Living in the moment

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently discovered Eckhart Tolle. A lot of his material are things that i myself already thought about. The last few days I've been living in the moment a great part of my day. About 40% of the day i'm in a state of thoughtlessness. I was wondering if anybody else has actually reached an awakened state.

realtalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got one of his audiobooks but never listened to it

When you say you're in a state of thoughtlessness 40% of the day, is that the awakened part?

I think alot of guys on this forum always thought we were better at life because we're smarter than, say, the jocks but in reality we overthink things and sometimes the best thing is to turn your brain off and just live

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
About 40% of the day i'm in a state of thoughtlessness. I was wondering if anybody else has actually reached an awakened state.
How can a state of thoughtlessness be an awakened state? :confused:

In all seriousness, I know what you are talking about. It's the state of taking action, without thinking about the future, worrying about life, etc.

This is why people take vacations, to escape all the stresses of life and just live in the moment.

If you can make your whole life a constant vacation, you've done quite well, imo. :up:

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:

In all seriousness, I know what you are talking about. It's the state of taking action, without thinking about the future, worrying about life, etc.

This is why people take vacations, to escape all the stresses of life and just live in the moment.

If you can make your whole life a constant vacation, you've done quite well, imo. :up:
The only pitfall is that the future has become unimportant to me, and I dont find myself looking for some type of success. I'm still trying to find a balance between being in the moment and thinking, because I'm realizing that in this society, constantly living in the moment could potentialy lead to starvation. But what do I know, I've only done this for a few days.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was once in that state for quite a long time. I found the peace of mind. I got rid of the fears. Not feared what other would think about me, fear someone could kill me (rough neighborhood). Basically, I broke my ego. I was being honest with myself. It was really a blissful state.
But it wasn't for the right reasons....I thought I cracked it and that now I am smarter than others, forgetting to continue to get rid of my ego, which is still there somewhere, hiding.
Eventually I became very frustrated when I tried to explain, people close to me, how to attain this state.
First, I got it wrong for the reasons, I was in peaceful state, where not exactly spot on.
Second, I got some very nasty retaliation from people I loved the most (not romantically). Basically they tried to attack my weak spot with such a force, I couldn't take it, my new ego took a hit and my peaceful mind went to hell in a second. It took me few months to be out of the worst. I was fine, certainly better than in the beginning but I was afraid again not to replay the nasty part. So I plugged myself back to matrix....now sort of seeking material fulfillment (I was never much of a fan of $). I sort of succeeded and now hopefully, I am regaining balance again and working on my peace of mind, while doing the world a better place, keeping check on my ego.

I hope some of you can learn the lesson from my story, especially the part Do not to forget to keep the ego safely tied at all times. By Ego I mean false identity your mind creates to rationalize your existence. Learn to shut it down and when you need to think always check on the ego - be extremely honest with yourself.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:

Easy. Thoughts aren't pure, create barriers, people live in a box that way. There is a very thin line between madness and genius. Fear pushes us away from either one, and we confirm to the outside world.

Being a kid most resembles thoughtlessness / I don't give a flying turkeyness.

David Icke wrote a book worth reading, titled I am me, I am free.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
Easy. Thoughts aren't pure, create barriers, people live in a box that way. There is a very thin line between madness and genius. Fear pushes us away from either one, and we confirm to the outside world.

Being a kid most resembles thoughtlessness / I don't give a flying turkeyness.
So what you're saying is that we're not suppose to think and just meditate or walk around in some sort of daze. Who does the thinking then? The government, your friends, sounds more like Buddhism to me. Who says thoughts aren't pure. Love, faith and peace are some of the purest forms of thought we can think of.

I don't think a child is a good example because I remember my childhood very clearly and I have to say that I wasn't some mindless kid growing up. I can tell exactly what I was thinking the moment I became conscious of myself. I asked myself Where am I, Why am I here, and from the age of 3 was a journey to find answers to life.

I recently discovered the answers to life are in a book called the Bible.