Life POV's to live like a male

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the current and modern world, there are people who, for various reasons, may have become lost and struggle to function effectively for their well-being. As social creatures, it is understandable that one of the reasons for this could be the lack of a strong masculine guide they can emulate, learn from, and apply their teachings.

Additionally, as visual creatures (particularly men), the creation of metaphors for our lives can lead to a better understanding of the actions we must take. This realization has led to the idea of having a life perspective, a visual framework that individuals can refer to when faced with difficult situations and need to make decisions.

Many people have found success in creating visual boards to help guide their lives, but the concept of a visual metaphor takes this idea a step further. A visual metaphor can serve as a comprehensive, visually-engaging syllabus that can provide direction and clarity throughout an individual's life journey.
This approach could be particularly beneficial for those who have felt lost or disconnected, as it offers a tangible and accessible way to navigate the complexities of modern life. By creating a personalized visual metaphor, individuals can tap into their innate visual processing abilities and find a sense of clarity and purpose when faced with challenging situations.

What about a train methaphor?

I am the train itself.

My values, beliefs, and principles are the train's tracks.

My family is the crew, working together to keep the train running smoothly.

As I travel along this life journey, I encounter various people who come and go - friends, coworkers, acquaintances. They are the passengers who board and disembark at the different stations, which represent the opportunities in my life, such as jobs, careers, education, and relationships.

When I face challenges or need to make important decisions, I must remember that I am the train. Without my own sense of self and my core values, the train will simply stop. Even if others, including my partner, try to sway me, I must stay true to my course. (frame)
That said, I don't have to be rigid. I can still listen to advice and make adjustments, like adding a new window or equipment to the train. (empaty)
But ultimately, I am the one in control of the locomotive. I must keep moving forward, guided by my internal compass. (values)

This is just a personal and restricted POV on life, but could this help?

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Jhonny,
Well TrenItalia,might be happy about you retro fitting your own Windows,NSW Railways take a very dim view...this is a lousy analogy.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
In the current and modern world, there are people who, for various reasons, may have become lost and struggle to function effectively for their well-being. As social creatures, it is understandable that one of the reasons for this could be the lack of a strong masculine guide they can emulate, learn from, and apply their teachings.

Additionally, as visual creatures (particularly men), the creation of metaphors for our lives can lead to a better understanding of the actions we must take. This realization has led to the idea of having a life perspective, a visual framework that individuals can refer to when faced with difficult situations and need to make decisions.

Many people have found success in creating visual boards to help guide their lives, but the concept of a visual metaphor takes this idea a step further. A visual metaphor can serve as a comprehensive, visually-engaging syllabus that can provide direction and clarity throughout an individual's life journey.
This approach could be particularly beneficial for those who have felt lost or disconnected, as it offers a tangible and accessible way to navigate the complexities of modern life. By creating a personalized visual metaphor, individuals can tap into their innate visual processing abilities and find a sense of clarity and purpose when faced with challenging situations.

What about a train methaphor?

I am the train itself.

My values, beliefs, and principles are the train's tracks.

My family is the crew, working together to keep the train running smoothly.

As I travel along this life journey, I encounter various people who come and go - friends, coworkers, acquaintances. They are the passengers who board and disembark at the different stations, which represent the opportunities in my life, such as jobs, careers, education, and relationships.

When I face challenges or need to make important decisions, I must remember that I am the train. Without my own sense of self and my core values, the train will simply stop. Even if others, including my partner, try to sway me, I must stay true to my course. (frame)
That said, I don't have to be rigid. I can still listen to advice and make adjustments, like adding a new window or equipment to the train. (empaty)
But ultimately, I am the one in control of the locomotive. I must keep moving forward, guided by my internal compass. (values)

This is just a personal and restricted POV on life, but could this help?
Makes sense. The moral of the story is that life and society is changing, so a person must change and adapt with it. It's important to pivot and know how to maximize their value to themselves and what they can offer for trade (work). Sadly, with people being more and more isolated and living off of social media; this is becoming a problem. Young males are not going into trades or college, and females now outnumber males in college (source: https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-economy/2022/mar/why-women-outnumber-men-college-enrollment)

Society's problem is the young male population is being led to the slaughter. The ones who can adapt and fend for themselves will succeed. The ones who cannot will fail or do something very bad to themselves or society.

We need a reboot and rebuild the support system for young males. Heaven knows, there's a sh!t ton of support for females.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Society's problem is the young male population is being led to the slaughter. The ones who can adapt and fend for themselves will succeed. The ones who cannot will fail or do something very bad to themselves or society.
This is why we need another war that blows up tons of young men and thins out their ranks so only the strong survive. ;)

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Jhonny,
In your first paragraph,your objective in the post would seem to offer meaningful advice for Young Guys who are wandering aimlessly in life,because they lack a "Strong Masculine Guide"....How is thinking you are a train going to help them?....Can you really have an analogy for this?....This train analogy describing ones journey through life, has been hacked to death for decades,in fact there is a whole Quora discussion on why it is so often used....To paraphrase dear old Archimedes,give me a large enough compass and I will draw a circle round the Earth.

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Jhonny,
In your first paragraph,your objective in the post would seem to offer meaningful advice for Young Guys who are wandering aimlessly in life,because they lack a "Strong Masculine Guide"....How is thinking you are a train going to help them?....Can you really have an analogy for this?....This train analogy describing ones journey through life, has been hacked to death for decades,in fact there is a whole Quora discussion on why it is so often used....To paraphrase dear old Archimedes,give me a large enough compass and I will draw a circle round the Earth.
And this is right!
But I wrote that the idea of the train was just about my single POV on life.
Do you guys know other views that can represent life better and serve as a "visual guide"?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Jhonny,
Some will say read your Bible,others say take up yoga,Or Pump Iron....You are a unique individual,your life is for you to live,its really just like a big apple,so enjoy it,hope it is sweet to eat and doesnt have a grub at its core.