Love or Lust?

InnocentMan

Reaction score
Disclamor: This is my first thread, if i noob something please be gentle on me.

We have just broken up for reasons of being too far away, and parent animosity, but we still love each other. It has been on my mind for the longest time what to do. I do seem to be suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder, but I do believe that we should be together. She says that she loves me but cannot be with me.
We see each other about two weeks a month, because of my colledge, I am not sure what to do, I feel that it would hurt a lot to let go and start anew.
How can two people can love each other but not want to be with each other?

Please post your thoughts.
Thank you.

Nitemare

Reaction score
Sorry--buts its over.. Move on..Dont talk to her/think about her...I know its hard--but it will never be the same..

Move on....

Giuseppe Notte

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, it's so hard to say anything from what you write...

What happened exactly?

Sometimes relationships need a break. Time can amplify feelings a lot.

Could it be that what you have is not love anymore? Could it be that you are barely missing her and you just got used to the feeling of "being together"?

How long did it last? How many months have you spent together?

I need more information to give you usable advice, please don't spare us the details.

InnocentMan

Reaction score
We have been together for about 7-8 months, ad known each other for about three years.
All this time it was grandiose and quint fascinating.
Three weeks ago she told me that she cannot be with me anymore, without any other comments, so the next day we gave our belongings to each other, and did not speak for about a week. Last week i called her and asked for a walk in a park, naturally it was granted.
She seemed quite shy and distressed but very well remembered and brought up a lot of things we dd in that park, kinky and not-so-kinky.
This week i came from colledge again (~250miles) to see her before she leaves in NY for her birthday. So yesterday we were walking, and discussing our relationship and what will come to pass soon. I really like her and she does say that she loves me and adores me like no one else. Than a random sex happened, im even more confused after that.
On the way back she told me that things started to boil about a month ago because she didnt see me so much, because of finalls on both of ours' behalfs, and the problemm that i cannot be with her because of her mother. We have talked with her about all that before we even decided tobe together, but now se does not seem want to reaso with me. I am a very devoted and faithful man, so i said that i shall wait, but she is not even sure that she wants me to.
That seems to be the layout, ask if you need more info.
But as a psych/philosophy major i am confused with the irrationality of the events.

Interlewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by InnocentMan

How can two people can love each other but not want to be with each other?
Yo man I broke up with my GF two weeks ago. I loved her a lot, but broke it off so I could work on my game. My logic was, we are either going to stay together for the rest of my life....or we're going to break up eventually. That's obvious. I figured might as well break it off now before it gets even more serious.

InnocentMan

Reaction score
I know she doesn't see anybody else.
I am just too attached, of course things end, everything ends, but when there is no apparent reason for it, it just doenst seem right.
What is a good way to forget a person you do not want to forget?
I think i am going to rest my case with her.

InnocentMan

Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
Maybe you shouldnt be in college :D

I am sorry, it is my third language, and not native, I am still re-learning to write in US-English opposing to UK-english.

Sexus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man...stop listening to Billy Joel and instead stick on The Jam, get your best rags on and sarge them chicks...in 2 weeks you'll have forgotten all about her and be wondering which girl you should choose from the plethora you have approached..

Now thats the real headache - not crying over some flakey bint.

Harsh but fair.

InnocentMan

Reaction score
You may be right, but its hard to start anew, usually it takes about 4-5 girls to get me over one. And with flow of women in my life in US, it doesnt seem quite comfortable.
Ill go buy a Nightwish CD today and replace Joel ones:cool: , but I still think he is a very gifted poet and musician.
Ill try it out, most deffinetley, thank you.