Mall approaches are frustrating

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to the mall yesterday and today and did a bunch of approaches and half of these girls were not very approachable. Is the mall a bad idea or am i taking a bad approach to it?

Reaction score
NEWBIE MISSION -- stick with it, hang on there.

Dress your best, approach girls and say hi to them, spend at least a few hours at a mall and do so.

Yonge, old, anyone that is desirable, approach, say 'hi', try to talk with them.

You are making the effort, you are taking the initiative, and dont give a crap what they think or how they react, because you are the man, you got that.

This is the time when you try harder and you put more into it.

I'll just give you pep talk here and encourage you, and let other posters troubleshoot your specific problem.

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah...i felt like giving up at times but just because i really like women I kept trying. I only got one number at the mall from this girl i went to school with but only got to talk to her like once. Saw her working at Sears and so i talked to her and I didnt want to freak her out or annoy her so i kind of said bye and walked off as quickly as possible and then my friend was like "are you gonna get her number?" and I was like "err.. i dont kno..'" and he was like "Bull****! You're gonna go back there and get her number!" and I went back and I started to sweat and I was like "Hey, give me your number" or some ridiculous nervous nonsense. I think she liked this and she more than willingly gave it to me. But I dont count that as a true number closes.

Reaction score
Mitch_Mustain said:
and I went back and I started to sweat and I was like "Hey, give me your number" or some ridiculous nervous nonsense. I think she liked this and she more than willingly gave it to me. But I dont count that as a true number closes.
It's a number close, you asked for her number and you got it. That's a number close.

Vanilla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mitch_Mustain said:
yeah...i felt like giving up at times but just because i really like women I kept trying. I only got one number at the mall from this girl i went to school with but only got to talk to her like once. Saw her working at Sears and so i talked to her and I didnt want to freak her out or annoy her so i kind of said bye and walked off as quickly as possible and then my friend was like "are you gonna get her number?" and I was like "err.. i dont kno..'" and he was like "Bull****! You're gonna go back there and get her number!" and I went back and I started to sweat and I was like "Hey, give me your number" or some ridiculous nervous nonsense. I think she liked this and she more than willingly gave it to me. But I dont count that as a true number closes.
:up: At least you had the balls to do it.

Reaction score
According to mASF, sarging at malls are best done at food courts on Tuesday to Thursday between 6-9, and Saturday afternoons. If the mall is near office buildings in a downtown area, include 12-1:30 Monday to Friday as well as people may go to lunch there. Other great places to sarge in malls is women clothing stores. I'm not exactly sure about the approaches/openers, but I would suggest to look up mASF for more info if no one else puts any tips in.

BTW: I've never tried this myself, so I dont know how it would work.
"Excuse me, I have a quick question to ask you, I'm doing a science project, and need to know how much a Polar Bear weighs?" "Oh, you dont know, wel enough to break the ice, hi, I'm xyz." I'm KJing on this thought so be careful.

The benefit is, if you get a girl laughing very fast, which is the objective of that pick-up, then you've got a foot in the door.

Other openers I've heard with sets of woman -- you are doing a survey, make up some bogus question to get a woman's opinion on something.

Keep it up, let us know how it goes.

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
im taking a break.

I cant take anymore women for a minute. I talked to sooo many chicks at the mall, ****son street(a strip of town with tons of bars and chicks on saturdays), we hit wal mart like 4 times, a few music stores, a hotel, a park,

My friend was good motivation but his way of talking to chicks is more of a stalker type of way. he'll be like "hey theres a chick, lets follow her and say hi" this would make me kind of just not follow her because I read somewhere that its better to approach when they're sort of facing you.

There was this one time, I was just kinda psyched and I walked straight up to these two rocker girls and as I approach i forgot what i was gonna say and I was like "......hey...whats up?" and they were like "What?" in a *****y mood and I was like "do you go to so and so school?" and I looked like a jackass. the whole food court saw me f*ck up and I kinda just walked away, everyone was eyeballing me...it was kind of funny.

Like, i just want to be able to walk up to a girl, open her and keep the conversation going. I'm not a blabbermouth so I have nothing cool to say or interesting to keep the girl's attention enough to tell her "well, I got to get going but I'd like to continue this conversation" or something...I just couldnt do it. I'd open a girl up, ask my question or run my opener part and then I'd just be like "ok, bye" like a dolt. I've got to really work with this conversation thing. My friend can start conversations but with girls who are way younger than what I'm looking for. I need to start approaching the girls I truly desire.

