LTR and your thoughts on them.

dnhunter

Reaction score
So I have recently found a women who is lucky enough to be in a relationship with me. She really is everything I want in a woman. Smart, funny, honest, goal oriented, good looking. Now I have been in a few LTR in the past and I have made some mistakes with other girls. I know now that I am older and more experience how to avoid them. For example not making a girl the center of your world. Having a life of your own and friends of your own. And that jealousy is a silly emotion that should not affect a serious relationship. With that being said I know I am still young (23) and have much to learn. So I am asking what are some thing you have learned to make a relationship last. Any advise is helpful.

pinhas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing lasts forever. Period. Keep that in mind and just enjoy your time with her. Dont think on how you can make it last or prolong it, but just make sure you are doing what you want and enjoying your life.

P

perseverance

You need to find someone who is willing to put an equal amount of effort into the relationship, otherwise it becomes a case of people taking and not giving. All relationships require work and effort on both people's part. If one person starts being apathetic towards the relationship, the rot will set in and once that sets in your relationship is doomed to fall apart.

Think of a relationship along the lines of a team. If one member of a team isn't pulling their weight, the team will suffer as a result.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thing you have learned to make a relationship last.

Think it, don't say it. Work on the filter between your brain and your mouth. Being able to choose your words in a calculated fashion is a valuable skill in any setting.

scien-ITA

Don Juan
Reaction score
What people above me have said, also it is very important that you do not take her for granted but you also need to respect yourself and tell her when she's crossing some lines. Call her out on her BS in a respectful yet clear manner.
Also if it's going to be a LTR you will need to learn her body language down to a T because they very much still do talk in cryptic language, however if you are with this girl for a long time it will become much easier to pick up her signals.

Example: "No it's ok you go hang out with your friends. It's fine". IT IS NOT FINE, she's disappointed and possibly upset.