Love (Another L word topic)

Teh_SeXiness

Reaction score
When I go out with someone (I'm a male) my girlfriend always says "I love you" way too soon. In my last relationship she told me that after a couple of weeks and I didn't know what to say back to her but I said "I love you too," I knew I liked her but I most certainly didn't love her...not yet anyways. For future use, what should I tell a girl when she says "I love you" and I don't feel the same way?

I want to tell her that I don't love her but not in a way that makes it seem that I don't want her around. Help me out please.

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Guy,
Well... if a girl tells you that she loves you the best thing to do is to let her know that it means a lot to you that she feels that way about you, but you still can't honestly say you feel the same way about her yet. The worst thing you can do is lie to her about it. Tell her the truth... if she REALLY "loves" you, then she shouldn't have a problem with giving you time to develop your feelings for her. This is considering that the relationship is still pretty young. Now... if you have been going out with a girl for a year or so and you can't say that you love her... then you should consider if the relationship is going anywhere and if you should take your business elsewhere per say.

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing,
I see you have 15 listed as your age. Girls around that age are known to easily fall in "love" with guys they go out with. They think they love the dude but then ditch him for another guy later on. Ive seen it happen many a time. Be forewarned that most (not all) freshman/sophomore girls arent relationship material... in case thats what you are looking for. Juniors/Seniors and older are more viable in the relationship department.

Teh_SeXiness

Reaction score
Originally posted by SemperFi719
Hey Guy,
Well... if a girl tells you that she loves you the best thing to do is to let her know that it means a lot to you that she feels that way about you, but you still can't honestly say you feel the same way about her yet. The worst thing you can do is lie to her about it. Tell her the truth... if she REALLY "loves" you, then she shouldn't have a problem with giving you time to develop your feelings for her. This is considering that the relationship is still pretty young. Now... if you have been going out with a girl for a year or so and you can't say that you love her... then you should consider if the relationship is going anywhere and if you should take your business elsewhere per say.
I notice that girls do that at my age, but I only date girls at 17/18 because of their maturity level. Girls my age just don't seem to click in to my interest of maturity.

Teh_SeXiness

Reaction score
Originally posted by Teh_SeXiness
I notice that girls do that at my age, but I only date girls at 17/18 because of their maturity level. Girls my age just don't seem to click in to my interest of maturity.

You think that'd work? I kinda doubt it

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interpol, I did that today. My girl and I finished having sex, and she says "I love you," so I just smiled and kissed her. Thing is, after we got dressed and we were heading for the door, she stopped me and said, "There's something that I've never heard you say before." I knew what she was talking about, so I just did a lot of beating around the bush hoping she would lay off. She didn't. Long story short, she gets me to say that I love her, when I really don't. Any suggestions from anyone about what to do? Note that I still want her around, I just don't want her to turn into a clingy b****.