(LOVE IS A LIFE CHANGING THING)follow ur heart

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, i think falling in love is a necessary thing to try out with your more serious girlfriends before you get married (if you plan on getting married). As with anything, you get better at it with practice.

So, love and see what happens. Oh, you get your heart broken. It's sad, but u learned something. You then learn how to stop being broken hearted, which is a great thing for you in order to grow psychologically.

Then you love again, get better at loving while staying grounded. You break up, let's say, but u do better this time around. You are less harmed. You love again, and again it's better than the previous times.

Ultimately, you have more realistic expectations for when you get married. You will be able to love and receive love, and you will be good at it, as weird as it may sound.

Much better than always avoiding love until you get married and then say "OK, ouf, well...euh...let's fall in love, dear wife...hehehe, hehe .. he.. um." A bit late and you're almost doomed to fail and break your nose, real bad.

But that's just my 21 year old view on things....

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know there is downfalls....

but this place makes it seeem like being in love is the worst thing that can happen to you.

funny coming mostly from guys who dont have the courage to go on a date

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
One day you will be looking back at this thread you just wrote and laugh your ass off.
hahaha yep

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frivolous:

Bro I've read a lot of your posts and definitely think your a bright guy with lots of potential. I also agree with you to certain degree that being in love with someone is nothing to hide or be ashamed of because 90% of the guys on this board have no real world experience with women or LTR's for that matter.

I'm not here to say "one-itis" or bash you because I don't think you have one-itis and I don't think your doing anything wrong. I'm just here to warn you that you must ALWAYS ALWAYS protect your heart and investment into a relationship even when things are going great. Why? Because life is unpredictable, feelings change, girls have no idea what they want in a man. You might be the flavor that she craves now, but there's no telling what the future holds.

Congrats on the great relationship, however I don't know if I can agree with you already being "in love" after such a short amount of time. Lots of men confuse love with lust and admiration, just make sure you keep your heart closer to YOU than anyone else.

PIMP

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Frivolous,

I agree that you need to give women affection and attention in a LTR but I sense you are treading on dangerous ground, and your advice a little borderline

Here's my 2 cents about how you can help safeguard yourself from potential heartbreak while things are still good:

Stop projecting your own feelings on the girl. Continue to judge her on her actions.

Allow yourself to see the longer term, imagine this 10 to 20 years out and pace yourself accordingly

Remember woman are emotionally changeable, they will want your babies one day and see everthing thing she never liked about you the next.

Never forget that you are the prize, and she will not see you as the prize if she doesn't have to try to "attain" you in one form or the other

Kaine

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes

Plz man...protect your heart....you woudnt go through life without buying an insurance policy...make sure u have a break glass in case of emergency with your girl so its easy to pullout. Remb you HAVE to protect your heart.

I got burned really badly, all the good times we shared, right now meant nothing to her. It was over in a blink of an eye. Make sure that you maintain a life where you can still be happy with yourself.

I was getting very dependednt on her making me feel good and all the sex we had. Now that she is gone Im having withdrawl symptoms and Im trying super hard to game new chicks to try and up my game so I dont get hurt again. Im battling social anxiety and depression, then this girl comes along and I get sooooo attached bcuz I never felt that good in my entire life, She took my virginity too, then she is gone in a seconds time. The reason being that I was too insecure and I argued too much. Its was almost like teasing me, she came and teased me. I liked her too, she was white and she got really close fast, I liked the fact she was italian too, something about that turns me on. But its over. We did the same things u did. It can be gone in a second

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimp-sicle- great advice....I suppose the way Im protecting my heart is I know it can end....its not perfect..nothing is. And I know it may be the last women I ever sleep with...and it may just be a stop on the journey of life.

Kaine- again great....and thats what Im doing..I dont want anyone to think that Im overly into her...IM just crazy excited about this..it feels great and I want to share it with everyone to show that this perceptoin of love is false here.

