too via public transportation.

I keep going back and forth on whether it really is worth the headache of having a car to drive less than 2 days a week....but it's starting to seem like I will have to have one. But I am going the cheaper car route where I just don't care what happens to the car. (liability insurance, cheaper used car) I just can't justifiy buying a expensive car to drive for golf, beach, or chicks. (Driving 2 times a week max)

Overall it just sucks!!

betterthandead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A man who is limited to such resources will only be limited to certain females who is open to such limitation.

betterthandead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not "be a man" and tell other men to stop wasting money on getting apartments or a place of their own and stay home with parents? They can ride shotgun with the parentals.

thedeparted said:
This shltty forum just ate my comment. But the point was: I haven't had a car in years, and women are happy to give me a ride. My last gf didn't even know I could drive until we went for a roadtrip one weekend. However, when she really needed a ride, she'd call "the taxi man," a pathetic dude who would do anything for her even though she lived with me. Moral: Don't be the taxi man. Just be a man, and ride shotgun.

cedd

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats the same analogy with Instant Messengers or web cams when you are dealing with girls online...

They are always surprised seeing a man who do not have/use IM or webcam... :D

fukk them and move on if they dont accept the alternative.

cheers

Telos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, I've had girls give me rides all over the place. Many will have no problems with this if their IL is high enough. One of the plates I'm spinning right now is basically my chauffeur, ***** drives me everywhere. It's great.

Reaction score
The_last_Gunslinger said:
From the reading of the DJ bible I take with me the understanding that compromising yourself to simply get a woman is a DJ sin. So what kind of a DJ do I need to be?
What angles can I use here? Anyone else in this situation around my age?

I understand if a lot of you can’t understand this, American culture places social status and personal worth on the type of car you drive….so those of you still plugged into the matrix may not get me.
I have yet to read this entire thread's posts, so if I repeat some info here, scews me ahead of time. I think you may be on to something here, my friend. If you can get a routine down that gets the chick past the car thing, you have done something big here. It's not something that's been done much, but I do know of a few dudes who have pulled it off. You may want to do this the hard way, or just get a car. But it looks like you don't want to do that. So I think it's a hard situation, but if you are determined enough you may be able to find a loophole here.

Reaction score
Well it’s been a few days now and I've read all of the insightful posts I knew I would gather from this community. Thanks for the varied perspectives.

I have decided to stay strong to my principals and continue to walk the path less traveled, pun intended. I think that I need to consciously work harder on my casual conversation skills, and learn to make the issue disarming and light as opposed to being reactionary to it.

The inner game must improve for now as car ownership would be impractical to me, at least in this point of my life. It would seem like such a waste of an opportunity to sock some cash away while these conditions exist. I will take advantage of that while it lasts.

Perhaps folks can direct me to some specific passages in the dj bible or other source materials to guide me? As with all information of this nature it's not a definitive playbook I know, yet guidance is always welcome.

Happy trails for now men!

BudBundi

Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
The CAR is not the reason why you are unsuccessful with women. You are creating a problem by THINKING the car is a reason.

If you meet a girl, have her pick you up or take a cab to a mutual place.

How is this a problem?

guru nailed it here. I tell girls I drive a Schwinn and it only fits one under most circumstances. (The really dumb ones ask what country it's from. At that point I tell them it's a bicycle, and I laugh.)

Usually I get a ride from them to their place or mine. Whichever way the conversation goes.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have depth perception issues, so i could never get a car either.

It doesn't bother me. Everyone with a car is always freaking out about paying for gas, getting tickets, finding parking. I walk or use public transit and I'm better off for it. i just wish this country would take public transit seriously...

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 37 and don't own a car. But you should get your license, otherwise people will accuse you of being weird. Get your license because it's good ID and also, you can rent a car if you want to go away for the weekend. Personally, I've only just got my license. It can be a hindrance - I live in a big city with great transportation and take cabs everywhere.

The plus of not owning a car though, is that at 37, I'm still slim and good looking, whilst many of my friends and other men in my age group, who've been driving everywhere the past 20 years, are fat basturds.

You may miss out on some dates though, not having a car. That's life, however, I've dated lots. A woman who doesn't want to be with you because you don't have wheels isn't worth it anyway.

daytona

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't want to get a car, more power to you. I see nothing wrong with that and women who are that shallow are not worth your time.

I own two cars right now and I'll be getting a bike in about a month. I got a 94 Acura Integra a year and a half ago. I crashed it one afternoon when I was tired and didn't shoulder check properly (sh*tty rear pillar location makes it a little hard). I learned my lesson and since I'm not made of money I decided to fix it myself (I hate body work). This year I finally found a 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. All original with 80k miles. I have a ton of work done to it and a ton of work left to do. 300whp, gt28 turbo, full 3" exhaust including the swingvalve, large FMIC, etc (for any petential car guys on this board). Very fast ride and it will only get faster. Basically it stays in the garage except for weekends and the race track. Car was 800$ and about $5k in parts. All work done by myself, I don't trust others to "fix" it for me. Anyway I'm getting side tracked, having a car for the sake of attracting girls is not a real reason to have a car. If you think you don't need one and get around fine without it, don't get one. They cost lots, break down and piss you off (and in turn cost another truckload unless you fix them yourself) and can increase your chances of injury/death. However, they do have just as many benefits. Do whatever you feel like and don't look for society's approval.

As for myself, I guess speed is just how I get my fix. :)

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to own a car but I would get a license. It's never too late. If a situation calls for you to drive, at least you would be able to legally.