Let the women choose you?

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing some thinking lately, and it seems reasonable to assume that a girl who is decent looking will get approached by many guys everywhere she goes. Even if she's not supermodel hot, hell even if they are a bit overweight, they will get hit on.

So, why not let the women make the first move? such as her initiating eye contact or a convo? of course it will be up to you to do the close and all that.

I read an interesting post the other day, about shyness being only 25% vocal, and the rest body language. They say naturals are "careless" when it comes to women, but in reality do they just simply have good body language? The kind that makes people want to get near them? do they let their body language take care of most of the work?

Just some food for thought.

xBoost

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough man, but from my experience girls hardly ever make the first move. I do remember being approached by girls in high school but they would always be nasty, nasty looking girls. I mean I didn't know whether to feel good about the fact that girls were coming up to me or feel BAD because these ugly girls thought I was approachable.....oh ****....this is bringing up unwanted memories.....

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experiences some girls will approach, but often those girls have some kind of agenda, or they are just oozing with confidence and dont give a fvck about social norms. Most women on the other hand form what if experienced with give you a sort of subtle green light to approach, but they expect YOU to approach most of the time. You might have looks that kill (in the good sense) and a rep that commands respect, but if you're not confident enough to approach a girl, she isn't going to hold you in high regard.

Just my $.02

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
SayWord? said:
At the end of the day, chicks are the ones choosing
I suppose in a way, but I believe that has more to do with approving of you, and wanting to be with you. In the OP's case, i think he is trying a role reversal that i don't think many women would want or feel comfortable with.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had a couple of dates with an attractive older woman I picked up at a bookstore. I tried making eye contact with her when I initially saw her, but she wasn't having it at all.
But she sat at a table next to mine in the cafe section, and I started a great convo that concluded with a number swap and an "insta-date" at a Thai place around the corner from the bookstore.
So, I'm glad I didn't take the apparent lack of interest (zero eye contact) to mean I shouldn't approach.

I think waiting for them to make the first move is a really good Interest Level filter, but since it's a rare thing, you could be waiting quite a while between number closes...

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
muhuwahaha said:
I read an interesting post the other day, about shyness being only 25% vocal, and the rest body language. They say naturals are "careless" when it comes to women, but in reality do they just simply have good body language? The kind that makes people want to get near them? do they let their body language take care of most of the work?

Just some food for thought.
Yes body language is vital and many times women do make the first move through body language! It's a safe way, called flirting in other words.

Shy or nervous people will make it obvious by displaying body language that says they are uncomfortable. Closed body position, fidgeting etc. By changing 1 or 2 things you can change how people perceive you.

Check out my thread about 'The Body Language Project' book I have read.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are the submissive ones. It is not in their nature to approach and such. Hors have no problem approaching you though! Man up and approach girls.

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
Women are the submissive ones. It is not in their nature to approach and such. Hors have no problem approaching you though! Man up and approach girls.
QFT...the most submissive (aka feminine) girls will hardly even look you straight in the eye, much less walk over and approach you.