Learning how to dance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjchris

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys Ill start by sayin im 17 so I should be able to get into some clubs in a few months. But the problem is I'm afraid I won't even go because I'm a bad dancer and I don't wanna embarass myself. I haven't gone to a school dance since 6th grade because of this. I want to get this part of my life handled. I was wondering what your guys advice was on this.

[DoN.2.Da.JUaN]

Don Juan
Reaction score
well theres no rule that says you have to dance at a club but then you'd be a wall plant :p

so my advice check out some of ushers video clips hehehe, just screw what people think if you need some confidence to get you on the dance floor get pissed and not only will you have confidence you'll dance like a crazy man =D

then the next day you'll wake up thinking wtf was i doing last night ;)

oh and ofcourse you could go to hip-hop dance classes or which ever style of dance you would like to learn, search around on the net and on the forum here

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, seriously. Look at some Usher video's. :)

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that no one even cares how you dance. I'm also beginning to think that the best dancers are the ones that have no idea what they're doing, but do it anyway.

My ex-girlfriend is under the impression that I am one of the best dancers she's ever seen. A friend of mine talked to her once when I wasn't around and he says, "the only problem with Derek is that he can't dance". She reply's, "are you kidding me?!". Let me tell you a secret. *Psst* I can't dance! :eek:

I started by moving my feet like I was tap dancing to a hip-hop song. And than I'd pick up on little patterns that I noticed I was doing and I'd start repeating them for a "I swear, this is an actual dance move!" effect. And it came off as cool! I caught people weeks later doing the same dance. Like they knew it was a dance move all along, psh. Pricks were stealing my moves, man. :) Go ahead, be retarded. If you look confident when you're doing it, it looks cool.

Also, when I wasn't dancing, I watched others. I watched the people who looked the coolest on the floor and when it was my turn, I tried to do some of their moves myself.

But if you really wanna learn how to dance... If it helps with your confidence... Get some lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.