Oh and last night which was such a looooooooong ass night sarging because I ****ed up just about everytime and we went to a pool hall and we go in and sit down, scout the place and some drunk dude sits with us and he asks me if I was the springdale QB, and I was like yeah./.and he was like "dude go pick up some chicks" and him and my friend were trying to motivate me but what pissed me off was that they were telling me to go rather than them if they were so insistant. And so I walked to the bar and I chatted with the bartender girl and then she got busy and so I turned to my side and saw some wigger dude chatting with a girl who was a 7.3 and I said "hey, you look familiar. have we met?" and the dude was like "ha ha ha ha, this dude trying to pick you up" and I was like "whoa whoa no" and she was like "hA HA HA, is that your best pick up line" rather than try to explain myself I just walked back to my chair and sat there until these two other crazy chicks were around being slutty and so when one of them walked over my way I got her attention and asked her for a cig, and she said "sure, gimme a sec" but she went over to some other people and never came back but when she did I got her attention again but when I was gonna tell her to sit down and talk, I said "where's my cig?" she said what and put her lips really close to mines, I was about to kiss her by impulse but she had these two piercings on her lower lips and I was like "whoa" .....

fast forwards finally, this girl and her friend isolate themselves and saw that they were sort of looking our way and so I convinced the drunk guy to wing for me as I tried to talk to the other girl. We walk up to them and we were like "hey!" and they told me to get them a pen so they could give me they numbers. they took out a dollar bill and tore it in half to show and I started to walk over to the bar to get a pen but immediately wondered if these chicks were just trying to blow me off and I walked back and asked them why should I go? and they said "fine, we'll be right back" and as I expected they just went to flirt with some other jerks...i left disappointed again.

and today was seemingly worse. I talked to a lot of women that put me off. it sucked but oh well..its all a matter of trying again and again and Ill have better success right?

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just keep working on it trust me after awhile it will start to get easier. Its going to suck at first but its well worth it. Make sure you have a gameplan that way its faster learning curve. Everyone who first started will tell you they had similar problems starting out.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Mitch_Mustain said:
fast forwards finally, this girl and her friend isolate themselves and saw that they were sort of looking our way and so I convinced the drunk guy to wing for me as I tried to talk to the other girl. We walk up to them and we were like "hey!" and they told me to get them a pen so they could give me they numbers. they took out a dollar bill and tore it in half to show and I started to walk over to the bar to get a pen but immediately wondered if these chicks were just trying to blow me off and I walked back and asked them why should I go? and they said "fine, we'll be right back" and as I expected they just went to flirt with some other jerks...i left disappointed again.
What.... why........ HOW COULD YOU MESS THAT UP? They we're handing their numbers to you, and you messed it up?! Wow.... just wow. All you had to do was get the pen and shut your mouth. They already agreed to it, no need to say anything more than "Ok great! Talk to you later."

Even if they WERE trying to blow you off, it wasn't worth the risk of losing the numbers to find out right then. You could have just taken the numbers, and then when you went to call them another day, that's when you'd find out if you got blown off or not. Seriously man, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Doesn't matter. Get the number and get out. You can worry about flaking out and fake numbers later.

They probably just really liked you and WANTED you to have their numbers. But then you questioned it and they decided you aren't confident in your game. Bye bye babes.

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasnt confident at all...I was tired, whiny from my previous **** ups that day, and not in the right mindset. and plus my wingmen were nagging at me forever to talk to this girl and that girl, and all these girls..I didnt know which one to hit on.

I definately need to stop being afraid of creeping women out, thats my greatest fear in the world because when I was younger I hung around this one guy who talked to a few cute chicks and hang and they'd be attracted to him but he's eventually creep them out and some would put restraining orders on him..I dont want to be like that.

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaches are the most challenging - you are interrupting people as they go about their business. Of this, street approaches are the toughest - people can be wary of your intentions (especially in big cities), they get people asking for money or trying to sell something all the time.

Always approach from within her view, i.e. not from behind or the side - it just freaks people out. Although "Hi" is the universal opener and is great for a lot of situations, on the street where people are moving a question is more powerful to interrupt people. If you use "Hi", people can just either ignore you or say Hi back and carry on walking. Once you get experienced, you can say anything as an opener and have it work (can be a great game when you're bored). You need to be smiling and make powerful eye contact.

Those guys in the pool bar tooled you by telling you to go pick up chicks. They AMOG'ed you by setting up the frame where theyre telling you what to do (intentionally or not). You're feelings were right, you should have shot back with something like "why don't you show me how it's done" or something else.

LegendBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say more is most challenging. Usually there with friends etc and its a social place where they do not want to be seen giving out numbers to a random guy(slut) if there on there own they will be honest u will get the number if interest I would bet, if no interest you won't. Though if they are with there friends you might not get the number even if they are interested.

My thoughts open ridicule or discussion,.