Lots of bites on POF

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been getting lots of bites on POF lately and it's definitely not my good looks. More logically it must be something to do with the moon or seasons lol.

Start messaging those girls that never replied to you before, those failed attempts if long enough ago are gone from her mail history so start out fresh!!!

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got any profile-writing tips?

My current one might be a bit boring. I mean, I didn't give that much away: mentioned what I'm studying (CS) including a joke about taking over the world with robots, what type of books and music I like, some TV shows and films I like, and that I like cooking foreign food, leading into a nice description of some of the travelling I've done. Totals about 200 words. For the "first date" section I just said I don't like to plan and that I want to go to the pier (I live on the coast) and go on the rides, joking that I'm "like a kid" and mentioning that I'm nostalgic. I finished with mentioning a nearby woods I like for tree-climbing. That section is about 80 words.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't write so much about yourself, leave things to her imagination. She will fill it all in with her own mental perfect ideals of her type of man.

Put some nice pics of yourself doing activities girls dig. Look at the girls in your area if they all like skiing put up pics of you skiing. If they say they like to travel, put pics of you doing that.

I put a pic of when I was like 8 years old "dead sexy even when I was a kid" girls love it and they immediately don't think i'm a rapist.

goldengoose

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Bites" on POF doesn't mean anything until you get the chick into bed. Chicks on POF can write you for any reason if they're bored or just being nice. Chicks freely admit on the internet that they have no intentions of meeting up with guys they talk to. They just use it to pass the time or for entertainment. The number of "bites" don't mean anything, it's the number of lays is what you should be counting.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goldengoose said:
"Bites" on POF doesn't mean anything until you get the chick into bed. Chicks on POF can write you for any reason if they're bored or just being nice. Chicks freely admit on the internet that they have no intentions of meeting up with guys they talk to. They just use it to pass the time or for entertainment. The number of "bites" don't mean anything, it's the number of lays is what you should be counting.
I'm not just talking about messages i'm getting on the site.

I'm talking about a number of girls I have taken out a couple times over the last three weeks that are considerably better then what I have gotten before on POF.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely comes and goes.. I think spring/ beginning of summer motivating girls to go out on some dates a bit more than they would, but sometimes you simply cant beg for a date on there and then 3-4 pile up in one week. Just gota keep movin forward..

lastking

Don Juan
Reaction score
Same thing happening to me but on a different site

SgtSplacker said:
Been getting lots of bites on POF lately and it's definitely not my good looks. More logically it must be something to do with the moon or seasons lol.

Start messaging those girls that never replied to you before, those failed attempts if long enough ago are gone from her mail history so start out fresh!!!
Funny than you posted this. I was thinking of posting the same thing a few days ago for a different site- Okcupid. I banged 4 girls last week (Friday to Tuesday). Their rating was a 6 but still good enough. Not sure if am becoming a Master Don Juan or whether its just the season but something is working

lover4721

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found this to be true too... haha it is so weird that someone else mentioned the same thing. I messaged a good amount of women in previous years and never got a reply - I have but not ALL messages.

The other night, I messaged two women, and both replied.

However, both live across my State. I live in Eastern PA, and they live Western PA. The one said "Yeahhh that's far" and the other was interested and wanted to 'get to know me' and was all happy and giddy, but stopped. Stupid POF - it searched too far.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IBreatheSpears said:

My current one might be a bit boring. I mean, I didn't give that much away: mentioned what I'm studying (CS) including a joke about taking over the world with robots, what type of books and music I like, some TV shows and films I like, and that I like cooking foreign food, leading into a nice description of some of the travelling I've done. Totals about 200 words. For the "first date" section I just said I don't like to plan and that I want to go to the pier (I live on the coast) and go on the rides, joking that I'm "like a kid" and mentioning that I'm nostalgic. I finished with mentioning a nearby woods I like for tree-climbing. That section is about 80 words.
Computer science makes you sound dorky. So does the word "robots." And the tree-climbing is a little weird. I'd cut all of that out. Leave the foreign food cooking and the travel parts. And most women want you to be a planner, it's part of leading the way.

I know all of these are silly shallow things, but so are women.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IBreatheSpears said:

I'm a really good writer/reviewer, that being said, I can lavish that up for you. Obviously remove the bold because those are my thoughts.

