lend $5000 to gf

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Don't lend anyone any amount of money unless you can afford to give it to them.
Yup. This is the golden rule.

funketekun

Banned
Reaction score
I'm financially ok. I make 6 figures. She needs it to help her sister to apply for some documents.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skirtChaser said:
If she has collateral, write up a contract, charge her 16% interest, make late payment charges, have it notarized, if she stop paying go to court and have her wages garnished, I've done it several times, mostly with my rentals, if she has her car payed for you can even put your name on her car title and if she stops paying you can take her car. Proceed with caution, do a credit report on her, be ready to collect if she defaults. Make sure you put in the late payment fee and court cost to garnish her wages. Limits to how much interest you can charge but no limits to how much of a "late payment fee".
If she wants to start trading sex for payments I think a good rate for that would be around 30 bucks a blow. On a 5K loan plus interest and fees, that's a lot of kawk sucking.
This is good advice if you can't help but loan a chick money.

Of course anyone seriously considering this needs to read over skirtchaser's post 20 more times and ask themselves if any chick thats not your family member or your wife is really worth all that hassle?

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
funketekun said:
I'm financially ok. I make 6 figures. She needs it to help her sister to apply for some documents.
If she's coming to her boyfriend for 5 grand then that means her entire family is lazy, stupid, etc.

Go for it if you really want to. But know that smarter men wouldn't even consider it.

But then again, we don't "love our girlfriends..."

:crackup:

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
funketekun said:
If you have a gf will you lend her 5000 dollars?

I would. She is your gf right?

If she lets you inside her, $5000.00 is nothing.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:

-
-
-
That had to be sarcasm, right?

I can't believe you are serious.

-
-
-

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The maximum amount of money that I will lend to a girlfriend is $35 and if I go that far in debt. I will not ask for anymore money. Currently, I had no money for my halloween costume and had to ask her for some money (especially since something happened at the bank that made my paycheck void. Guess I gotta go visit payroll tomorrow).

comic_relief

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:

I see your point. You see girlfriends as really, really expensive prostitutes.

I think I'll offer yours $5001.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Even I have to say lending money, especially five grand is insane. Ok, you can afford it. However, it still has to be a DAM good reason to lend it. I mean she has to have no other options and something big is on the line (like medical treatment as someone said earlier).

This isn't cynicism on women or even people in general on trusting her with the money. It's practicality. Why do you need to lend her the money? Can't she borrow it from a bank? Or family?

What reason does she need it that much? It better be good or tell her it just too much, money have a way to make a lot problems giving to the hand of others.

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it would depend on 1. can I afford it easily 2. where does she use it 3.how long have I dated her/how serious it's

I would never lend that much for my short term girlfriend. I would, however, give this for the one im living with. (assuming good reason and no financial hit)

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The amount of money shouldn't even be the issue so much as the fact of the matter. Is the person worth whatever you're giving to them? That's what banks and credit card companies do, I don't see why it should be any different this way.

I paid for a girl to get into a movie that we went to the other day. She wanted to go but didn't have enough money and hadn't gotten paid yet. It may have only been a movie, but it was the fact she wanted to go plus I was getting something out of it that made the difference.

What is to be attained/gained by lending her the money? I think that should be the deal breaker.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i'd wager london to a brick the sister's coming into the country and you're being used. $5000 to 'apply for some documents'? Where's she at, Sao Paulo? And you don't love her if you don't lend her the money? What the hell are you doing on this website?

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MAYBE your wife, but your girlfriend?? Definitely no. Tell her to get a loan from a bank!! She DOES have a job, doesn't she??

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
young_gun said:
MAYBE your wife, but your girlfriend?? Definitely no. Tell her to get a loan from a bank!! She DOES have a job, doesn't she??
Personally, I won't lend my wife money. What is mine is generally hers. What is hers is generally mine.

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$5000 to a girlfriend?
if she asks, tell her you can buy a hooker for way less than that.

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
funketekun said:
If you have a gf will you lend her 5000 dollars?
Nope. Maybe if it was a fiancee, and I was rich, and she needed some surgery or something, then I'd consider paying for the surgery. I doubt I'd even do this if it were to pay for a franchise or small business startup.

If your fiancee is running for congress, then maybe. Otherwise, there's no way.

You only do it if you are

1) able to walk away from the relationship.
2) a billionare.
3) able to not be screwed if you don't get it back. Ever.

It's so rare when it's a lending situation. It usually ends up being a giving situation, in the sense that you will NEVER see that money again.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I don't do that" is my reply when a girl asks me to lend her money.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess we'll see you on Judge Judy with her claiming it was a "gift"