KK2004-this is my 3rd LTR and the 3rd women who have loved me..this is the 1st time I have given it back. I have slept with around 25 women. yes Im serious 25 women....you may think you did the same things we did..but you didnt....also for a short period she probably did feel the same about you....you blew it...but again this was your first. my heart got broke for the first time in 1997. :) then again in 2002..which I did after being in a bad relationship for 3 yrs..where I was borderline abusive...I hate to use a Gwen Stefani line but Ive been around this block a few times..and I am nearly 100 percent certain this is it...and I want to share this with the nay sayers here.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
One day you will be looking back at this thread you just wrote and laugh your ass off.
That days already here for me. This thread has to be a joke.

3 months:rolleyes: . Congratulations frivolousz21 you are now a chick, all further comments and replies made to you will now be made as if you are a female. Those other threads you were proclaiming your "love" in I gave you the benefit of the doubt and just chalked it up to the usual non original Westernised chump behaviour but this is the post thats caused me to re-evaluate my opinion of you.

Again, congratulations on your new vagina.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
I know there is downfalls....

but this place makes it seeem like being in love is the worst thing that can happen to you.

funny coming mostly from guys who dont have the courage to go on a date
Ohhhhh sh*t he pulled out the big guns. I dont belive in love. Like i said for weak people gives them something to look forward to. Love is a product of human beings NEED to belive.

Ninja out

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[B
FOLLOW UR HEART AT ALL TIMES [/B]
Ok, I don't know about at all times. Maybe after your in a LTR. Just out of curiosity are you still with her? Because theoretically, if you had love for eachother you should still be together. I'm trying to see that IF you do give 100% eventually the interest will fall, but not as quickly as in the attracting process due to the fact that you have a solid base.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes im still with her..we actually just passed 4 months last week.

its going at 10000 percent.

most guys here dont understand...

she is one of my best friends..and the center friend in my life...which has propelled it to something this great.

at the same time..she is my lover as well...

if you want your LTR to succedd..she has to be one of your friends as well as the women you sleep with.

'm trying to see that IF you do give 100% eventually the interest will fall,
the only way LTR will succedd is if you do give 100 percent and more..when both people do this...its a well oiled machine.

the more you give and more time goes by with her....the closer you get....when you get to this point only then will you truely understand how important having a women partner is.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohhhhh sh*t he pulled out the big guns. I dont belive in love. Like i said for weak people gives them something to look forward to. Love is a product of human beings NEED to belive.
Funny how many guys listened to this fools lies and believed him.

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

the only way LTR will succedd is if you do give 100 percent and more..when both people do this...its a well oiled machine.

It just goes against psycological principles. People want what they can't have. Something that's a challenge. I don't know much about love, that is why I'm asking these question. TO learn what love is.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just goes against psycological principles. People want what they can't have. Something that's a challenge. I don't know much about love, that is why I'm asking these question. TO learn what love is.
yes people do want what they cant have....

but love is different than attraction..love means both people have a deep/strong emotional attachment to someone...defies logic.

have you backed a friend that was wrong..but did it because you love him and he is ur boy????

of course.

you will do the same with love with a women...because its much much stronger.
you have a emotional connection, mental connection..and PHYSICAL.

I hope you find love one day you are pretty young...dnt let the naysayers get to you...MEN and WOMEN arent meant to be together...the love haters are hipocrites...because they use women for affection=love...but only on a temporary basis..becuase they arent man enuf to open up and provide and care for a women on a long term basis.

when you get to a LTR and both parties love each other..to maintain this u must GIVE.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bluelemond
No, that's not true. The advice has been for both to give 100% for each other almost from the beginning of time. It's even in the Bible (yeah, the one other than the DJ Bible)

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats a good logical point, a relationships is really tested about 6 months to a year.

yea that is true...

but we I had a very talkative friendship with her before hand....that accelled the relationship process

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea that is true...

but we I had a very talkative friendship with her before hand....that accelled the relationship process
I find your sitiation a little bizarre. Your origionally friends for 2yrs. Then you get out of the friend zone (by the way how did you get out of it?). And finally you fall in love with her 3 months later. But whatever, as long as your happy, I'm happy for you.