Less interest as you get older?

kandyass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all,
do any of you guys on this board notice declining signals of interest form women...in the street, or just about anywhere really...as you get older?

I'm just out of an LTR...have resolved to change my AFC ways, have bought new threads, got the hair done etc...(he, actually, there's no etc), and am above average looking...but just am getting NO signals, EC, etc from random women and especially from the early to mid twenty crew. Also, a lot of hard-faced, semi-hostile looks from the early, mid- thirties set (I'm pretty sure I'm not leering at them).

Do you reckon you have to work harder (not sure how) to get the attention or do you reckon you move more into a zone where you only really meet potential dates or ONS through friendship circles?

Also, and this may be a basic question but I remember reading in DeAngelo's stuff about not smiling too much...I've been told I have a quite serious expression on my face most of the time...maybe I'm scaring them and triggering the same reaction in them...but am wondering whether to consciously lighten it up a bit...

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just two questions:
What's your age?
Do you look older/younger/just about the same than your actual age?

I didn't mean to be blunt:D , but your answers will address your own question...

kandyass

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 35 and I look the same or younger than my age. Have been told by many (including the aforementioned mid 20s crew) that I look late twenties.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you are in your early 20's the pu$$y seems to fall from the sky like bread from the heavens.

When you get to our age (I am 34) the game changes cause the pool of decent women in our age group shrinks considerably. Your peer group no longer provides you with the opportunities it once did since now you are probably hanging out with people who are closer to your age, and the women tend to be, well, not as attractive as they were ten years ago. Add in the single mothers, psycho's and whatnot, and it's easy to see why you might not get the attention you used to from women.

You can always go younger, but that's another set of challenges and problems. I HAVE found that by at least hanging out with the younger ones you can get yourself somewhat back into the position of feeling like you are still in the game. No more under 25 yr olds for relationships for me, but most of the chicks I hang with are early to mid 20's and I'm having the time of my life with them.

Bottom line- cultivate friendships and casual flings with younger women, have fun, and stay single as long as you can.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im curious, where you from? U.K.? I found in U.K. women were more likely to let me know if they were interested and in N.America I found it much harder, also I lived in U.K. until 30 and here after that so could be age thing to. I still get laid, in fact not bragging but laid a 22 year old on the weekend, BUT Ive got to get to know em and lay on the charm nowadays, Its not as much a visual thing as when I was younger...
P.S. come to think of it one on weekend was 22 before that 42 then 32, 24,36, and 26 all while Ive been over 40 so all is not lost!
cheers ;-)

kandyass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Englishman, I'm Australian. Have nothing to really compare in terms of nationalities...although on my trip to Europe I did go to a dodgy club in the suburbs outside London where the women were outrageously slvtty...but I suspected most of them were single mum's looking for a hubbie...and I got blind drunk so didn't pick up. :p

I'm beginning to think the early to mid-thirties set are a slightly bitter from being burn't too many times earlier on...

Good work on the ONS's btw! :cheer:

That's quite an impressive range of ages.

Where are you meeting most of these birds? Bar's, clubs, street etc?

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 20...nearlly 21. I look 17-18 tops. I pass for 16 all the time. I find as I age a little more i will be coming into my prime at about 24. I dont think you get "less intrest" when older. Less of your age level market is free then due to **** like kids and marridge.

peacock

Don Juan
Reaction score
englishman - i'm also interested to know where you go to pull? are you in london?

in response to kandyass i would say that most older women are just as up for it as we are, but they don't tend to show it as much. the majority of the time that i'm walking down the street etc and women are eyeing me up is when they are just starting to look away. typically women check us out first without us realsing and then bottle it and look away, as most women are not very confident. you should read the book "why women can't read maps and men don't listen" by alan and barbara pease. she points out that in fact women ogle men more than vice versa, it's just that men don't notice, due to women's peripheral vision and our tunnel visision.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Kandyass, Ive met the women in different places, one on the weekend was a student from the states who used to rent a room from me, I invited her and her bf to a party at a mates 40th
and she turned up alone, after the party we went back to mine for a cup of tea and ended up shagging her!
Before that was at a party at my house and women Ive know for ages was in my bed at end of night, so.....
before that was chick i met on line, a bit fat but pretty all the same, I met her for a drink and was in her bed a couple of hours later.. before that was an asian chick who I did a cold pick up on in the park because she reminded me of another asian chick who I was besoted with and had been dumped by, I met that one salsa dancing.
So no fixed venue, as I write this I realise just how far Ive come since reading the DJ message...fvck I sound like a star dont I...
cheers...

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by peacock
englishman - i'm also interested to know where you go to pull? are you in london?
QUOTE]

Im in Canada

KnightRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this is a depressing thread kandyass
basically the older you get , the harder it gets ?

so does that mean when were in our prime 20s we should use it the best possible.

kandyass

Don Juan
Reaction score
**** yeah!

Yes KnightRyder you are in your prime in your mid-twenties. You should go for it!

If I'd known about this site in my mid twenties I wouldn't have wasted my time being in and out of LTRs.

Good luck!

:woo:

p.s. this post wasn't mean't to depress. I'm still hopefull but just sussing out the state of play.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: **** yeah!

Originally posted by kandyass
Yes KnightRyder you are in your prime in your mid-twenties. You should go for it!

If I'd known about this site in my mid twenties I wouldn't have wasted my time being in and out of LTRs.

Good luck!

:woo:

p.s. this post wasn't mean't to depress. I'm still hopefull but just sussing out the state of play.
Hey kandyass,

It's funny, I've been "desperately" looking for LTRs for so long...:rolleyes: I'm a modern guy with more "traditional" value...:eek:

If your LTRs were all genuine (meaning you didn't settle for less attractive girls you didn't really love), I'd say I really envy you!

Guess we all want what we can't/don't/didn't have...
:D

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on guys, it's NOT game over when you hit mid-thirties...
:)
Look at Jared Leto, lots of teenage girls still fantasize about him and he's 35...:eek:

Ok ok, the key is: he looks YOUNG!!!
Hope your all have good genes...
:D