I'm currently studying Computer Science(no use hiding anything here). I dream of the day from which I become the next "Stevie Jobs" accomplishing so much through my passion for technology, and the process of hard work and dedication- I know I can rule the world, or at least some of it!(a goal, mentor, some arrogance yet backed down with a bit of humor) Reading has always been one of my past times, my personal favorites are "blah1", "blah2, and "blah3"(if there are that many). "Blah1/2/3" exceptionally stands out for its distinct taste in "blah" and its well articulated momentum throughout the chapters that drive a final resolution from which I find very satisfying. I also enjoy kicking back and relaxing to a nice TV or Movie instead of reading- storytelling has always been an interest for me because of all the places I have visited. Seeing all the cultural differences that lead to the creation of certain technology and development of certain dishes, just creates a new life I enjoy exploring. (You like tv/movies and you mention you have traveled, but not where/when, and again your drive for computer science and you mention foreign dishes. saying you can cook it just seems like something you kind of "surprise" her).

First date section:

Romance has always been apart of every novel, movie, and different life of cultures. Through this, I tend to lean toward simple action dates that involve a combination of nostalgia and exploration.(the one you stated is just boring not gonna lie, this is basically "I'm a romantic, I like this or that, but that's all you get to know!"

The random section you mentioned:

There's a nearby forest I absolutely love to explore, the peaceful brilliance of the sunlight shining through the trees creates a sight everyone must indulge.(Basically what you said, but a little vague, that's a bit more "interesting.")

I've never done online dating before so I can't confirm this is effective. But I know for a fact that if you use your interest as passions or place yourself in a place from which one would THINK like it's their passion and then translate those thoughts into "well crafted" sentences that involve saying something in a small manner yet packed with a punch, it's going to catch some eyes.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am facebook friends with a guy who owns a jewelry store, because I used to sell him fight tickets. This was the first line of his facebook status today: June is almost here and that means Bridal season is starting!

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I am facebook friends with a guy who owns a jewelry store, because I used to sell him fight tickets. This was the first line of his facebook status today: June is almost here and that means Bridal season is starting!
I'm tellin ya man...

GOGOGOGOGO

Last edited:

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
goldengoose said:
^^^thats the bottom line of all iterations with women.. if your **** is not inside her it does not matter.. out of every 100 men a woman has she is only Fing 10 of them...

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Season changes are normally the best time to do online dating. Same occurs when it starts to get cold out too (if you live in a climate that gets cold.)

My success lately has been dead. But for me - "dead" means only a couple lays last month. But, these poor results - is primairly because I've been experimenting with very short profiles...

Which has not been going well at all.

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Computer science makes you sound dorky. So does the word "robots."
Mhm but the kind of girl who would be put off by nerdiness is not the kind of girl I'm looking for. I've gotten more success by showing my dorky side in measured doses than by hiding it.

most women want you to be a planner, it's part of leading the way.
I thought women liked spontaneity. I can't be both so I figured I'd go with the truth.

Frayzer said:
I'm a really good writer/reviewer, that being said, I can lavish that up for you
Thanks. I'm pretty good at writing, but my style is very blunt and not really suited to this kind of writing. If you've ever read Houellebecq, I have a similar tone. If not, it's blunt and sardonic, but with occasional flashes of stark imagery. I can go heavy on the imagery though. Thanks for the advice, I think it's good advice, though I don't particularly like the way you wrote it.

What do you think of this for a First Date section:
I've always found coffee/dinner/movie dates to be boring and too much pressure for some people, so instead we'll go to the Pier and have fun on the rides and in the arcade where you can try to beat me at air hockey (you won't beat me at air hockey). Afterwards, if the weather-god allows it, we can sit on the beach, drink and get to know one another. Alternatively, I know some fun venues around [town] to grab a drink.
In the first sentence I've subtly socially proofed myself (by implying I've had a lot of dates), made myself seem fun and considerate (I don't want it to be boring or too much pressure for the other person), and shown that I have a plan. Then there's a ****y joke about my air hockey prowess which also challenges her (I know whenever I read a line like that I think "You wanna bet?"), and finally some more plan, including a contingency plan which implies that I know the area well (I don't) which is a minor DHV.

I left the forest part out because I'm thinking going into the woods alone with a strange man is probably scary to most girls.

Last edited: