Letting a girl know she's giving you the runaround... good idea?

Lost Savior

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this recently.... When a girl is absolutely giving you the signs of giving you the runaround, is it a good idea to let her know she's doing so before you NEXT her?

The Business Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
No. It won't do you any good, womankind won't change, and she won't even change. It's just not a very DJish thing to do. At worst she will tell her friends you are an a'ss and you just don't want that.

Remember, the purpose of nexting somone is to NEXT them.

OregonDuckJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree

I disagree. If you are going to next her than why not call her on her bs? Isnt that the point.

Something to the effect of:

You know I thought it was all good with us, but you are (flaky/rude/giving me the runaround), whats up with that?"

I dont see anything wrong with askin her why she is playin games. Id tell her you dont have time for it, and that you dont play games and arent gonna bother, peace. THats how id sum it up to her.

Peace

GropeDope

Banned
Reaction score
What's the ****in point of telling her? You think she doesn't already know? All she'll do is deny it. I've said this to this ***** before...
You should definitely major in ****teasing because its the only thing you've shown me that you know how to do

And she responded to that with, "So just cuz I won't hook up with you I'm a ****tease?"

And then my AFC ass actually sat there and tried to explain to her what ****teasing was and gave her examples of what she did to me.

She came up with excuses for everything and I just said

okay fine you can keep telling me you're not a ****tease but deep down inside you know exactly what you're doing to me.

To that I get from her:
if you have so many problems with the way i am then why are you still chilling with me?

You can't win bro. They've got excuses and bs reasoning for anything and everything, and they'll just throw the **** you say to them right back at you. It's not a fun game to play at all.

Next her temporarily (few weeks).....if not completely.

Howie Farkes

Don Juan
Reaction score
All bustin' her on her flakiness is gonna do is reinforce to her that she had every right to become flaky in the first place. You've just given her proof that her behaviour was justified and it will certainly not make her re-evaluate her approach - just strengthen it.

As tempting as it might seem to be to call out chicks on their sh!tty behaviour the best thing to do is walk away. Then you're teaching them that real men have no time or patience for stupid games.

violator

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howie Farks just described the perfect response to a woman's stupidity and gameplaying. Just walk away. If you are going to next her, not see her, call her, etc., what is the point of busting on her BS.

Besides, walking away and emotional detachment are a man's greatest weapon in dealing with women. Often times, this detachment will drive a girl crazy and cause her to come back in a fully reformed state.

Just remember, real men don't whine.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling them on it is a rookie move. It may be a stage you have to go through if you need to jolt yourself out of your fear of women, or your bad habit of putting them on a pedestal. Some guys can do it and make it work--or so I read on these boards. Mostly, though, guys can't pull it off. In the end, though, the best move is to walk away (as stated above.)

Read this somewhere in the last year or two: the only thing manipulative people understand is you walking away.

If you're still standing there chewing them out, they got you--they got a reaction, they got you upset, they got you to notice, they got you to call them on it, whatever. The only way you show you're above and beyond them is to walk away.

Anyway, guy, call her on it and report back--the discussion on handling game players certainly isn't closed.

Hendon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it. Aren't we supposed to bust their balls?

Perhaps not being direct about it is what you guys mean?

I've told some girls before not to play the game with me. Seemed to work well.

I read before this helps to tell them straight that we're not interested in playing their game and want to talk straight to their persona instead.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling women on their game?? how would you like it if a girl you have a medium level interest in DEMANDED you stop playing your DJ GAMES!!

all you are doing by calling them on their game is telling them your are FRUSTRATED (i.e. A-F-C)

now if she disrespects you, you as a man can and should say "Listen ! I don't know if many people tolerate this sh1itty attitude from you, but I wont!"

then WALK AWAY

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I could, I'd change the name of this from the DJ Forum to the MEN'S forum. Isn't a DJ the same thing as what the world feels "a real man" should be?
Does a real man get mad because a woman gives him the runaround? No, he considers himself lucky that he found out early on not to invest time or romantic energy in such a flaky chick. Calling them on it just makes you look bitter...and bitter is just another word for "needy".

The Business Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
What Mr. Latte just said should be the mindset when learning/practicing any of the DJ skills. It's too easy to get caught up in "I can do this to get the girl". When you learn to be a REAL man, you will get the girl you want without all the worries and frustrations.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reacting is emotional. Never ever Never let them see you get emotional. Women always have some drama going on in their lives. You never know whats going on that she isnt telling you about. She might have a BF or someother situation that you don't know about. Gettting angry and putting her in her place makes her think you are a b!tch.

I fvkked this chick last night who flaked on me several times in the past. I put her on "punishment" everytime she flaked. I wouldn't call for a week, or respond to her IM's. Then after a decent amount of time passed, I would say hello on IM or call her out of the blue. I acted like nothing happened, and my life had been just peachie since I hadn't spoken to her. Don't think for one minute that I don't remember all the times she flaked. There is no sweeter revenge than having her legs in the air and her screaming my name. Revenge is a dish best served up cold. Sure her flakiness irritated me, the one time I drove halfway to her house and she didn't answer her phone only strengthened my resolve.

I will definitely hit it again but in my mind Im only going to hit it a few more times then NEXT. Shes out the door. I won't feel bad though, she will always be the inconsiderate b!tch, who played me a few times, I will remind her of this when Im ready to next her.

She admitted to me she was trying to get over some other guy. She lied about this prior to me boning her last night. I already knew it, but her admission confirmed my suspicions. Sometimes a "no" isn't no never its "no" not right now.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't even call her on it. Just say, "Next"
I had a decent first date with a woman.
Before the first date, she was really available
and eager.
After the first date (which I think went OK),
she suddenly became busy, and her shared-
custody schedule suddenly started tilting
toward her having the kids "practically all of the
time."
So it was my second conversation with
her and she was just as evasive as ever.
I was thinking of calling her on it, but instead
I simply said, "Well, call me or email me when
you have some free time."
It's a game - show that you play gracefully by
bowing out when someone with a low IL
isn't expressing any interest.

Reaction score
Hell no! This makes you look like a byatch and weak. Just move on without a word....leave her wondering what happened to you...so that you stay in her mind...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Player_Supreme
Hell no! This makes you look like a byatch and weak. Just move on without a word....leave her wondering what happened to you...so that you stay in her mind...
I agree, it makes you look like a average FRUSTRATED chump. Why waste the effort? She'll catch on when you stop giving her the time of day. If she doesn't, why the hell were you wasting your time going after a woman that is a dumb as a pile of rocks anyway?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Howie Farkes
All bustin' her on her flakiness is gonna do is reinforce to her that she had every right to become flaky in the first place. You've just given her proof that her behaviour was justified and it will certainly not make her re-evaluate her approach - just strengthen it.

As tempting as it might seem to be to call out chicks on their sh!tty behaviour the best thing to do is walk away. Then you're teaching them that real men have no time or patience for stupid games.
i agree 100%

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Player_Supreme
Yeah and revenge is a dish best served with a side order of whoop ass too.
Yeah!

1hepcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman

all you are doing by calling them on their game is telling them your are FRUSTRATED (i.e. A-F-C)
Oh sh!t that is so good. I don't think it could be said better.