Live pua coaching worth it?

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a guy who went through a Mystery Method boot camp last week. He paid more than 2000 bucks for the experience.

Just wanted to get the board's opinions on these kinds of programs - worth the price, or not?

AsianPlayboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on you.

Obviously I'm biased in that I do coach, but you can learn all there is to learn by observing and winging with naturals. I even wrote about this:
http://theasianplayboy.blogspot.com/2006/02/what-dating-gurus-dont-want-you-to.html

Or you can get some extra help by being instructed as well as watching demonstrations.

It's entirely up to you and your sticking points and where you figure your sticking points are.

I do, however, use the comparison that it's like college. Yeah, you could learn algebra or calculus by reading the textbooks and doing your own homework (ie being home schooled) or you could try actual class work. *shrug* It all depends on what you're looking for.

Here are some bootcamp review sites:
http://seductionworkshopreviews.com/review/
http://www.seductionreview.net/

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont understand why you feel you need a 'coach' to get a woman.

Sounds kinda lame to me. How old are you ? If you're pushing 30, I'd say, yah, now might be the time to get some help as the good ones are getting hitched now.

But if you're in your 20's, or even still in school, why bother ? Go to bars and clubs and learn through experience. Thats the best way to do it.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I learned a lot from taking a Charisma Arst workshop last month that really improved my conversational skills via the Juggler Method.

There are so many workshops out there teaching different methods. The workshop could give you an edge and push in your improvement,but for the most part you'll still have to rely on your observing ego to help correct mistakes made in the field.

I studied and watched a few of David D's dvd series, and sarged clubs/bars for nearly 3 months, as well as the DJ bootcamp here just before taking the workshop. The instructors thought I was already pretty calibrated, so my work was really in fixing body language/tonality.

You'll find that everyone's different and all have different and yet similiar styles. The instructors are very observant and will help you fix a few things.

I think in your approach journal you said you were 34, so I can see the workshop rekindling some old fire, if you need help in approaching and giving your personality a tune-up.

Experience is the ultimate teacher, if you can learn to calibrate and fix your own errors in self-reflection after a night out sarging, then you'll go far. Just experiment with different approach techniques and you'll be fine.

As long as your committed and you don't give up, then you'll improve naturally.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Asian Playboy's workshops are pretty reasonably priced.

There must be some incredibly racist people in Texas.

I sarge with an Asian guy up here and he never has any of the
problems APB has described in his blog. I guess that's Texas for
you.

Actually, where I live (St. Louis) the opposite happens.
Blacks are the majority here and many white women will only
date black men, not asians or whites. I run into this at a few times
when we go sarging assuming I bother to do more than a half
dozen sets (which is getting rarer as I get better).

Mnay chicks will only date a specific race. The likeihood of that race
seems to depend on regionalism. I've found it's often possible to overcome
these objections, though. OTOH, I haven't spent much time in TX yet! YEE HAW!

If you're Asian, I think in St. Louis you feel not be at a disadvantage to whites, though.
OTOH, you probably will be at a disadvantage to blacks as will white guys all other things
being equal. None of that really matters though, it is still possible for anyone of any color
to pull hotties here.

timeforacatnap

Don Juan
Reaction score
(i'm affiliated with MM so this is my notice, some ppl tend to get frizzy about commercial affiliations)

personally when i stasrted i didnt do any workshops or bootcamps, and there arre many ppl who get alot of success this way, but there are also ppl, who dont have the inner confidence or feel the need for the reassurence, and such like and for them a bootcamp may well be worth it.

also some ppl may also gain from it out of interest, learning from demonstration may well be benificial

most importantly its really up to the individual to decide if it is necissary for thimself to take a bootcamp or not.

from personal suggestion i'd recommend you get over approach anxiety before you go on to a workshop, as you'll probably get far more out of the bootcamp then

Reaction score
Buy a nice new car or upgrade your pile of junk with a paintjob and some nice rims. Why you got to blow money on useless things?

Make it count.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Bruce posted that to be humerous, but just to
make sure no newbs get confused...

By the time she sees your car it's too late as Shark says.

I laid many hotties when I drove a fvcking minivan!!!!

Actually, the hottest girls I've ever laid including the 3 exotic
dancers was during this phase of my life. I would consider a car
a total waste of $$ for getting laid.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends. If money is involved with the training, the trainee takes it seriously because he would ensure his money is worth a while. Else, a typically 30plus years old man probably wont take it seriously when given intrustions. Plus, if the person simply decided not to learn to read on his own, he must pay price for his laziness.

Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
I think Bruce posted that to be humerous, but just to
make sure no newbs get confused...

By the time she sees your car it's too late as Shark says.

I laid many hotties when I drove a fvcking minivan!!!!

Actually, the hottest girls I've ever laid including the 3 exotic
dancers was during this phase of my life. I would consider a car
a total waste of $$ for getting laid.
True. But its less of a waste than talking to some guy who is the "super ultra pickup master" for big $$$$.

AsianPlayboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, I think of it as college and schooling.

Typically, it takes a PUA, with little to no building blocks, TWO YEARS just to get AVERAGE. That's right, just AVERAGE.

So, you can either decide you want to be HOME SCHOOLED or go to class and learn from those who have applied their skills in the real world. It's as simple as that.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND A SINGLE ****ING DIME ON LEARNING SEDUCTION, FLIRTING, AND PICK UP.

Period.

But it's going to take you longer than those guys who decided to take a "college" level class and learn the lecture and do the homework (ie field experience).

Ultimately, to each their own.

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AsianPlayboy said:
Again, I think of it as college and schooling.

Typically, it takes a PUA, with little to no building blocks, TWO YEARS just to get AVERAGE. That's right, just AVERAGE.

So, you can either decide you want to be HOME SCHOOLED or go to class and learn from those who have applied their skills in the real world. It's as simple as that.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND A SINGLE ****ING DIME ON LEARNING SEDUCTION, FLIRTING, AND PICK UP.

Period.

But it's going to take you longer than those guys who decided to take a "college" level class and learn the lecture and do the homework (ie field experience).

Ultimately, to each their own.
are you saying that a 2 or 3 day boot camp with you or someone like mystery is equivalent to or greater than reading pu materials on your own, going out w good wings you can learn from, and 2 *years* of field experience?

i just don't buy it. certainly 2-3 days live boot camp is worth more than your average weekend at the bar, but i just don't see it being equivalent to 2 years field experience.