Love is based on trust.

MicCheck1-2

Don Juan
Reaction score
You may have heard this popular phrase once in your lifetime. But I'm here to tell you it's not true. I'm here to tell you that is stone cold BS. If a woman can "trust" you, why would she want to be with you? Think about it. All long term relationships are built on distrust. A woman ALWAYS needs to know that the man she is with is NOT to be trusted. Why do you think that women will dump a man that confesses everything to her but will never dump a man that constantly LIES to her? Because women have a basic need to know that you can't be trusted. It's a proven fact that most wives that know their spouse are cheating STAY in the relationship with the husband. Why? Because he's UNTRUSTWORTHY Women NEED a man to be unfaithful. Women need to worry about a man. Women need to feel lonely at times. I'm telling you, how many relationships do you know where the man is cheating and the woman is as faithful as a dog? Come on, we all know ONE. Why is that? BECAUSE THE MAN IS UNTRUSTWORTHY. Women LOVE to fight over an untrustworthy man. The untrustworthy man is the real prize ladies and gentlemen. Remember that.

snackmouth

Banned
Reaction score
No.

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha.

Yeah sounds a little dubious to me.

:down:

What do you do if a b*tch cheats on you?? You boot her a$$ out the door before she can even begin to try and make excuses. Same goes for women.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fundamentally I'd agree, but I'd say it has less to do with trust and more to do with security. By nature, women are far more competitive than men. More so than men realize because the sexes communicate so differently. It's an insecurity with that feminine competition that makes women come back to a situation that would otherwise make no sense to remain in. It's the fear of losing that 'great catch' to someone else that holds their interest - up to a point. Love is based on trust, but desire is based on distrust.

The opposite of love isn't hate, the opposite of love is indifference. When either sex cheats on the other it's not an issue of trust being broken. Rather it's an issue of desire for the partner. Cheating represents a basic lack of desire for one partner and is a response to this. After infidelity, it's not trust that needs to be rebuilt (as every sappy romance story would have us believe), it's desire for the other person. Trust is easily re-established, but genuine desire is a lot more difficult.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MicCheck1-2
You may have heard this popular phrase once in your lifetime. But I'm here to tell you it's not true. I'm here to tell you that is stone cold BS. If a woman can "trust" you, why would she want to be with you? Think about it. All long term relationships are built on distrust. A woman ALWAYS needs to know that the man she is with is NOT to be trusted. Why do you think that women will dump a man that confesses everything to her but will never dump a man that constantly LIES to her? Because women have a basic need to know that you can't be trusted. It's a proven fact that most wives that know their spouse are cheating STAY in the relationship with the husband. Why? Because he's UNTRUSTWORTHY Women NEED a man to be unfaithful. Women need to worry about a man. Women need to feel lonely at times. I'm telling you, how many relationships do you know where the man is cheating and the woman is as faithful as a dog? Come on, we all know ONE. Why is that? BECAUSE THE MAN IS UNTRUSTWORTHY. Women LOVE to fight over an untrustworthy man. The untrustworthy man is the real prize ladies and gentlemen. Remember that.
No. The man that all women want is the most desireable beacause all women want to catch the "great catch". Once he is "caught" - meaning he is in LTR with a single woman, then she still wants him to be desired by other women but she doesn't want him to cheat. If he cheats, she will associate him with pain and her desire in him will diminish.Your example of women who stay with the men who cheats are women with low self esteem or other psychiatric problems and its not a major one. Most attractive healthy minded women have other options as well and do not settle for less.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
Your example of women who stay with the men who cheats are women with low self esteem or other psychiatric problems and its not a major one. Most attractive healthy minded women have other options as well and do not settle for less.
I agree with this completely.

Trust is essential to building a relationship. No male nor female likes being deceived or manipulated.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
/\wut this guy said

you must be dating some scandelous h0s or something cus i've never even heard of that theory...and its wrong